• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New KH3 clip to appear at D23 (Disney) event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, seriously? I'm almost surprised that Iger is even aware of Kingdom Hearts at all. Hopefully this means they'll be making a serious investment into the third game (as well as SE).

Yes hopefully they give Billy Zane whatever paycheck he wants to return as Ansem.

Uhyve

Just curious, do we know if all PS4 games also have to have digital download versions through the PSN?

Also, what the hell is the deal with KH and digital distribution?

Also, I'm ****ing hyped. I didn't think that they'd even start the project until they finished FFXV.

TriGen

Walt Disney Company CEO - Bob Iger - gave a lecture at the event with Kingdom Hearts as one of the topics. Mentions the announcement to be made on the 14th - (via @aibo_ac7)

Cool.

If 2.5 gets announced here, I hope they confirm platform(s) right away. I need to know whether a PS4 version is coming or not, I don't want to be left wondering.

stryke

Just curious, do we know if all PS4 games also have to have digital download versions through the PSN?

Also, what the hell is the deal with KH and digital distribution?

Also, I'm ****ing hyped. I didn't think that they'd even start the project until they finished FFXV.

It's a different studio.

Famassu

Well, before what happened with FFVersusXIII/FFXV's development happened, that was the plan. But during these long years of waiting for FFXV, the Osaka team has been doing so well with the series' non-numbered titles (Re:CoM, BBS & DDD) that Nomura is confident in letting them handle KHIII.

Possible outcomes:

a) It's still the same clips we've seen before.

b) It's a new clip, but it will be like 3 seconds of it.

c) No matter the length, it will be CGI and nothing rendered in real-time.
1)If they say new, it will be new (extended scenes or something completely different).

2) Don't see why it would only be "3 seconds of it." With FFXV, just prior to TGS, they said there would be NO new footage, so having a couple of "extended by a few seconds" scenes was actually more than they ever promised.

3) Kingdom Hearts games are almost never promoted with exclusively non-real time stuff. Even the E3 trailer was kind of a "this is what we think it'll end up looking" footage, not some completely unrealistic Motorstorm E3 2005 situation.

New as in 2 seconds of new footage like the FFXV TGS Trailer?

Nah-uh, you ain't fooling me again Square.
They never promised new stuff for, so that 2 seconds of new footage in FFXV TGS trailer was actually a surprise (as sad as it is :( )

Exentryk

Nomura also shares:

Regarding D23 Expo Japan, this is the first time that Disney holds such an event outside the U.S., so it is a great honor for us to be invited. I’m very happy that we have the opportunity to hold a special conference for KINGDOM HEARTS. I really want to make a surprise announcement for this event but it is currently under discussion, so we’ll see (laughs). Since we announced KINGDOM HEARTS III at E3, we cannot make another announcement for the same game. Instead we will announce something else, which you will see soon enough.

KH2.5?! :D

Uhyve

It's a different studio.

Well, before what happened with FFVersusXIII/FFXV's development happened, that was the plan. But during these long years of waiting for FFXV, the Osaka team has been doing so well with the series' non-numbered titles (Re:CoM, BBS & DDD) that Nomura is confident in letting them handle KHIII.

Geeeee!!!!

Wow, I don't know what just came over me, some sort of childlike joy I guess, huh.

Soriku

its%20happening%20ron%20paul%20animated%20GIF.gif

- thirty seconds long
- no gameplay
- cameos everywhere
- dialogue that will literally make no sense whatsoever

no lie, though, I'm hyped. Haven't been interested in this series whatsoever since KH2 but it will be very interesting to see what kind of imaginative shit this series will bring on much more powerful platforms.

things have gotten better in this regard based on the small amount of 358/2 I've played, but I'm really hoping that the map design doesn't suck as badly as it did in Kingdom Hearts 1 and KH2 to a lesser extent. Also, Wonderland = no buy, for real

Sakujou

Banned
wow, i didnt watch the video, but just that one picture remembers me totally of ff15.

maybe in the near future, there will be final fantasy's kingdom hearts XXX

I hope we get something more than just a teaser. Knowing Square and there ways to disappoint fans, I'm staying cautiously optimistic about what they'll show.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Prediction: Any new KH3 footage will be pre-rendered/target render. KH 2.5 will finally be announced as well - after all, it's their worst kept secret.

Psxphile

I'm going to go against the grain and suggest the new announcement is for BBS Vol. 2 for iOS and Android. Now with more card battle.

But seriously: 2.5

Famassu

Prediction: Any new KH3 footage will be pre-rendered/target render. KH 2.5 will finally be announced as well - after all, it's their worst kept secret.
Can you even call it a "worst kept secret" when they haven't even tried to keep it as one (unlike, say, Sony moving Last Guardian to PS4 and being coy about it)? Nomura's "lol, of course it's gonna happen" comments aren't exactly them trying to keep it a secret, even if they haven't made a fancy official announcement with trailers, press releases and all.

Famassu

Yeah, it's time they officially announced 2.5. I really hoped it would be at TGS.
If they don't announce it now, what's the next slot?
Jump Festa in mid to late December. But I'd be surprised if 2.5 wasn't announced now. Nomura has been hinting at it too heavily, it's been 6 months since KH1.5 was released in Japan, 1.5 has been released everywhere now (so they can start focusing on the next thing) and now he's even confirmed they are announcing something KH related at this event.

foreveratechdemo.jpg

Yea well, it's good they are showing some footage, but I don't even know how they are developing XV and KH3 at the same time.
Different teams. The team who is doing XV is the one who made KH1+KH2 and the one making KH3 is the one who made BBS+DDD.

Mr. RHC

Different teams. The team who is doing XV is the one who made KH1+KH2 and the one making KH3 is the one who made BBS+DDD.

Ah, interesting. I thought they would bundle all their major KH and FF resources for XV's development. Heh, I trust the BBS team, my fingers are crossed for KH1 and KH2 team.

Famassu

Ah, interesting. I thought they would bundle all their major KH and FF resources for XV's development. Heh, I trust the BBS team, my fingers are crossed for KH1 and KH2 team.
The OG KH Team is at SQEX's Tokyo offices, while KHIII is being developed in Osaka by the new/currently considered KH Team.

I hope they add a bit of a BBS touch to the battle system for KH3.

I'd like some sort of combination of KH2 and BBS. More air based combat thanks.

Just gotta fear since they apparently base the gameplay on DDD or some shit. I guess that mainly means the flowmotion. I just hope thye know how to balance it right.

Famassu

I'd like some sort of combination of KH2 and BBS. More air based combat thanks.

Just gotta fear since they apparently base the gameplay on DDD or some shit. I guess that mainly means the flowmotion. I just hope thye know how to balance it right.
Uh.. no, they aren't basing it on DDD. Nomura has said that as KHIII is a numbered title, we should expect it to be a bit more like previous numbered titles in the franchise, though of course they won't completely do away with what they've seen people like about in BBS & DDD and they'll quite likely have something like flowmotion in there as well (very likely heavily changed/improved). So... basically, expect some kind of return to KHII-like combat but with some BBS/DDD-like changes (perhaps they'll retain the cool down mechanic for special attacks/spells instead of MP) and a more agile Sora, as far as traversing the environments go.

Uh.. no, they aren't basing it on DDD. Nomura has said that as KHIII is a numbered title, we should expect it to be a bit more like previous numbered titles in the franchise, though of course they won't completely do away with what they've seen people like about in BBS & DDD and they'll quite likely have something like flowmotion in there as well (very likely heavily changed/improved). So... basically, expect some kind of return to KHII-like combat but with some BBS/DDD-like changes (perhaps they'll retain the cool down mechanic for special attacks/spells instead of MP) and a more agile Sora, as far as traversing the environments go.

Nomura : As I said, we are currently doing a lot of testing on KINGDOM HEARTS III. There are many amazing things that you still have not seen, as the actions that the main characters will perform. It will be really exciting and impressive. As you know, we have developed many new features in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D with very fast movements. It was sort of what we were hoping for KINGDOM HEARTS III, and with that you could say Dream Drop Distance was a test for this game. The gameplay of KINGDOM HEARTS III will be an improved version of the KINGDOM HEARTS 3D. This is truly amazing and never seen in any existing action game.

So that to me definately sounds like Flowmotion will make a comeback in some form. What I am hoping for is that it doesn't break the exploration and platforming (what little the series has at this point). And make it balanced. The mechanic was forced into DDD and it shows. It isn't bad at all at it's core but the game needs to be designed around it.

Yazuka

Yes hopefully they give Billy Zane whatever paycheck he wants to return as Ansem.

And Chistopher Lee as well. Both Ansems sound so off without them.

Oh god yes!! Richard Epcar is great and is doing a fine job, but I just want Billy Zane back as Ansem. He is so much better in that role.
Corey Burton is great too, but he can't beat Christopher Lee. Would love to see both of them back in KH3.

Oh god yes!! Richard Epcar is great and is doing a fine job, but I just want Billy Zane back as Ansem. He is so much better in that role.
Corey Burton is great too, but he can't beat Christopher Lee. Would love to see both of them back in KH3.

Assuming Lee (and Nimoy) are in any condition or even alive to do any work on KH3 when recording finally starts...

Yazuka

Assuming Lee (and Nimoy) are in any condition or even alive to do any work on KH3 when recording finally starts...

That is sadly very true... Oh, damn.. I don't even want to think like that.
Is there even anyone out there who can sound a little bit like Nimoy if he isn't able to do the voice anymore?

That is sadly very true... Oh, damn.. I don't even want to think like that.
Is there even anyone out there who can sound a little bit like Nimoy if he isn't able to do the voice anymore?

If there was a good soundalike I would have expected to hear them in DDD. Blew my mind when they managed to keep a celebrity on the payroll this time!

Yazuka

If there was a good soundalike I would have expected to hear them in DDD. Blew my mind when they managed to keep a celebrity on the payroll this time!

Yeah, that's true. I was expecting someone other than Nimoy in that game actually. Maybe they got smarter and made a contract for multiple appearances?

It's a playstation talking with developers video.... It will be a 4-5sec video of a cutscene or devs surrounding a PC where a random Sora character model is attached

Yeah, that's true. I was expecting someone other than Nimoy in that game actually. Maybe they got smarter and made a contract for multiple appearances?

Supposedly BBS was to be his last acting performance but he got back from retirement and is doing whatever nowdays. But who knows how long he keeps it going.

But at least it is good to see him continuing to do it and seemingly loving what he does. Nimoy is hard to predict if he does KH3 but I really doubt it with Lee. They already have a replacement VA for him in multiple games and I can only admire how he can do any work at the age he is now let alone whenever KH3 translation starts.

But IF Nimoy isn't in KH3 it would be pretty neat to get Lloyd to replace him. Even with totally different voice I remember when people were speculating him to do MX in BBS way back :lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom