• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Mario Kart 7 screens, trailer, and Iwata asks

udivision

Tiktaalik said:
Nice sprites for the fans here.

Nintendo is going to make a fortune on this game because they're clearly just trotting out the same old and having a handful of guys port it to 3DS.

And that's all we need.

SleepyJohn11 said:
Tanooki/racoon tails everywhere! I hope Nintendo doesn't go crazy with this. Game still looks very interesting.

I heard they changed the blue shells in this game. They're more like the N64 version?

Yeah, classic spiney shell so I hear. SO awesome.

Josh7289

Tiktaalik said:
Nice sprites for the fans here.

Nintendo is going to make a fortune on this game because they're clearly just trotting out the same old and having a handful of guys port it to 3DS.
Huh?

XeroSauce

Fernando Rocker said:
I'm going to play with this guy I made:

NSFW: http://i.imgur.com/HZbXi.jpg

6g4MC.jpg

Wow, it's like opening the Mii Channel for the first time all over again!

Now I'm excited for Battle Mode. It could have gone so right with MK Wii and 12-player online, but they sorta messed it up with the team thing. So here's hoping they didn't this time!
Oni Link 666 said:
I demand that we don't have to blow into the mic to fill up our balloons.
Well, you didn't have to... But yes, pushing the button was slower than blowing into the mic.

Berordn

Blowing up your balloons was the greatest part of MKDS's battle mode. Whoever passed out first was the real winner.

Cipherr

Josh7289 said:

Couldn't help herself.

Why would you do that? said:
Now I'm excited for Battle Mode. It could have gone so right with MK Wii and 12-player online, but they sorta messed it up with the team thing. So here's hoping they didn't this time!

Well, you didn't have to... But yes, pushing the button was slower than blowing into the mic.

That the option even existed was an insult. Such a terrible idea.

Berordn said:
Blowing up your balloons was the greatest part of MKDS's battle mode. Whoever passed out first was the real winner.

Ultimate strategy for that cake level - get a starting boost and make the jump, grab an item box, and all the while, hold down select to blow up dem bloons. Instant win, because you always get an awesome item with one balloon, but you have the safety with landing with two.

Looks like the leaf gives you the raccoon tail.

Fans of the Tanooki power-up will be glad to hear that the Super Leaf makes an appearance in this latest instalment giving you both offensive and defensive abilities. Use your Tanooki tail to both protect you from incoming shells and to whip opponents off the track.

Emitan

Vustadumas said:
Please play like the DS version, and not the shitty Wii version! PLEASEEEEEEE!!!
I've only played the Wii version in a friend's dorm and had no impulse to buy it. I've put 100 hours into the DS one. Please make it play like MKDS.

jonezer4

Oni Link 666 said:

How does his tail get from behind him to about 225 degrees around in front of him as indicated by the swiping motion. It would have to physically go through his body, because it's not nearly long enough to get up to where the swipe starts otherwise.

Preorder cancelled. Fake-ass game.

Cipherr

jonezer4 said:
How does his tail get from behind him to about 225 degrees around in front of him as indicated by the swiping motion. It would have to physically go through his body or way around, either way, it's not nearly long enough to get up to where the swipe starts.

Phony.png

Emitan

jonezer4 said:
How does his tail get from behind him to about 225 degrees around in front of him as indicated by the swiping motion. It would have to physically go through his body or way around, either way, it's not nearly long enough to get up to where the swipe starts.

Dude, his kart has a tail. What kind of power up turns you into a furry? That's a power down.

BARKSTAR

Banned
Battle mode was one of the biggest disappointments in Mario Kart Wii and if they had cracked it along with adding the online aspect I would still be playing it today.

Such a frustrating company sometimes. They are so talented when it comes to gameplay yet it's almost like they sabotage things on purpose sometimes which is so frustrating. I really hope battle mode is on par with the SNES & N64 editions (also loved 'Shine Thief' in Double Dash) as if this is the case along with a robust online mode then I going to see the dust blown off the 3DS for an eternity.

Slappers Only

jonezer4 said:
How does his tail get from behind him to about 225 degrees around in front of him as indicated by the swiping motion. It would have to physically go through his body, because it's not nearly long enough to get up to where the swipe starts otherwise.

If you shoot yourself in the foot first, this is mechanically feasible.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This is actually a more brilliant item idea for this game than Super Mario 3D Land.

SOLD! (it's Mario Kart though, I'm always sold)

Will pick it up at launch :D

That Tanooki powerup will be awesome no matter what game it's in. ^^

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I'm going to use the money I would have spent on an iPod Touch 5G to buy a 3DS and this game. I have such fond memories of MKDS playing online and endlessly shaving off lap times in time trial mode.

Mlatador

Banned
It looks AWESOME!!!

Thanks OP for the "right sized" pictures!

LOL, over at Kotaku ppl are freaking out because it apparently "looks bad" (info: their screenshot are too huge)

For some strange reason I'm totally excited to try out the new first person perspective!! CAAAAAN'T WAIT!! :D

I always though raccoon Mario was more iconic than the tanooky suit. The tanooky suit actually kind of rare in SMB3. I think it's kind of weird how they're acting like people think of the tanooky suit instead of raccoon Mario when they see the tail.

Sure am looking forward to them revealing a playable Goomba, Bullet Bill, Fetus Baby Mario and to top things off, a playable Kart which just drives itself. Effort.

everything else about this game looks great though, and I've seen the series as being pretty sterile starting with Double Dash!!

Top Bottom