• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ridge Racer Vita trailer

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
There was a presentation for the game in Japan. Apparently the game will be 30 fps and will only include 3 courses: Harborline 765, Highland Cliffs and Southbay Docks. And yes, these are old tracks.

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20111123_493144.html

AHUAHUAHUA
KuGsj.gif

Track Pack $7

Music Pack $3

Car Pack $5

60 fps $10

DLC out the wazoo just to get a half feature-complete game, exactly like the iPhone version. But in that case the base game was only $6 :-|

Oof, not loving what I'm hearing/seeing about this game.

With any luck the PC version of Unbounded won't be locked to 30FPS so I can get some 60FPS destructive/track building/racing goodness. (If it's good, of course)

I played RR at the SCEE PSVita event yesterday and today. The demo there only has two tracks (Harbourline and Cliffside), maybe thats where the confusion has come from.

OSHAN

I don't remember any DLC besides music for RR7, but I wouldn't put it past them to nickle and dime us to death.

Though I really can't see this releasing with only three tracks. It would have to be a 10 dollar PSN download.

Grimmy

Banned
LOLOLOL.

I've been down on this game since the first screenshots, but even I couldn't believe how sad it would end up...

At this point I don't think it could survive as a retail product in the West.

I think a $20 game is entirely possible. Sony is going to push for as many retail games as possible at launch, no matter what their content is. What worries me is that the market probably can sustain more than $20 for a DLC-heavy approach, but Namco's history suggests they aren't afraid of $30+ as a starting point.

Either way, we'll see it in the west. Even if it's PSN only. But a retail release still seems like a lock.

GrayFoxPL

I like the 3 track thing. You take your time to master 3 tracks perfectly rather then casually race through 37 mass produced tracks.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I like the 3 track thing. You take your time to master 3 tracks perfectly rather then casually race through 37 mass produced tracks.
It could be 3 tracks in the one track multiple routes fashion like in past games. I'm sure there's a reason for this other that the usual "lol scamco" angle.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
DCharlie you buying it day 1 and sharing the vids with us, right? :D

i sure will, early pick up too.

at the moment, the purchase list is something like :

Definte/preorderd
---------------------
Uncharted : GA
Mingol 6
Ridge Racer
Virtua Tennis 4
Little Deviants
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Mahjong Fight Club

Good chance
---------------
UMvC
Disgaea 3
Dynasty Warriors
Katamari Damacy

Little chance
--------------
Army Corps of Hell
Lord of Apocalypse
Asphalt
Blazblue
Shinobido 2

No Chance
-------------
Dream C Club Zero
Jackson

Pure was 30fps originally and then 60fps after the FW update unlocked 333mhz. RR was 60fp fromm the start.

The vita entries of both franchises are 30 fps this time :(

Wait, Wipeout Pure is 60fps now? I'll have to dig it out and give it a go.

Also, is the first PSP Ridge Racer worthwhile?

DCharlie

if you have Ridge Racers 2 then NO

i bought Ridge Racers 2 and thought there'd been a pressing error when i started playing the game and it was pretty much identical (has extra tracks etc)

I got Co'ed.

if you have Ridge Racers 2 then NO

i bought Ridge Racers 2 and thought there'd been a pressing error when i started playing the game and it was pretty much identical (has extra tracks etc)

I got Co'ed.

Yeah, RR2 is kinda like an expansion to the launch game.

DCharlie

yup RR2 is the way to go if you're going to get it for PSP - though it's not available digitally :/

Actually, yesterday just happened to check and was stunned to discover that i'd dropped 30 hours into the 3DS Ridge.

DCharlie

again, the game itself at TGS looked like a PS3 game albeit with frame rate issues.

I think when people see it for themselves rather than on Namco's -awful- trailers to date they'll be surprised at how it looks.

Then again, the sharp detailed textures are going to be blurred by all the salty tears from the shocking lack of content. FSALTYTEARSAAx16

I'm stunned and horrified at Ridge Racer Vita's framerate. I wish Namco would develop it until it was a solid 60fps. Someone already said this in the thread.

Kyoufu

again, the game itself at TGS looked like a PS3 game albeit with frame rate issues.

I think when people see it for themselves rather than on Namco's -awful- trailers to date they'll be surprised at how it looks.

Then again, the sharp detailed textures are going to be blurred by all the salty tears from the shocking lack of content. FSALTYTEARSAAx16

Sorry man, but I can't justify the purchase. It's embarrassing!

Top Bottom