• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Mario Kart 7 screens, trailer, and Iwata asks

BowieZ

Banned
BowieZ said:
+ 2 more unknown
I'm gonna predict GCN Daisy Cruiser and N64 Yoshi Valley
Woot! I was right! Daisy Cruiser is confirmed as the 15th retro track! One more yet unknown!

Javier said:
Yeah, those are Battle courses, they say (using my best basic knowledge of Japanese to translate Katakana):

GBA Battle Course 1
N64 Big Donut
DS Palm Shore

Honey Bee House
Sherbert Rink
Wuhu Town
Yeah, there must definitely be more. I'm sure I saw a screenshot showing one of the battle courses from Super Mario Kart.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BowieZ said:
December 3rd for Australia! YES! (<<<<--- didn't see this posted anywhere yet..)

A day and a half before the U.S.!

Nintendo broke their Thursday tradition...for a weekend.

Normally I don't expect the Mario Kart cast to be exceptional, but seeing some of the new characters makes me realize how baller the lineup of new characters actually is.

Luigiv

EatChildren said:
Nintendo broke their Thursday tradition...for a weekend.
yesitis2.gif

Seriously though, I've never seen a game from any publisher release on a day that isn't Thursday before. How weird.

Can't say I'm too excited about the bee and worm as playable characters. I'm wondering if there will be more unlockable characters. I find it kind of strange that Diddy isn't there.

Oni Link 666 said:
Can't say I'm too excited about the bee and worm as playable characters. I'm wondering if there will be more unlockable characters. I find it kind of strange that Diddy isn't there.

I read somewhere that there are more characters than what we have seen.

StreetsAhead said:
That's only half the tracks, right?

Also, who are the confirmed characters?

Mario
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Koopa
Toad
Bowser
Peach
Daisey&#12288;(?)
Rosalina
Lakitu
Shy Guy
Metal Mario
Wiggler
Queen Bee

Who am I missing?

Wario
Mii

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
The Music Park track looks awesome. For some reason it reminds me of the Clock track in MKDS (does that make a comeback too?).

Chao said:
Not funny, the kid died after that

i doubt that..

it COULD however have gotten a nasty infection if the cat decided to stick out it's claws for the attack

as for me i hate both cats and kids so i am loving this gif mouhaha ;)

Can somebody tell me from the Battle Mode videos whether it's shitty team-only battle or every kart for itself or possibly both???

You probably can't tell or I can't.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Can somebody tell me from the Battle Mode videos whether it's shitty team-only battle or every kart for itself or possibly both???

You probably can't tell or I can't.
Seems to be Free for all.

The new tracks are looking great, the Star Cup especially, Star Cup usually ends up as my favourite and this looks to continue that tradition.

Gravijah

Nocturnowl said:
The new tracks are looking great, the Star Cup especially, Star Cup usually ends up as my favourite and this looks to continue that tradition.

that's because star cup has bowsers castle and rainbow road!

Gravijah

Chet Rippo said:
No, Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road are in special cup...

oh yeah

then how can anyone like star cup more than special cup

actually, now that i think about it, star cup in mkw was filled with awesome stages

Nocturnowl said:
Bowser's Castle is often a staple of Star Cup as well as Special.
Well, the first two Mario Karts had Bowser's Castle in Star Cup, but ever since Super Circuit, it's been the second to last race in Special Cup.

Gravijah

daakusedo said:
Seeing how the past cups are now part of each new mario kart, I think just having more than 16 new races would be better.

moreso i wish we got one track from every game in each of the classic cups.

Chet Rippo said:
Well, the first two Mario Karts had Bowser's Castle in Star Cup, but ever since Super Circuit, it's been the second to last race in Special Cup.
You are correct, for some reason I was remembering DD and DS having it in he star cup but oh well.

DarkWish

Oh man, the first of those new tracks with the old school Mario stuff looks freaking awesome!

EDIT: Wait... there are two WuHu Island tracks? That's interesting, wonder why they did that.

Top Bottom