• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Street Fighter IV famitsu scans (new character revealed)

dfyb

Banned
SFIVcharacter.jpg

quick and dirty chop

Ferrio

Banned
Teknoman said:
Wait nevermind, apparently her backstory was made up after she was already in game. Apparently she was changed to be a post op because Nintendo was opposed to violence against women. Capcom changed the voice to a manlier one, but left the sprite the same....at least thats what I read.
On wikipedia, not sure how reliable that was.

Just because they went back and changed it (in the very beginning no less) doesn't make it any less true. Any poisons you seen in a game since FF are tranny surprise (This means SF3 and that final fight fighter).

KingJ2002

thanks for the scans... the new character looks... wierd... and sort of out of place is the cast is going to consist of mostly classic characters.

IMO... she belongs in the SF3 era.

Im not really a fan of the chracter design, but it is only one character. I do hate some of the character designs from the Alpha games, the SF3 games, and even the SF2 games.

hopefully others will be better.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ferrio said:
Just because they went back and changed it (in the very beginning no less) doesn't make it any less true. Any poisons you seen in a game since FF are tranny surprise (This means SF3 and that final fight fighter).

You know, one would think s/he would be post-op by the time SF3 came around. :lol

dfyb

Banned
EphemeralDream said:
I'd imagine that in motion the design will make more sense/have greater appeal.

Well at least I hope so.
her hair probably moves around... but otherwise she's just in a suit.

Xiaoki

Holy crap, over react much?

You make it sound like the SF series hasn't had a hideous design or 2 in every single version.

Need pictures of Rainbow Mika, Charlie, Urien or T Hawk be posted?

Teknoman

Xiaoki said:

You make it sound like the SF series hasn't had a hideous design or 2 in every single version.

I was waiting for someone to post this. Seriously, it's not like SF games havent had their share of "bad" character designs since Super Street Fighter II. The entire cast cant be full of great designs.

That being said, I dont care if the SF series has enough shoto-fighters, I want Ryu, Ken, and Sean to be in this game. It takes place before SF III, so im sure they can find a way to fit him in. Especially since he trains under Ken. Oh and im predicting right now that in the eventual SF V, Ken's son will be a teenager, and participate in the competition.

dfyb

Banned
Xiaoki said:

typically you'd want to lead with your best foot forward. it's not like we've already been shown a few awesome designs and with this one we can just say "can't win em all". this game's been showing us questionable choices every step of the way and this is just making it worse.

SFIV should have been an epic announcement and absolutely NOTHING i've seen has actually impressed me.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
coldvein said:
reminds me of one of the girls from the secret plot naughty manga.

not that any of you have read it.
I remember Secret Plot :lol

This character could be VERY cool, I can see it fitting very well with the new style, but the hairdo is super hideous. And you don't street fight with glasses ffs :lol :lol

Ferrio

Banned
DKnight said:
I remember Secret Plot :lol

This character could be VERY cool, I can see it fitting very well with the new style, but the hairdo is super hideous. And you don't street fight with glasses ffs :lol :lol

The hair reminds me of the classic anime bully/gang member hair.

kuwabara.jpg

Teknoman

Well art designs aside, I wont really be worried about the gameplay not being great. I mean if SNK can make a great 3d fighting game with 2d fighting mechanics (KOF 2006 aka KOF Max impact 2, plays pretty damn good for a 2d title that hopped into the 3d realm with side stepping) in this day and age, then Capcom can too.

JRPereira

dfyb said:
http://upload.dfyb.net/uploaded/SFIVcharacter.jpg

quick and dirty chop

Didn't even notice it. Was it always like that? or did someone shop it in later?

Btw, cleavage ties are all the rage now.

Terrell

Well, I remember that some of Street Fighter's "iconic" characters looked over-the-top and crazy once... so this Crimson Viper is no big shock to the system, as far as I'm concerned.
Admit it, folks, you were expecting more Sakura-esque loli nonsense, weren't you?
OK, Capcom... have all the crazy you want... just give me my Ibuki, and there won't be any blood shed.

Acosta

Looks a weird version of Vanessa... (And I find Vanessa awesome, one of my favourite SNK characters recently, but this girl looks a bit wird).

boco77

Banned
Acosta said:
Looks a weird version of Vanessa... (And I find Vanessa awesome, one of my favourite SNK characters recently, but this girl looks a bit wird).

Real people are overrated anyway.

She looks good. She needs to lose the tie though:D

And some of you overreact toomuch about the new character. But I guess it's 'normal' here.

meppi

I don't get the hate for this game.

It looks just about perfect for a 3D Street Fighter. Keeping the colorful 2D feel)
Wish it still was 2D, but I guess in todays market that simply isn't going to get enough paople to buy it.
So I'm glad we're getting a 3D Street Fighter with 2D gameplay instead of no new Street Fighter at all.

The characters do look a bit creepy, but in a cool way. Don't ask to explain that. ;P

GrayFoxPL

Rather then SNK, she looks more like an EX design, imo.

At first I thought she was Sharon from SF EX2.

sharon.jpg

sharon.gif

I like the design.

Bring Kairi and Skullomania!

Prince8

Banned
What's up with all the people around here already dismissing this game just because they don't think it looks old skool enough and they don't like a few characters :lol You guys are really terrible. :lol

iddqd

hugo is shit.

im a fan of girls in glasses so she gets my points.
the hair is kinda off though.
im a bit exited to see more of the other characters now.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
PowerSmell said:
Is it true Ikeno is doing the character designs for this?
It's him. I love his art and designs, but I'm not really feeling it with this new character. Not saying I hate it or anything like that, but I'll hold my judgement until I see her movements.

And I want to see his artwork, not only renders. :<

Takuan

I agree with sentiments that she looks straight out of a KoF game, but I don't have a problem with that. Looks fine to me, although I'm disappointed she's a grappler - I've always sucked at grappler characters.

keanerie

Bwuh?

I thought they were going for a SF2 vibe. This is anything but. I'm eager to see any new male characters, maybe those designs will stick more to the classic aesthetic.

Top Bottom