• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "The Last of Us" Trailer

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I hope it's a smaller version of DayZ. Survival co-op where you gotta eat, lots of melee, protecting turf from crazy bandits, minimal shooting, co-op teamwork to fortify areas, day/night cycle, moving to different zones after a few "days" in one area, etc. etc.

Heh, that would be awesome, but it's probably way more ambitious than what we'll see. I expect a horde/arena type co-op mode, and maybe some competitive deathmatch and objective modes as well. Basically the same as Uncharted, but more tailored to Last of Us's focus on brutality and conservation.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So you couldn't find your way around in an on rails cinematic experience, to the point you were in tears? I think it's time you put the pointy hat with the big D on and stand in the corner.
I wasn't lost. I just couldn't figure which minuscule place in the emviroent was the correct minuscule place t p point my dude at and press jump. Yes there were lots of tears.

This had gone far off course and I hope the last of us IS the next "re4"

Heh, that would be awesome, but it's probably way too ambitious. I expect a horde/arena type co-op mode, and maybe some competitive deathmatch and objective modes as well. Basically the same as Uncharted, but more tailored to Last of Us's focus on survival and conservation.

Ugh, I really hope it's not competitive stuff. They have an opportunity to do so much more here than standard PvP multiplayer. Imagine if there was a stamina system where you could reuse the fortification materials like planks of wood, and weapons but you'd have to bring them with you when you move to a new zone at the risk of using more stamina. Or upgrading backpacks to carry more food, and health kits. Batteries and flashlights during the night sections. Houses and buildings to raid for supplies and gear which are always random. Carrying teammates if they get injured and there are no kits to patch them up.

Please ND, don't just do "normal" multiplayer.

Loudninja

Ugh, I really hope it's not competitive stuff. They have an opportunity to do so much more here than standard PvP multiplayer. Imagine if there was a stamina system where you could reuse the fortification materials like planks of wood, and weapons but you'd have to bring them with you when you move to a new zone at the risk of using more stamina. Or upgrading backpacks to carry more food, and health kits. Batteries and flashlights during the night sections. Houses and buildings to raid for supplies and gear which are always random. Carrying teammates if they get injured and there are no kits to patch them up.

Please ND, don't just do "normal" multiplayer.

It does not sound like they are going with the typical stuff.
With all of these human factions scavenging through the cities, it's not that hard to imagine what online multiplayer could look like in The Last of Us. Though Naughty Dog isn't prepared to discuss specifics, game director Bruce Straley at least admits it exists. "We're going to have some sort of online component," he says. "we're working on a bunch of ideas, but we haven't nailed anything down. We definitely know it's going to be awesome."

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
One last statement of justification for negative UC2 opinion. Read those complaints but don't tie them to any particular game. They could be about literally almost any game available today. My complaints really describe a situation in which a game just does not click with a person, for whatever reason. For me, this gen, it was UC2. The games magic just didn't work. Its a shame, but its just what happened. I'll never be able to go back and see it through a different lens.

woober

The Last of Us on PC :p

ittzDzT6RGhrF.bmp

woober

Yup, Max Payne 3 turned out to be a really good port. My settings aren't fully maxed out. Thus, you see some minor jaggies. But the Last of Us vibe this area in Max Payne gives is surreal. It only needs zombies.

Here's an extra screenie. Click to enlarge or right click and open in new tab.

Top Bottom