• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Lays Chips Flavors appearing in stores: Chicken & Waffles, Sriracha, Garlic Bread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I tried sriracha. Didn't really taste like Sriracha, wasn't that spicy, but that doesn't mean they didn't taste really good.

JVIDICAN

The Chicken and waffle lays were easily the worst flavored chip I've ever had the displeasure of tasting. Though watching friends reactions to them totally made the purchase worth it. Lol

Co-worker had the Sriracha flavored ones and a bag of the garlic cheesy ones.

Observations:

- chips are thicker than regular Lays
- Sriracha reminds me of like chili ketchup, but it does have the nice burn at the end; it's pretty good.
- Garlic Cheese Bread... the smell of the 'cheese' is overpowering and the 'garlic' reminds me of sour onion. Not a huge fan.

Still need to try chicken & waffles.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Bought a bag of the Garlic Bread Lays. They just tasted like a cheesy Sour Cream and Onion to me, which is perfectly okay, although I was expecting more...oomph.

MrDaravon

Cheesy garlic bread was okay.

Not getting the Sour Cream and Onion comparisons on it though; I literally can't stand sour cream and onion and I thought the garlic bread one was fine and didn't taste anything like it.

Finally tried Chicken & Waffles - I actually can taste both flavors, but I really like the syrup taste strangely.

Ranking:

1) Sriracha
2) Chicken & Waffles
3) Cheesy Garlic Bread

Tried Cheesy Garlic Bread and Chicken and Waffles last night.

Cheesy Garlic Bread definitely tastes like... well, cheesy garlic bread. That said, it feels really weird to get that zesty taste from a potato chip, mildly off-putting. Still enjoyable, though; probably not something I'd serve a heaping plateful of, but okay to munch on in small doses.

I still have never had actual chicken and waffles, but the Chicken and Waffles flavor was really good. Basically maple syrup-flavored chips, which sounds all kinds of wrong, but tastes great. Didn't really taste the chicken part of it, but I can't say as I really minded. That scathing review couldn't possibly be more wrong about these.

I hate spicy, so Sriracha isn't for me - and yet, Murphy's Law (and seeing a widespread love of sriracha) dictates that this one will inevitably win, and the two flavors I actually give a damn about will go away while this one I don't want will stay. Ho hum.

ChanHuk

Banned
I was left disappointed by the sriracha chips. Tasted nothing of sriracha. The garlic cheese thing though, those are pretty damn awesome.

MIMIC

Banned
I LOVE the Sriracha-flavored ones. The Garlic Bread-flavored ones are disgusting, IMO. I couldn't even finish the bag. Garlic bread as potato chips just did not sit well with my taste buds. It also left a bad taste in my mouth afterwards.

I have no desire to even try the Chicken & Waffle ones; they just SOUND like they should be avoided

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
The chicken and waffle chips tasted more like the after taste of sausages topped with syrup. My favorite so far though. The siracha chips were too vinegar heavy for my taste.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I am Gaf's most accurate flavor tester, indisputably. Here's is the final verdict so a mod can lock this:

1. Chicken and waffles: exaggerated maple syrup flavor. Chemical aftertaste. Salt, no chicken. 2/5.
2. Siracha.: barely spicy, hint of garlic, ultimately pointless and Tabasco would at least have the distinction of vinegar notes. 2/5
3. garlic Bread: genuine garlic notes, potato overwhelmed whatever toasted bread flavor is in there. Best of bunch In terms of accuracy. 3/5

laaame

I tried the Sriracha flavored ones and it was pretty disappointing. They left a weird tangy flavor in my mouth and weren't hot at all. I didn't get to try the cheesy garlic bread but I would assume they are much better then sriracha because you would have to try really hard to fuck up garlic bread.

I just tried the Sriracha (still haven't tried the others) and I kept getting this strange undertaste for the first second or two that I could not recognize. After a few more helpings, I finally got it..........Smarties.
That quick amount of sweet tartness reminded me of eating Smarties, followed by next to no heat. I am disappoint.

Sho ain't no Salt & Vinegar :)

Xzeon

Banned
i live in Vancouver Washington, and i checked my local Walmart and Winco and couldnt find these chips.

my Walmart gets all the specialty Mountain Dew so i thought they would be there.

are they only in a specific region or specific stores or what.

i want to try them.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom