• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Killzone Mercenary Trailer

RoKKeR

abeum1.gif

The trailer is running at 60fps.

Jesus. YES.

Darth

Gorgeous! I wish it were heading to the PS3.

I wish all PSP/Vita games were available on the PS3, I'd buy a lot.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Wow, certainly no lack of effort here- looks amazing! Especially the squirrel suit section. Hoping this turns out really well.

I actually cringed at the dick-stab.

prwxv3

Looks great. I like that there is more urban environments. That was always a huge strength of the series. Hopefully the framerate is fixed by release if its not just the video but its not as bad as Resistance Vita.

Holy shit that looked absolutely stunning. Guerrilla Cambridge am gods.

That seriously looked amazing. I would hope the framerate will be tightened by launch if the September release date is true but it looked pretty good for the most part.

Day fucking one.

Djin1979

That's what happen when Sony put a talented team at work on the VITA, they should dedicate more AAA team on this device (Cambridge is not even a top Sony Studio)

Holy shit!! :-O that looks unbelievable?! How the hell did they make it look that good on a handheld?? Ps3 level gfx confirmed! Please let there be good mp! Kz2 style! Those maps were awesome!

No.

Yes it looks amazing for a handheld, but it doesn't look nearly as good as KZ2 or KZ3. I really think people forgot how good those games looked. The textures are much lower rez, IQ not as good, lower polys all around(enemies, but gun models look mostly the same), but mainly its the level of post processing and the lighting. The post processing and lighting are the strongest aspects of KZ2/3 and there definitely not on the same level here.

The one thing that does look just as good though is the animations. Just like KZ3.

This is definitely day 1 for me, but people need to stop saying this is just as good or even really close to arguably the best looking game of the generation.

After watching it a few times I'm not that impressed

The framerate seems to drop whenever there is action going on

And the game looks a little muddy and ugly

Strife91

No.

Yes it looks amazing for a handheld, but it doesn't look nearly as good as KZ2 or KZ3. I really think people forgot how good those games looked. The textures are much lower rez, IQ not as good, lower polys all around(enemies, but gun models look mostly the same), but mainly its the level of post processing and the lighting. The post processing and lighting are the strongest aspects of KZ2/3 and there definitely not on the same level here.

The one thing that does look just as good though is the animations. Just like KZ3.

Yeah. Seriously. We need to get a comparison in here ASAP.

Mulligan

Banned
Goddamn do i love the Killzone universe. Still, not enough for me to buy a Vita yet but it certainly looks stellar.

I can't wait to dick stab.

looks great.

and you earn money in the game. I don't think it'll have microtranscations. cool premise; mercenaries.

DieH@rd

Banned
Here is the info:

So, I'll just drop it here:

• Full fledged single player campaing
  • We will visit places known previously from other games. GG will show us known mission from different perspective, eg. - operation Archangel from Killzone 2
  • Main character is Aaron Danner - mercenary working for fame and money. He's a member of colonial army and he'll be working both of ISA and Helgen. Who pays more - gonna get the job done. And yes, first time in the series we won't play as an ISA.
  • We will be rewarded with cash for completing the mission. We could spend this on a black market for buying new weapons, guns, gadgets (drones, energy shield, invicibility). It's expensive and short working - but rewarding and helpful.
  • Vanguard is the new system. You can see it on the left arm of Aaron. You can quick access shops and use special weapons touching it.
  • For multiplayer - 8 players, 3 modes (Warzone, Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch). Money earned from single player and guns are unlocked in multiplayer too.
  • There's a whole Contract system (just like in Hitman: Absolution). After finishing a mission, you can activate a contract and earn additional money.
  • As I wrote earlier - graphically is astonishig, best looking game on PSVita.
  • Touch controls (stealh kills, zooming with sniper rifle [it's optional, though], "waggle gimmicks" for aiming, but it's all well implemented and it isn't feel like they added it just to add anything.
  • September 2013.

source: http://www.ps3site.pl/killzone-najemnik-bedzie-najladniejsza-gra-na-playstation-vita/140923

I really like they are offering gyro aiming assisit from Golden Abyss! Excellent feature.

Top Bottom