• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new nintendo 2ds xl comes out july 28 $149

trixx

This is soo stupid and why does it cost 149 in 2017 WTF??

Sell it for $100 maybe 120 max. and sell the original 2ds for 69.99 or something equivalent.

This is why a dock and joy cons are like $80 Canadian. Crazy

The orange is making me want one if it hits $99

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
This would be dope as fuck to have as a legacy device but man I can't justify getting this for $150.

Imagine a kid that got this and he's playing Mario Kart 7 on the bus and the kid next to him has a Switch and is playing Mario Kart 8. I would be so pissed.

Axonometri

Damn! I just got my younger two a 2DS for the library to $ ratio. So... of course now my boys are going to want this vs their little screens on the 2DS. What is even scarier, why do I want one? LMAO It looks really nice. Love that blue accent on black. Why?! Nintendo.. why you gotta do this?

atbigelow

Saw a YouTube notification on my phone and couldn't believe it, haha.

Pretty interesting; they invested to get Unity and other things running on n3DS so they want to get as much out of the library as possible. Pretty neat.

ggx2ac

C-dqUa6U0AEvQi0.jpg

Hahaha I was almost right in predicting this.

I can only see a New 2DS revision happening if the old 2DS is becoming more expensive to produce in comparison.

Other than that, it's hard to see a whole family revision. The old 3DS XL is definitely getting dropped next FY.

It will be much easier to speculate when Nintendo reveals the forecasts for their next FY at the end of April.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=233394313

What I didn't guess was that it would be called New Nintendo 2DS XL

That white is really sexy but probably not coming to the US. Also, this will likely have newer firmware that will prevent homebrew/emulators/custom firmware. Isn't it only 11.3 and under that work and this will almost certainly launch with 11.4...
July is 3 months away. There could be another firmware update by then.

oti

Banned
Doesn't change the fact that they probably have very few if nothing for 3DS next year. Most of the Nintendos titles this year aren't even from Nintendos main teams.

'They probably don't have another hardware revision planned', Vital Tundra thought just hours ago.

Jimrpg

Oh for fucks sakes! Seriously!!!

When I bought my 3DS XL they announced the new 3DS and new 3DSXL two days later.

I just bought my new 3DS last week and now they announce this. I just feel trolled at the moment.

The only saving grace is i wanted the new 3DS because it was smaller and my XL is too big for my three year old. There isn't a new regular new 3DS in this announcement is there?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Color and curves remind me a bit of the candy clamshell iBooks.

fDJqWPa.jpg

The grill pattern on the top isn't doing much for me, but overall? I think the design is really sleek. Probably the best iteration of the DS series since the DSi.

'They probably don't have another hardware revision planned', Vital Tundra thought just hours ago.
Am I wrong? Is there foreshadowing they have something from themselves for 3Ds next year? All signs point to no. I didn't have any thoughts on a 3DS revision but if anything this is no different than the GBA Micro.

Is that an actual analogue c-stick? I may consider getting this because my New 3DS nub is getting a bit wrecked and the eye tracker for the 3D doesn't work.

I still got a couple of 3DS games I'd like to keep playing.

kswiston

Imagine a kid that got this and he's playing Mario Kart 7 on the bus and the kid next to him has a Switch and is playing Mario Kart 8. I would be so pissed.

At least in this case, one system costs twice as much as the other.

You know that there were kids whose parents were buying them GB Pockets for XMAS, post-GB Color launch, to save that $30. That would have stung worse.

Damn that looks slick.

Tempted to get one, I sold my old XL when I got my Switch and having the Zelda remakes and portable Xenoblade would be nice, but I'd rarely play it. Also, the 3D was a pretty important part of the experience to me, I rarely played my 3DS in 2D and thought it made games more immersive.

I'd be all over a system in that form factor with 3D though, it looks really nice.

Now that was out of left field. Nice looking piece of kit, but they should have shot for a $129 price point, same as DS Lite in 2006.

If I didn't have a New 3DS XL I'd consider it.

Top Bottom