• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Killzone: Shadow Fall gameplay

i-Lo

ibvYD0mNIK70Yn.gif

The grenade had a nice smoke simulation effect to it. But the rough corners from a demo were there. I hope there's more variety in the full game.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I like the pointing and waving in you have to do for the drone, very natural looking actually.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The video compression really ruins this.

How are Sony and MS going to effectively promote their graphics when youtube is the primary medium for video content?

huge KZ fan but this is a terrible demo. Enemies are amazingly dumb and non agressive. Pacing is bad. Player is bad. The entire point ot the Howl thing is to freeflow the game : make it hack as you shoots enemies. make you more efficient in your pacing. Here, it just takes your time to give pointless order to show the howl when you could just shoot the 3 dudes in an instant

I know it's early but I'm still worried about the enemy AI. Hopefully GG will do a better job this time (compared to KZ2).
huge KZ fan but this is a terrible demo. Enemies are amazingly dumb and non agressive. Pacing is bad. Player is bad. The entire point ot the Howl thing is to freeflow the game : make it hack as you shoots enemies. make you more efficient in your pacing. Here, it just takes your time to give pointless order to show the howl when you could just shoot the 3 dudes in an instant
Agreed. It's OWL though :p

YouTube's shitty compression strikes again. I really wish they'd offer a higher bitrate options or at least start using x264 instead of whatever shit encoder they're using now.

Enemies do look dumb. Hope they fix the AI.

I came in expecting new gameplay, not the same shit that's been shown a million times already.

I Agree. I'm so tired of seeing the player zipline down and kill the guy on the tower.

Liamario

Banned
Whoever is playing the game; they look like they are struggling with the weight of the controls a bit. This makes me sad.

GameSeeker

The video compression really ruins this.

How are Sony and MS going to effectively promote their graphics when youtube is the primary medium for video content?

I fully agree. With PS4 and Xbone most games are going to be 1080p at 30 or 60fps. YouTube videos (due to low bitrate/high compression, max 30fps) lose a great deal of the fine details that make next-gen games standout. Sony and Microsoft need to think about hosting high quality videos someplace other than YouTube.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The entire point ot the Howl thing is to freeflow the game : make it hack as you shoots enemies. make you more efficient in your pacing. Here, it just takes your time to give pointless order to show the howl when you could just shoot the 3 dudes in an instant
I think the point of the OWL is to give you more options about how you approach various scenarios, not specifically to streamline gameplay. So it's entirely intentional that you could just choose to shoot the 3 dudes yourself.

equap

Banned
i don't like that the AI is still dumb when the player has all these advantages like radar and that OWL thing. I wish the dev would level the playing field by making the AI more alert or smarter.

Zaventem

So these melee moves how do they work? Never played a killzone game. He's doing 1 hit kills facing the front of the character.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Not new..

Even if it was new I don't know how hyped I can get for this game. It'd be different if this game was from Helgan perspective. I honestly expected that GG would do that since 'the trilogy' was completed.

Fix this shit GG!

Oppo

YouTube's shitty compression strikes again. I really wish they'd offer a higher bitrate options or at least start using x264 instead of whatever shit encoder they're using now.

They do use H.264 for both Flash and HTML5 players. But there's all kinda of stuff that can mess up a video, bitrate not being the least.

YouTube isn't the problem. I mean it'll always be compressed but you could play very nice looking stuff from there if its set up properly.

Effect

I like what I saw of this game however that only goes so far. If this new game plays like KZ3, which I recall reading that it does feel the same or at least similar, then this game isn't an option if and when I finally do get a PS4 in the future.

KAL2006

Banned
I like that there is some actual level design and this is not your typical on rails corridor shooter. There is some strategy and you can approach things in different ways.

Think I'll pass on this one. That looked kind of boring. The wall hack was a dumb idea. There is no sense of urgency or tension in the gameplay. The voice actors were phoning it in and what the hell was the AI doing at 7:54?

Really disappointing.

coldfoot

Banned
I like the music, perfect sci-fi style theme, similar to Mass Effect.
I also have zero doubt that we'll have graphics with this quality at 60fps later on in the generation.

Acheteedo

Dayam, was just saying how I'm not sure if I'll pre-order but that looks like a lot of fun. Still gonna wait on reviews but so far I like what I see.

Majanew

Banned
After seeing it so many times, I'm actually disappointed with the graphics in this section of the game. This jungle area doesn't look that good. How about some more grass instead of random patches here and there. And the textures need improved.

The fly-over of the city in the first gameplay vid back in Feb was impressive.

Top Bottom