• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon X and Y info cometh next weekend!

Village

The number one thing I want is an easy way to transfer Pokemon to one game. I have Pokemon spread across three different DS carts, some that are over 10 years old from RS transfers. They should make some Pokemon box app for Wii U, and use the wifi function to transfer over the Pokemon and into X Y. DO THIS NINTENDO.

Speaking of which, I would like a battle stadium game for the wiiu, but with a story that's in an entirely separate mode.

Keyouta

Mewtwo's new form? Mewtwo's new form.

Mewtwo seems to be getting a new form going by the most recent movie trailer, but I'm not sure if we'll be seeing this next Saturday.

If we do, then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Just give me a decent XL NOA bundle and ill be more then happy day1.
Seriously is that too much to ask for to give you my money NOA....srsly

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, someone explain the game mechanic changes introduced since Black and White? What did they do to EVs and IVs?

EVs are auto-updated rather than level up. This means you can pretty much level up Pokemon without worries, and you can change a Pokemon's EV despite being level 100.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't think it's going to be multiple Pokemon, probably just one.

The board probably has Sugimori Art of it, and then we get in-game footage.

Neiteio

edge-wwe.gif

I hope the designs don't suck.
Perfect GIF for this. Also, re: design suckage, I find the new designs that suck the most on first impression, turn out to be my favorite. Like I wasn't too hot on Chespin and Yveltal at first, but now they're my favorites.

Boss Doggie

There's that circulating fake evo of Jynx.

Also Swoobat's base stats reek of being first stage evo. Maybe it gets another evolution.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't bothered to show off this gens Lucario/Zoroark yet for the kids.

Zoroark failed though.

With that said, they may try again. Somehow the upper echelons think Zoroark's dark type but shitty movepool, nice ability but introduced team preview at the same time, event-only Pokemon, and an annoying film, were good ideas. Maybe they can fix that.

Gimme a Dragon/Fighting.

Village

I'm honestly surprised they haven't bothered to show off this gens Lucario/Zoroark yet for the kids.

Lucario is for all and all is for lucario

There's that circulating fake evo of Jynx.

Zoroark failed though.

With that said, they may try again. Somehow the upper echelons think Zoroark's dark type but shitty movepool, nice ability but introduced team preview at the same time, event-only Pokemon, and an annoying film, were good ideas. Maybe they can fix that.

Gimme a Dragon/Fighting.

just about to say that, the "kids" as he put it went back to lucario.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, even the official Movie site has a blog where the director's self insert character mentions the random Sableye. There's definitely something up with it, and an evolution is a logical guess.

But that website is wrong, because while Aipom was randomly captured by Ash in the Gen 3 anime and received an evolution in Gen IV, Gligar was captured in the Gen IV anime long after we knew Gliscor existed. :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That Eevee design sucked and Fennekin design sucked, but surely something will be great because of how great Froakie's design is. #teamfroakie

PK Gaming

Perfect GIF for this. Also, re: design suckage, I find the new designs that suck the most on first impression, turn out to be my favorite. Like I wasn't too hot on Chespin and Yveltal at first, but now they're my favorites.

Hi5!

Gen V went from being

"ugh these designs are so lame"

to

"YAY these designs are amazing"

I LOVE gen V Pokemon in general, they're usually cool or unique and are generally fun to use too.

JoeM86

While new evolutions are cool, I think we should be hoping more for completely new Pokémon.

Am I the only one excited to finally play Pokemon on a Nintendo handheld that has yet to be ruined by Action Replay or hacked?

Nope, I too am excited about it. No hacks, no RNG abuse. Trainers will actually work to get their good Pokémon. Part of me wants them to cut off compatibility with Gen V for that reason too, though I know that'd be horrible.

It makes my job a bit harder, though. However, I'm up for the challenge!

After playing Persona 4 on my Vita, I'm starting to get the addictive gameplay of Pokemon. I'm playing Persona 3 right now. I might check this out when it comes out.

Boss Doggie

Sableye's referencing Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Do you think its evo would reference something?

Considering the on-going patterns of Pokemon with the even numbers being filler gens of sorts and the odd gens giving us pretty much all new pokemon I'd assume we're gonna get a lot of evos. There's one too many pokemon out there that I'd like to get the Roselia treatment.

JoeM86

Considering the on-going patterns of Pokemon with the even numbers being filler gens of sorts and the odd gens giving us pretty much all new pokemon I'd assume we're gonna get a lot of evos. There's one too many pokemon out there that I'd like to get the Roselia treatment.

I just hope it's not as bad as Gen II and Gen IV were, distribution wise. Many of the new evolutions in Diamond/Pearl weren't originally available until the postgame, and in Gen II, many of the new Pokémon weren't available until the postgame either.

They can't do that again :/

I just hope it's not as bad as Gen II and Gen IV were, distribution wise. Many of the new evolutions in Diamond/Pearl weren't originally available until the postgame, and in Gen II, many of the new Pokémon weren't available until the postgame either.

They can't do that again :/

Well Platinum did rectify that somewhat, since it extended the dex to have all the fourth gen pokes available but yeah. I hope we don't get another generic 150 Regional dex.

Top Bottom