• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New KH3 clip to appear at D23 (Disney) event

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

4 JRPG releases next year for PS3 for me now.

Definitely keeping my PS3 plugged in.
To be honest, the more titles like this that are announced for the PS3 the less I want to purchase a PS4 at launch [despite having one pre-ordered]. I mostly did it out of hype and the feeling that I "needed" it, but now that the PS3 is still getting a lot of attention [and the fact that none of the early releases interest me that much] I'm tempted to cancel my pre-order and purchase a Vita instead [one of those OLED models before they're phased out].

I'm glad to see PS3 support continue into 2014 [and likely beyond].

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
As a huge KH fan, the only games I played were KH1 and 2. I hated that the wait for KH3 was so splintered and I didn't mess with portable consoles so I couldn't play the other titles. Now? I can get 1.5 and 2.5 at the same time and play through them all as a huge refresher and to learn new stuff...WOOO!

Tsunamo

What about dream drop? They must be making a ground up port or something for that if there's not even a recap in 2.5.
If the cutscenes aren't in 2.5 (which it looks like they aren't) then they'd have to completely redesign the game for a HD version due to it making heavy use of the touchscreen.
More of a reason to keep the ps3 around.
For sure. Birth By Sleep (FM) and KH2 (FM) in one package is going to be great.

Thoraxes

To be honest, the more titles like this that are announced for the PS3 the less I want to purchase a PS4 at launch [despite having one pre-ordered]. I mostly did it out of hype and the feeling that I "needed" it, but now that the PS3 is still getting a lot of attention [and the fact that none of the early releases interest me that much] I'm tempted to cancel my pre-order and purchase a Vita instead [one of those OLED models before they're phased out].

I'm glad to see PS3 support continue into 2014 [and likely beyond].

More and more i'm starting to feel the same way, hah. And I too have a PS4 pre-ordered like you do, too. (I already have a Vita though)
Drakengard 3, hd 2.5, symphonia Chronicles, and xillia 2 are the ones that I remember/am buying , which ones are you reffering to?
Ah crap, forgot one too. Make that 5.

Drakengard 3
KH 2.5 HD
Symphonia Chronicles
LR: FFXIII
Xillia 2

(getting Dark Souls 2 on PC)

If the cutscenes aren't in 2.5 (which it looks like they aren't) then they'd have to completely redesign the game for a HD version due to it making heavy use of the touchscreen.
Yeah, just seems strange they'd include coded cutscenes but not 3d. Square enix gonna square enix I guess.

Soriku

Ar no Surge could be good as well.

And Tales of Zestiria when that's announced...probably 2015 here though.

Ravage

Drakengard 3, hd 2.5, symphonia Chronicles, and xillia 2 are the ones that I remember/am buying , which ones are you reffering to?

+ Escha & Logy and Fairy Fencer F for me. That's one heck of a list anyway.

My PS3 will be kept busy for at least 2 more years.

frostshade

Neo Member

Add FF10/10-2 HD, Dark Souls 2, Fairy Fencer F and you got my list right there. PS3 will last me another 3+ years since my game time per month is about 2 hours max if you're not a jrpg that I like. :/

chrono01

More and more i'm starting to feel the same way, hah. And I too have a PS4 pre-ordered like you do, too. (I already have a Vita though)
Yeah, I'm a bit underwhelmed at the lack of Japanese support for the PS4 launch [but given that it's not due until 2014 in Japan, I guess that's to be expected]. The multiplatform titles, while are likely to perform best on the PS4 [at least, you'd hope they would], would be appealing if any of them interested me. It's mainly that compulsion that I must own that new console at release as to why I still have it pre-ordered. Initially I was hoping more would be unveiled at a later time [and that NeoGAF hype definitely pushed me to make the pre-order as well] but it doesn't seem to have happened.

With the Vita, on the other hand, I already own several titles for it [ones that either had a Special Edition that I didn't want to miss out on or that I felt might be difficult to track down later on], so I would definitely get more immediate entertainment from owning one of those. I could always purchase a PS4 later next year once title(s) are released that interest me more, with the possibility of a bundle to make the purchase even more of a deal. Also, I am worried that the older OLED models might become a rarity later on with the new 2000 models being released, although nothing has been announced for NA as of yet.

The PS3 definitely is a prize that keeps on giving, though. I had thought titles would slow down in 2014 but already I can see several titles that interest me, many of them being RPG's [that will likely demand a lot of my free-time considering I usually dedicate myself to them]. Either way, I'll definitely own a PS4 at some point, but Sony is really making a compelling case for me to hold off on the purchase with as much attention they're giving to the PS3.

Soriku

It's more like third parties are continuing to give the PS3 a lot of attention.

Just wait a while till the PS4 library builds up. There's no rush.

XJF

The official Twitter for KHInsider, your #1 resource for news on all of the latest in the world of Kingdom Hearts, including the upcoming KH HD 1.5 and KH3 !
Someone should tell KHInsider that KH 1.5 HD ReMIX is already out worldwide lol

Soriku

15: 54 PM - Sora and Riku confirmed for KH3, please look forward to Roxas. (via @aibo_ac7)

15: 53 PM - Riding and fighting on boats and illuminated trains like a Disneyland attraction. Nomura says this trailer is like you are playing the game itself (via @aibo_ac7)

Mecha

"Riding on a boat with attractions like Disneyland"
"Fighting on this boat with attractions"

Some tweets regarding the KH3 trailer.

Edit: Beaten.

JB2448

Roxas confirmed? Yaaaaaaaay, my favorite character in Kingdom Hearts. Now get Utada to sing the theme (not likely considering how Disney kind of really burned her) and it'll be perfect!

Tsunamo

At least there was some new footage shown.

Now we just have to wait for someone to leak it on the internet or wait for Square-Enix to upload it (which could happen lord knows when)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom