• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Luigi U |OT| I do it !

Shahadan

zbKyVo9.png

(credits to Captain Smoker for the awesome banner)

E3 Trailer

New Super Luigi U is a DLC for New Super Mario U, coming in two versions :

gCWzGhA.png

Coming on June 20th at midnight. Requires NSMBU in order to play it.

aSeCF78.png

revMEYa.png

Coming later for a limited time at retail, this boxed version is stand alone and does not require NSMBU at all.

Wm6mT7U.png

BYIP0B6.png

The main feature of this DLC is Luigi as its main character. Luigi retains his unique jump ability from his SMB2 days. He jumps higher than Mario and controls differently.

jPnserw.png

This DLC completely redesigns the 82 main courses of NSMBU as entirely new levels!
These new levels have a 100 seconds timer and are designed as a challenge with Luigi's abilities in mind.
Star coins return, world map is unchanged.

4OtZWVc.png

In multiplayer, a player can choose to play as Nabbit. This character does not suffer damage from enemies but can't use power ups. It is designed to allow beginners to play with the big guys.

PzngrEF.png

In just a few hours now!

ameleco

When my friend told me this was coming out soon, I couldn't believe it. I really should've beaten the first game by now... Not prepared at all for this

sakipon

I skipped Mario since I got my fill from NSMB2 on the 3DS. Now I'm waiting for the green box. I think Luigi physics are enough for me to get some more of this classic style platforming.

Lasdrub

Yes! I have a big exam coming up on Saturday and this will be my reward.

I should probably be studying right now...

I hope the levels are insanely hard. The inclusion of an invincible character like Nabbit and the released footage so far seem to bode well for that wish.

Mumford

Picked up my Wii U a couple of weeks ago (which I love by the way) but I didn't pick up NSMBU. I'll be picking up Luigi U instead though when it comes to retail, excited to see how it turns out. :)

Punisher

Neo Member
Am gonna buy this but waiting for a bit until I finish some other games I've been playing...

I had to update my NSMBU twice though to get it ready for the DLC...It was also kind of hidden in the E-shop, took me a while to find it. Took me like 15 minutes to get ready to even download it, I hope people are not put off by it.

I'm looking forward to the patch bringing Pro Controller support the most, really should have been in the game from the beginning.

Alpha_eX

Not sure if I download this now and buy the boxed version later (I want the box, it's glorious) or just wait for the boxed one.

Also, please changed the error 19€99, should be €19.99..

Good thread, get some screens up there.

I'm hyped though would have MUCH rather they put an extra month or two in to jiggle map screen around, feels half arsed.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Just got a Wii U with NSMBU last night. I'm liking it so far. If I continue through and beat it I'll check this out. Some of the vids look intense!

Kazerei

Banned
Hnngh, I really want the retail version because of the box, but then I'd have to wait TWO WHOLE MONTHS. Dammit, NOA.

olimpia84

Will wait for the retail version. I wish they didn't do the whole 100 seconds deal with this game...would have preferred just classic platforming.

Is there any merit in skipping New Super Mario Bros U, and just picking this up?

I believe Luigi U will actually feel a bit fresher than Mario Bros. U, simply with the addition of Nabbit and the new levels. In hindsight, this would have made a better launch game.

m0t0k1

Can you download this game in store without the game ready? I borrowed New Super Mario Bros U to my brother and would love to download it day 1.

Ridley327

Can you download this game in store without the game ready? I borrowed New Super Mario Bros U to my brother and would love to download it day 1.

Yeah; I nabbed the free RE:R DLC just because it was there, and I had no problems downloading it.

Sadist

I really hope they're lowering the price here in EU, because shit, the stores here are asking € 40 - 45 for it.

Tom_Cody

When my friend told me this was coming out soon, I couldn't believe it. I really should've beaten the first game by now... Not prepared at all for this
I'm in the same boat. I returned to NSMBU over the weekend and I'm having a blast with it. Unfortunately I will probably get burned out on platforming again and end up playing NSLU in 6 months. :/

Top Bottom