• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
CgRb.jpg

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I'm not gonna lie - I have a very keen eye, I think, for CG.

And when I first opened this thread, those first ~three pictures looked live-action. Period. On first glance, I was legit confused. That's never happened to me.

I'm not gonna lie - I have a very keen eye, I think, for CG.

And when I first opened this thread, those first ~three pictures looked live-action. Period. On first glance, I was legit confused. That's never happened to me.

Same here. Ignoring the cartoon looking monsters, I didn't even think twice about it until I started to wonder why SE would make a live action FF movie. Then I looked closer and noticed that the princess girl's seat looks CG and the warrior girl's hair looks CG.

Other than that...wow.

HvySky

Man, this is making me a little bummed that we aren't getting these character designs in the actual game. Oh well. The CGI is crazy impressive. Had to do a double take on a few of them; shit looks real!

Exentryk

Just showed these shots to a few colleagues and they asked where the movie was being shot, and who the actors were. Their expressions when I told them it was CGI was priceless. One of them said that the Luna shot looks exceptionally good.

Just showed these shots to a few colleagues and they asked where the movie was being shot, and who the actors were. Their expressions when I told them it was CGI was priceless. One of them said that the Luna shot looks exceptionally good.
Of course this is mocapped/acted though right? Somewhere there is a group of people spending their SE checks who look at least 70% like these characters in the OP.

Pretty sure they were going for a younger Lena Headey,

3224386-face+-+female_lena+headey_full+lips_live+model_color_8x-lrg.jpg

she's the VA.
But she looks absolutely nothing like her.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
As much as they look good, the supporting cast (except the girls) look the same to me... Like there's nothing that makes them stand out.

Exentryk

Of course this is mocapped/acted though right? Somewhere there is a group of people spending their SE checks who look at least 70% like these characters in the OP.

Definitely is mocapped, but it doesn't necessarily need to be similar looking people doing the mocapping. Be interesting to see how the faces look close up in motion with all the voice acting and other effects.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
King Regis got redesigned based off of his performance capture actor.
joncampling_kingregis.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I guess it's true that the more realistic the characters approach, the more plain and standard they look
heh

kurahador

Man I wish the game and the movie uses the same character design or vice versa.
These kind of inconsistencies really grinds my gear.

She's the English VA, would they really model the character after the English VA? Especially when Luna looks vastly different in-game.
Seeing as how all the characters are white for some reason, yes, I could see that happening. It's happened before with games like MGSV.

I'm confused as to how such a young looking character could have her voice though. That's not going to be strange at all...

She's the English VA, would they really model the character after the English VA? Especially when Luna looks vastly different in-game.

Is it surprising? A lot of CG films/games model their characters off of the actors that portray them these days. An example, Uncharted 4's Drake looks a lot more like Nolan North than previous iterations.

There is that weird dissonance with Luna in-game, though, I'll give you that; she's still a Tetsuya Nomura design to some degree, so Tabata and his team might have wanted to be respectful of that and not alter her design to match the film? This is something the press should ask him about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom