• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Project To Be Announced Tuesday, August 26th on Niconico

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Because, in Famitsu on Thursday, they were hyping it with the following terms (forgive my shoddy translation, except the first because StreetsAhead did that)

「ポケモンゲームに"超"新展開」 - A brand new development in Pokémon games
「驚天動地の新プロジェクト」 - Earth-Shattering new Project
「歴史が変わる瞬間」 - The time history changes

Plus, the official site listed the announcement under their "Games - Other" section, which they only use for spin-offs (though that does include some merchandise games like Pokémon Battle Chess)

Could certainly be used to describe something on the level of Pokken. Could be any genre of title though really, Pokemon fits in a lot of places.

PS. Speaking of old spin-offs, what's the chances of a Puzzle Challenge VC release Joe? Or Pinball. Playing TCG again on 3DS was an awesome throwback.

JoeM86

Could certainly be used to describe something on the level of Pokken. Could be any genre of title though really, Pokemon fits in a lot of places.

PS. Speaking of old spin-offs, what's the chances of a Puzzle Challenge VC release Joe? Or Pinball. Playing TCG again on 3DS was an awesome throwback.

It could also be used to describe Great Detective Pikachu because of how the talking Pikachu changes things, and how Ishihara was worried it'd damage things.

I'd say there was a good chance. Hell, I have always said those two have a better chance than TCG GB, but that came.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'd say there was a good chance. Hell, I have always said those two have a better chance than TCG GB, but that came.

More hyped. I have Puzzle League DS but that's just not the same. The Pokemon skin and beautiful sprites made Pokemon Puzzle Challenge the best in the genre for portable play. So god damn good.

yaesir

I expect a side game for the Wii U with original characters and voice acting, possibly related or having ideas taken from the pokemon detective game, or even having Looker as the main character.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
That's not how it works at all.

Even if they were "independent", Nintendo wouldn't allow something that is their property to have a "proper" game on a smartphone.

The game can be on either Wii U or 3DS, and with Nintendo Directs being out of action while Iwata recovers, they have to reveal it somehow, and this is a great way to do it.

but we had several Directs even during Iwata's absence.
Btw, I was pointing out that a 3ds game is more probable than a Wii U one.

What we expect/hope:
ibselVzcGIp1Ki.gif

What it will be:
OySPKWm.gif

Rosur

It could also be used to describe Great Detective Pikachu because of how the talking Pikachu changes things, and how Ishihara was worried it'd damage things.

I'm expecting that Detective Pikachu game.

Though hoping for a fully 3D Wii U Pokémon game and that screen that's been posted is just the battle mode from it.

If it is Pokken(at this point I'm so hyped I can't expect anything less), what do you think the some of the stages should be? I have a few ideas:

Challenger's Cave
Mt. Silver Summit
Bell Tower
Distortion World
Spear Pillar
All Pokemon League Champion Rooms
Trick Master's House
Team Plasma's Castle
Team Rocket Base
Destroyed Geosenge Town

I expect a side game for the Wii U with original characters and voice acting, possibly related or having ideas taken from the pokemon detective game, or even having Looker as the main character.

Plot twist, the idea for Detective Pikachu was turned into a mode for Pokken where you solve a mystery in an area then fight a Pokemon as Luchachu. Bluchu will be the final boss of this mode.

Pokken would be awesome, I'ld love it to be Snap 2 - but a Pokemon Snap sequel isn't earth shattering really so uh.

I actually think it will be Pokken as it seems Smash Bros has been used as a testbed to try more Pokemon in a fighting game situation, so I could see them announcing a Pokemon fighter, then using Amiibo so you can potentally have all 700ish Pokemon available, you just unlock the ones you want.

zeromcd73

Because, in Famitsu on Thursday, they were hyping it with the following terms (forgive my shoddy translation, except the first because StreetsAhead did that)

「ポケモンゲームに"超"新展開」 - A brand new development in Pokémon games
「驚天動地の新プロジェクト」 - Earth-Shattering new Project
「歴史が変わる瞬間」 - The time history changes

Plus, the official site listed the announcement under their "Games - Other" section, which they only use for spin-offs (though that does include some merchandise games like Pokémon Battle Chess)

Hey Joe, in regards to the first point it's actually a "super" brand new development in Pokemon games :)

So it's even more super..er than you originally thought it was going to be :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hm, so if this is the first time a spin off gets this major biggie, then it should really be something.

JoeM86

Hm, so if this is the first time a spin off gets this major biggie, then it should really be something.

Well, on thinking back, there was one thing.

Back in 2004/2005, they had announced Diamond & Pearl early, but there was still time so they announced three spin-off games and called them "The Road to Diamond & Pearl". They were Dungeon Red & Blue, Ranger and Trozei. They were promoted rather well

In something like Battle Maison which is an endurance/endless mode team preview would just slow the pace down a lot (although, I do get frustrated when the opponent opens with a perfect checkmate to my team as happened a lot in Super Multi). However, team preview and being able to select opening is a must in a stadium/tournament system.

As for stadium. Factor 5 why did you have to die and take your sound secrets to the grave :( But like the DQ menu/battle sound effects the 8-bit Pokemon cries are hardwired into the series I guess.

That would be perfect.

Hisoka

Welp, even if it doesn't have anything to do with it.

Leaker says Mewtwo in SSB4.

So if they announce Pokkén, why not along with Mewtwo for SSB4?
That's what i want now, and tomorrow i'll be super disappointed..
SUPER DISAPPOINTED i know it already, guys guys..

Still, hopefully it's really a shocking announcement, or at least something for the WII U like Colosseum/XD or Stadium/Revolution.

TreIII

Well, the thing about Mewtwo is that he has a Mega that gives him Fighting typing. If they really wanted to keep things interesting, they could split up his different Mega forms between Smash and Pokkén.

jeffers

That's what i want now, and tomorrow i'll be super disappointed..
SUPER DISAPPOINTED i know it already, guys guys..

Still, hopefully it's really a shocking announcement, or at least something for the WII U like Colosseum/XD or Stadium/Revolution.

THANKS. I was avoiding the leak thread and you just straight up post part here. ugh =/

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Please be Pokken please be Pokken please be Pokken please be Pokken please be Pokken...

THANKS. I was avoiding the leak thread and you just straight up post part here. ugh =/

If it's any consolation, what was quoted is not in any way confirmed, so it might not be true at all. At the very least, it hasn't spoiled anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom