• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS4 OS Images Surface

Wz7mABv.png

LMFAO

sono

I am not really feeling it either way from the static shots, I would need to be hands on with it for a while to give more feedback

Not going to put too much stock into these. Take a look at the 'concepts' that were promised with the PS3 launch vs what we were served... ahem.

yeah they showed a much different store than we got at launch, or even after the first major upgrade to the store.

hopefully this time they're able to put this together for reals. i think the Vita OS and the new PS3 store prove that they know HOW to put them together. i'll remain confident.

Why wouldn't they be? It's an app.

Microsoft and Sony don't hate each other, they do a lot of business together.
It's mainly because I don't remember them announcing that that would be supported platform. Usually, when someone says "mobile," they just mean iOS and Android.

DBT85

It's mainly because I don't remember them announcing that that would be supported platform. Usually, when someone says "mobile," they just mean iOS and Android.

Understandable. I suppose it will depend if Windows phone picks up. I thought that your comment was more a typical "PLAYSTAION APP ON WINDOWS PHONE OMG" type post. My apologies.

IRL pictures for every account avatar?

I very much doubt it, they already said you don't have to use your real name if you want to carry on just using your PSN ID. Doubt they'd force a photo if you just want to use another image. They must make some money selling that shit to people after all.

zeopower6

IRL pictures for every account avatar?

There was a LocoRoco one in there. Will PS4 finally have 'custom' avatars? (This could be bad)

I think the background will probably be animated and subtly change to different shades of blue if the PS3 was any indication :/

Clott

Is it official that the XMB is dead? why change for the sake of change? the XMB is wonderful and unique, do we really just want a bunch of tabs?

Takuya

Banned
There was a LocoRoco one in there. Will PS4 finally have 'custom' avatars? (This could be bad)

I think the background will probably be animated and subtly change to different shades of blue if the PS3 was any indication :/
In a way, yes. It's your social media account avatar but you also still have your psn avatar for anonymity.

DBT85

S¡mon;72426446 said:
Nope, Facebook isn't - luckily - integrated.

You can share videos and screens direct to facebook, and can get your friends from facebook. How much more integrated does it need to be before you can call it integrated?

I'm excited for the PS4 and all, but I've been leery of Sony's OS aesthetics and organization. These screens just show me that Sony still doesn't know how to make their OS as intuitive and aesthetically pleasing as Xbox's. Sure, the Xbox OS has it's fair share of problems (trying to find a game that hasn't come out recently is neigh impossible), but I'd still take that over the PS3's interface.

One of the reasons I'm looking forward to the Xbone is that I have a feeling the interface will be fluid and intuitive. All that being said, the PS3 is my main console. I haven't turned my xbox on in months. So, in the end, I guess my argument is sort of invalid. Still, I hope Sony evolve's the PS4's interface and doesn't do a repeat of the PS3.

cakefoo

I don't get the hate. I like how everything has a modular look to it, like widgets on an Android tablet homepage.

Aside from the blue background, what would you change?

Marleyman

Banned
I love reading the responses of those who say it sucks and it looks sweet as they are the ones who always defend/hate lol.

I think it looks cool and seems to be an improvement. I prefer Xbox One's OS but Sony isn't DOA because of their OS.

trmas

Banned
I don't get the MS people... the XBone interface and PS4 interface look virtually identical. How can you like one over the other?

Tekku

I think it looks very clean and functional. I like the "home screen" where you can just scroll down and get the latest feed. XMB is very confusing at times and not very practical if you want to get a good overview of gaming and social content.

Only thing I dislike is the blue color. But that's just personal taste. I think some black will work magic on this UI. :)

Sean

Banned
Gotta love how these mockups always use real names and beautiful professional models when in reality the typical PSN user will have a screen name like "XxX W33d Smok3R420 XxX" and use one of the shitty default avatars:

Da7Qt7E.png
x82xZJj.png

zeopower6

Gotta love how these mockups always use real names and beautiful professional models when in reality the typical PSN user will have a screen name like "XxX W33d Smok3R420 XxX" and use one of the shitty default avatars:

Well, they're trying to push the "real friends"/social networking-ish aspect of the PS4, which is why most of the avatars are models and also 'real names'.

Top Bottom