• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim Battlefront II Bundles announced

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Sony and Capcom should really bring over that Monster Hunter World Pro model. That's one of the better looking custom models I've seen in a while. This Battlefront 2 model? NOt so much.

Yakkity

Best part is, in keeping with the Battlefront ethos when you open the box you might just find a skin for a PS4 pro in there. If you want an actual console,, you'd better keep buying them. It's the ultimate lootcrate

Rosur2a

not a great looking Limited edition but nice to see not just Japan getting one but then its Star Wars so will end up selling.

FelipeMGM

EU gets the two mentioned bundles + a limited edition grey slim bundle.

23880742498_d455cc48d0_b.jpg

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...ar-wars-battlefront-ii-playstation-4-bundles/

this looks better than the black one

Elandyll

Banned
What's crazy is that $299 price tag in the sense that I got my PS4 with BF1 and that code for 4 older Star Wars games for $299 years ago.
I bet you that next week (towards the end) they're going to announce a $50 drop effective Nov 1st.
Of course retailers will follow suit immediately afterwards.

These will become a regular $399 LE (Pro), $349 non LE (Pro) and $249 (Slim) SKUs, and ready for a temporary further discount on Black Friday (hitting the $199 sweet spot, which I could see extended in December for the reg PS4).

bombshell

I bet you that next week (towards the end) they're going to announce a $50 drop effective Nov 1st.
Of course retailers will follow suit immediately afterwards.

These will become a regular $399 LE (Pro), $349 non LE (Pro) and $249 (Slim) SKUs, and ready for a temporary further discount on Black Friday (hitting the $199 sweet spot, which I could see extended in December for the reg PS4).

Hmm, I think it will be announced at the Paris Games Week conference on 30th October instead. Or is that where you mean?

sense

Maybe this is what sells to the general public sorta like needing to have a guy with a gun on game covers. I can’t seem to come up with anything else as to why these limited editions come off as tacky most of the time. It doesn’t look as bad as some are making it out to be but yea not great.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
lmao@ the pro 'design' some one is trolling sony this gen...almost all the special consoles have been ugly as hell

I hate myself for pre-ordering the slim bundle since I fucking hated the Beta but thats a damn good deal

RedAssedApe

Banned
Upstaging cod. Ugh lol

Why they gotta put logos on the handles all the time. Just keep them on the touchpad and it looks decent.

OCD Guy

This is worth buying for the revised console alone. That CUH-7100 goodness....

Seriously though I’m curious about what exactly they’ve changed in the internals, hopefully it’s a quieter fan lol

MrDaravon

I like it, if I had the money to upgrade to a Pro right now I'd get that. Also like that they clearly specify it's a physical copy of the game in the Pro bundle since they knew people would probably complain otherwise.

Curious if they'll make that controller available for sell separately, I have a feeling not sadly.

I like it, if I had the money to upgrade to a Pro right now I'd get that. Also like that they clearly specify it's a physical copy of the game in the Pro bundle since they knew people would probably complain otherwise.

Curious if they'll make that controller available for sell separately, I have a feeling not sadly.

No, they probably won't sell that controller. But a couple decals would be the same.

Hoodbury

This is the price of all the Pro bundles so far right? Hate to be that guy, but do we think there will be a Pro price cut ever? Would black friday have any Pro deals?

Occam

So they aren't shipping them in loot crate shaped boxes? I am disappointed.

Then again, if they did, there would have to be a chance to only get a controller or a cord instead of the console.

Opt1kon_

36971451864_e26c8dff29_b.jpg:small

Suit Yourselves I actually cant wait to get my hands on this LE PS4 Pro, I'd be so pissed tho if theres a Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Pro tho....Might actually wait now......Lemme Contradict myself some more lol

This is the price of all the Pro bundles so far right? Hate to be that guy, but do we think there will be a Pro price cut ever? Would black friday have any Pro deals?

The way the pricing is, It seems like black friday prices will be PS4 pro bundles($399.99), PS4 pro(system only)($349.99), PS4 slim bundles($249.99) and PS4 slim(system only)($199.99-$219.99) with the price of the PS4 pro (system only) and PS4 slim/bundles sticking to their respective prices after the holidays.

How hard is it, to just hire a fan in the community who's artwork you like to do the design? There's some amazing people who do aftermarket designs/work too. This shit just always baffles me. Like telling the intern who dabbled in Photoshop back in high school to get together a couple mock designs that scream Star Wars. The boss looks over their shoulder as they grab some images off Google images to start compiling resources and the boss goes "ok, throw those on there and let's see how it looks... Hmmm, good enough."

WillyFive

They really need to change the color of the PS4 Pro boxes so that it is a different blue than normal PS4. Only clear indication one is a Pro is only a tiny logo next to the PS4 logo at the top.

NG28

I've been holding out purchasing a PS4 for half a year waiting for the black friday bundle. I was really hoping there would be a better game out this time of year for the bundle.

Top Bottom