• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon X and Y info cometh next weekend!

Seda

Official Twitter fueling the hype as well.

hQ5rtHK.png

ASTROID2

B-b-but I want it this weekend.
I like going into new Pokemon games as blind as possible but I don't think I can resist.

Brofield

I was just thinking this morning they have been rather quiet on news for X&Y.

...and now that I think about it now, I wonder how far along they've coded the game.

Pseudo-OT general question: Would they program that games in sequence of in-game events, to make sure they don't affect one another too drastically? Or is game development (for Game Freak and for the rest of the industry) similar to movies; all done out of order then edited together in the end?

I think it'd be pretty neat to be a fly on the wall inside the offices of Game Freak.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I guess we can expect the long awaited Nintendo Direct then....

zroid

Banned
It's very interesting seeing the American arm of the Pokemon Company getting involved in the trickle teasing. This has never really happened before for obvious reasons.

fates

Fucking finally, goddamn. Talk about a drip feed.

Probably because they revealed it so early. Well, comparatively early.

Anyway, looking forward to it.

... also looking forward to seeing what they do about trainers in battle. Please don't use the overworld models for that.

Probably because they revealed it so early. Well, comparatively early.

Anyway, looking forward to it.

... also looking forward to seeing what they do about trainers in battle. Please don't use the overworld models for that.

Actually I think Diamond & Pearl hold the record for the earliest; Munchlax was unveiled in May 2004, DP came out I think in Sept 2006?

fates

Actually I think Diamond & Pearl hold the record for the earliest; Munchlax was unveiled in May 2004, DP came out I think in Sept 2006?

True, though I was more talking about official showing of the game. Technically we could say Gold and Silver have the longest as Ho-oh showed up in episode 1 of the TV show.

True, though I was more talking about official showing of the game. Technically we could say Gold and Silver have the longest as Ho-oh showed up in episode 1 of the TV show.

That's true too. :p

Edit: The first episode aired on April 1st 1997, GS came out on Nov 21st 1999.

serplux

April 1, 1997 (Anime beginning) - November 21, 1999 (Gold/Silver release)

May 2004 (Munchlax reveal) - September 28, 2006 (Diamond/Pearl release)

Gen IV was still longer. :p

Edit: Beaten like a rag doll.

Azure J

April 1, 1997 (Anime beginning) - November 21, 1999 (Gold/Silver release)

May 2004 (Munchlax reveal) - September 28, 2006 (Diamond/Pearl release)

Gen IV was still longer. :p

Edit: Beaten like a rag doll.

I'm so oldddddd. I remember being there day and date for Pokemon's first episode as a 8 year old. I'm 23 now, what the hell.

Zee-Row

Banned
Am I the only one excited to finally play Pokemon on a Nintendo handheld that has yet to be ruined by Action Replay or hacked?

Top Bottom