• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mortal Kombat X details: No Babalities, dynamic weather in stages, roster 24+?

Who survived at the end of MK 2011. I forgot but from what I remember:

Raiden
Johnny Cage
Sonya Blade
Liu Kang? (It was left open if he survived or not)

Quan Chi
Shinnok

Anyone else? Obviously Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Sub-Zero, Sektor, and Cyrax can keep coming back since they're already dead

Liu Kang? (It was left open if he survived or not)

I have no idea what was even open about that

Alive for sure:
Raiden
Johnny
Sonya

Quan Chi
Shinnok
Kano
Scorpion
Baraka
Goro

Never shown again after losing near the end of the story but not shown to to have actually died either
Reptile
Mileena
Sektor
Cyrax
Ermac
Sheeva

Xevren

I hope he's just a frail old man you can one shot after putting up with his broken ass at release of the last one.

Mdot

I haven't been following this at all and didn't play MK9 except for a few random matches, but is there a list of confirmed characters to this point? I saw an earlier post of who's alive and dead but I didn't see
Sub-Zero
on it. Forgive my ignorance, but is he really not in?

rubex75

Banned
I haven't been following this at all and didn't play MK9 except for a few random matches, but is there a list of confirmed characters to this point? I saw an earlier post of who's alive and dead but I didn't see
Sub-Zero
on it. Forgive my ignorance, but is he really not in?

Characters returning from MK9 that have been confirmed are

Sub Zero (we don't know which at the moment)
Scorpion
Raiden
Kano
Quan Chi

And now Kung Lao.

SUPARSTARX

Their characters aren't done. NRS hasn't learned how to balance characters since like UMK3 Kappa

Hoping they shrink combo and super strong zoning shenanigans down a bit and throw out more burst damage with that new trait system and stuff. The game looks stunning and hopefully it plays well competitively. They have a lot of work ahead of them balance-wise.

Hope the reveal won't be as underwhelming as the SFV reveal. After all these years, has MK finally won?
Won what? MK games don't even sustain, competitively, in the community in the long run.

But they do win in product sales. All those discounts and fire sales every other month.

What do you think of GGXrd (16) or the rumors that SFV will launch with 16?

It's already been revealed and looks much more interesting than SFV. And MK won in 2011.
But the latest SF4 came out in 2009 for consoles, not 2011. So MK9 didn't really have any other releases to compete with that year. Do updates count?!?!

Bleepey

I hope he's just a frail old man you can one shot after putting up with his broken ass at release of the last one.

For shits and giggles I hope they make him fragile, fragile like a glass cannon. Think Phoenix from MVC3. Dark Kung Lao rises! Kung Lao's Kung fu jibber jabber will sound even more intimidating when it's accompanied by his super-fast teleporting, persistent dive kicking, remote-control hat throwing and high-priority, low recovery, easily-abused spinning bullshit!

Manu

This probably needs a new thread, but...

So, the first issue of the prequel comic came out. And it's really good.

It brings some cool story twists and leaves a lot unanswered. The art is inconsistent but looks great at time. But overall very good for a first issue.

Anyone else read it?

@MUWANdo

Banned

It brings some cool story twists and leaves a lot unanswered. The art is inconsistent but looks great at time. But overall very good for a first issue.

Anyone else read it?

Some people mentioned it in a different MKX thread but it probably does deserve its own thread, yeah.

I'm a little behind, but as far as returning characters go, shouldn't (story spoiler for MK9)
Johnny Cage and Sonya
be back? or because of this "time skip" stuff they gonna be "too old"? (which makes no sense since Kano's back.)

Anyone else read it?

Yes, definitely needs a thread.
I'm a little behind, but as far as returning characters go, shouldn't (story spoiler for MK9)
Johnny Cage and Sonya
be back? or because of this "time skip" stuff they gonna be "too old"? (which makes no sense since Kano's back.)

Or they died within the story.

Would be kinda lame if they died in the "after story" considering they survived and all, but they could give an opportunity for
their son or daughter perhaps?
being a combatant, which could be cool I suppose.

ItHasBegun.gif
This might sound crazy but I created this gif years ago. I just overlayed the text (couldn't sync it with Shang Tsung's lips)

Manu

If noone has opened a new thread by tomorrow I'll do it.

I've had enough "new thread" emotions for a day today -_-

Top Bottom