• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon X and Y info cometh next weekend!

Izayoi

Banned
... also looking forward to seeing what they do about trainers in battle. Please don't use the overworld models for that.
I can 150% guarantee that they will use different models for overworld and in-battle trainers. The overworld models would not fit the high-quality battle models for Pokemon.

but isn't it all more satisfying when they show it
...Maybe a little.

Official Twitter fueling the hype as well.

hQ5rtHK.png

Hype! I always love some Pokemon reveals!

Omg the girl in the greens face. :lol

ffdgh

Oh joy....now it's as if the song if inverted time is in effect...

That aside, Nintendo direct incoming?

Revven

Am I the only one excited to finally play Pokemon on a Nintendo handheld that has yet to be ruined by Action Replay or hacked?

I don't know why you'd be excited because EV training is only going to be a 100% grind now.

You couldn't use illegal Pokemon online in the previous games anyway... (well, Friend battles you could).

Canon

Banned
I hope it's exciting news and not just Pokemon reveals. I'm sick of that, there's already too many Pokemon to keep track of.

Izayoi

Banned
Am I the only one excited to finally play Pokemon on a Nintendo handheld that has yet to be ruined by Action Replay or hacked?
I'm more excited because it means that there won't be any spoilers this time around. Secret Pokemon will actually remain secret until Gamefreak reveals them.

Revven

Its a little sketchy on Black and White that my Pikachu can lose to a magikarp.

Are you talking about offline battles?

Did the Magikarp use Flail at low health (surviving your attack with a Focus Sash)? Because if so, that's why.

Can't see how you'd lose any other way without it being blatantly obvious.

You're not.

I think it's important that these games can be easily patched as well. In Gen V, we knew about legendary Pokémon like Meloetta and Genesect years in advance of their official reveal thanks to people looking at the game code. If they can patch in new Pokémon though, they may actually be able to keep these secret again, and make them into real surprises.

DaBoss

You're not.

I think it's important that these games can be easily patched as well. In Gen V, we knew about legendary Pokémon like Meloetta and Genesect years in advance of their official reveal thanks to people looking at the game code. If they can patch in new Pokémon though, they may actually be able to keep these secret again, and make them into real surprises.

It also leads to fake rumors that people make up. :D

Always loved those.

I'm looking forward to finding stuff out for myself, thanks to the simultaneous release and possible patching in of Mystical Pokemon.

Surprises! In a Pokemon game! It'll be like being 5 again.
3AQmK.gif

serplux

I'm looking forward to that and any possible DLC. Nintendo's done a good job at including worthwhile DLC in their games, and I'd love to see what they could do with Pokemon.

Main reason I stopped wasting time EV training and everything because of how bad the hacking was on the DS. Was a waste when everyone has pokemon with 31 ivs across every stat. X & Y will be amazing for this one reason. I kind of hope they din't let you import pokemon from black and white 2.

javac

Was playing White 2 today as usual and it occurred to me. Will this new graphical update and camera angel change(?) affect much? The game worlds were very tightly packed and dense if that makes any sense? I'm hoping it stays that way and doesn't lose its charm and that it's fun to play as always.

ffdgh

Main reason I stopped wasting time EV training and everything because of how bad the hacking was on the DS. Was a waste when everyone has pokemon with 31 ivs across every stat. X & Y will be amazing for this one reason. I kind of hope they din't let you import pokemon from black and white 2.

Why punish everyone for others choices?

HardRojo

Not reading/watching!! Since this is the first time a main Pokemon title will be released simultaneously worldwide I'm going on total media blackout.

LegoArmo

I imagine there'll still be something like PokeGTS to ruin it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh god are those Caucasian kids in PokeSmash?

Also good to know that information are now being dispersed properly on both sides of the planet. Really shows that they really want to make it simultaneous. Also I have a feeling this would be the stuff that would be added in CoroCoro this month.

OMGOMGOMGOMG the only thing that would make the week even better after so much silence is a Nintendo Direct! I'm probably asking for too much!

I hope we get some more tidbits about the game itself... but who am I kidding, I'll probably be satisfied with more new pokes ;)

Village

I'm very excited about that too. People will actually have to catch and train Pokemon. So happy.

You know they are going to figure out how to do it, right.?
Like two seconds.

Level 100 booobitybeeps, the secret robot pokemon team universe made.

Forkball

The number one thing I want is an easy way to transfer Pokemon to one game. I have Pokemon spread across three different DS carts, some that are over 10 years old from RS transfers. They should make some Pokemon box app for Wii U, and use the wifi function to transfer over the Pokemon and into X Y. DO THIS NINTENDO.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm going on blackout too.

Sadly, Pokemon has hooked me so bad that I don't even have a 3ds because nothing else interests me personally, but Pokemon ESPECIALLY a 3d(polygonally speaking) will always get me.

Oh god are those Caucasian kids in PokeSmash?

Also good to know that information are now being dispersed properly on both sides of the planet. Really shows that they really want to make it simultaneous. Also I have a feeling this would be the stuff that would be added in CoroCoro this month.

If they are revealing new Pokemon on Smash, Coro Coro may well be revealing either even more new Pokemon or substantial region or systems information. They need their scoop.

entremet

The number one thing I want is an easy way to transfer Pokemon to one game. I have Pokemon spread across three different DS carts, some that are over 10 years old from RS transfers. They should make some Pokemon box app for Wii U, and use the wifi function to transfer over the Pokemon and into X Y. DO THIS NINTENDO.

I didn't have many pokemon from Gen IV/V, but I can only imagine the pain it would've been to transfer the almost 500 pokes from previous gen into Gen V. That retarded minigame was so annoying.

ASTROID2

That would be awesome.

ffdgh

Couldn't they make a 3ds transfer app....or should I say a 3ds pokemon storage app for transferring? I"assume" it wouldn't be too hard to make.

There's still plenty of time before Pokemon release, it's very possible the 3DS common key will be leaked by then which will allow others to see the game's contents (but not hack Pokemon in the game). Therefore, don't count on not getting unrevealed Pokemon spoiled yet.

Think of it this way: If that happens, we will be spoiled on future Pokemon, but we will ALSO be able to listen to the game's music (if Game Freak doesn't release a soundtrack CD).

Top Bottom