• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Street Fighter IV famitsu scans (new character revealed)

Yoboman

Reminds me of:

1186877476621854fis9.jpg

With her normal hair and glasses

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Mockingbird said:
Everything except her name was a joke post. Her name really is Crimson Viper.
Oh, and not a joke. She's a Pro Wrestler (or uses pro wrestling moves).

Ah, cool.

Well, this is definitely taking it back to Street Fighter II. :D

*sits back and watches the thread*

Teknoman

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Whoa whoa wait up wait up.

Chief Concubine?
And are we talking about Vega Vega or M. Bison Vega?

Im sure its the M. Bison "Vega" since it's the JP mag...guessing Mockingbird did a direct translation. That being said...Cammy x Juli x Juni x C.Viper catfight:D

EDIT: Nevermind, just found out it was a joke post :lol

Oh and my 2 cents on character design: Im sideing with the people saying that she's there to draw SNK/ KOF series fighting fans. Then again, remember Remy from Street Fighter III? Not really a SF'ish design imo. So maybe it's just a small departure?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
zaccheus said:
im interested in what makes you guys say the style of the new character is KOF-ish.. not that i disagree, im just wondering what part of her design gives the vibe
Glove + tie = Vanessa
The rest = Mature/Vice

Teknoman said:
Im sure its the M. Bison "Vega" since it's the JP mag...guessing Mockingbird did a direct translation. That being said...Cammy x Juli x Juni x C.Viper catfight:D

Whoa whoa whoa. Before things get out of hand, I only translated her name. The rest was a joke.

Summary:
Name: Crimson Viper
The rest: joke because the letters describing her are too small/blurred to read, plus it'd take time for me to go through the kanji. Wait for Duckroll or something.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Now let's speculate on her fighting style!!

So I see gloves and strong legs...Makes me think of Gai-Tendou from KOFXI (transferred from Buriki-One). That character was actually inspired by the main character from the anime Grappler Baki.

So I'd say some sort of Thai-Boxing with the obligated legs-around-the-opponent's-neck grapple.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Was going to say that she reminded me of Rose, till I went back and took a look at Rose.. and.. nahhhh.

Teknoman

Router said:
Well, Its a change from the men that look like women.

poison-final-fight.jpg

I still refuse to believe the information I read THAT used to be a man. I mean c'mon, it's like they designed her then made up the backstory later on.

Teknoman said:
I still refuse to believe the information I read THAT used to be a man. I mean c'mon, it's like they designed her then made up the backstory later on.

Roxy is still a female. Poison dresses like Roxy. Enjoy~

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
And here I had hope that Capcom would bust out with good characters *sigh* oh well at least it's a she right? Lets pray that Capcom does not include Poison in the game.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
New style + wrestler (Was wrestler a joke too?)? If so...I predict Lucha.

I'm going to bust a gut if by the time the character roster is filled out, people who didn't like III characters...started wishing they included III characters. :D

Teknoman

ThirstyFly said:
Roxy is still a female. Poison dresses like Roxy. Enjoy~

Wait nevermind, apparently her backstory was made up after she was already in game. Apparently she was changed to be a post op because Nintendo was opposed to violence against women. Capcom changed the voice to a manlier one, but left the sprite the same....at least thats what I read.
On wikipedia, not sure how reliable that was.

Teknoman said:
Wait nevermind, apparently her backstory was made up after she was already in game. Apparently she was changed to be a post op because Nintendo was opposed to violence against women. Capcom changed the voice to a manlier one, but left the sprite the same....at least thats what I read.

The story changes every time it's told. Don't even bother trying to figure out what the truth is. Just pretend the pic is Roxy and it'll save us all a headache.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Teknoman said:

Man just let you imagination run wild with Poisons back story and don't think about it. I refuse to recognize "it" as a character.

Teknoman

ThirstyFly said:
The story changes every time it's told. Don't even bother trying to figure out what the truth is. Just pretend the pic is Roxy and it'll save us all a headache.

Gotcha.

LowParry

Make me kinda wonder where Namco will go with their new character reveal later. Probably another big boobed characters (which I have no complaints about) but that...eh. She from Rival Schools?

Top Bottom