• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon X and Y info cometh next weekend!

Hahaha, they literally couldn't have revealed less if they'd tried.
KuGsj.gif

We wait for Coro Coro, then.

The battle footage is amazing. This was as nice a 3d representation of pokemon as we could have gotten. Better than the Colosseums and Wii game. I just wish they'd remove the circle

Box

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh, I think I prefer the old Mewtwo.

I'll be disappointed if this little kid Mewtwo snatches Mewtwo's spot in Smash Bros.

Maybe he'll transform between each form or something... idk.

JoeM86

Guys, do note that they called the Kyurems new Pokémon at first too. It replaces Mewtwo on the movie poster. It is quite clearly a Mewtwo form :p

Phazeta

Neo Member
I don't believe it! The new Mewtwo Forme was real after all. It looks a little different from the leaked poster, though.

I still don't think there was any reason to consider it plausible before Smash, though.

Box

So, that's two Pokemon revealed that have a connection back to the original 151.

I'm guessing X and Y will include a number of the older Pokemon before the postgame.

L Thammy

My favorite part about Mewtwo was his way of telekinetically holding items.

Homerun KO-ing someone with Mewtwo felt awesome.

Don't forget telekinetically throwing throwing people into other people. Or hitting with a full-charged shadow ball after dodging an attack.

FSLink

Banned
So, that's two Pokemon revealed that have a connection back to the original 151.

I'm guessing X and Y will include a number of the older Pokemon before the postgame.

Well they already showed tons of old Pokemon in the first trailer. >_>

Box

Well they already showed tons of old Pokemon in the first trailer. >_>

Well, it could be argued that they did that because they wanted to show off the new 3D battles without revealing a ton of new Pokemon. None of those Pokemon are really confirmed to be in the game.

I do hope that they'll let you catch Pikachu before the postgame though.

Tan

Well, it could be argued that they did that because they wanted to show off the new 3D battles without revealing a ton of new Pokemon. None of those Pokemon are really confirmed to be in the game.

I do hope that they'll let you catch Pikachu before the postgame though.

I think by "old" pokemon he was referring to the original 151.
And if those pokemon aren't confirmed then that seems like wasted work for something so insignificant.

AGITΩ

So where did the rumours of more than 1 pokemon being revealed even come from? :(

From them showing multiple '?' boxes during the intro of pokemon smash. But it was just the Initial reveal, then the reveal to the studio audience. And I dont remember what the other one was, I think a new TCG booster pack that featured Blastoise and Kyurem.

Box

I think by "old" pokemon he was referring to the original 151.
And if those pokemon aren't confirmed then that seems like wasted work for something so insignificant.

Well it's not wasted work. They'd still be in the game technically. What I was getting at was whether or not you'd have to trade for them or wait until the post-game to catch them.

Black and White didn't include any of the old Pokemon until the post-game unless you traded. I'm guessing X and Y won't be the same.

Can anyone give me a summary of the announcement?

http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us/ - Check the most recent update.

The OP found the link. I think it might be helpful if he added it to the OP.

Edit: I guess there's a new thread.

Among all this hate that I'm seeing for this new Pokémon/form/whatever, I'm looking on the bright side....

At least they weren't announcing a Fire/Fighting Fennekin evo.

Top Bottom