• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Last Remnant Screens

Darkman M

Durante said:
Welcome to non-bullshots of UE3 console games.

This.

Gears is still one of the best looking console games and it came out in 2006.

And LO looked way better then what we are seeing in those screens.

Haunted

MrDenny said:
Don't worry too much about the Jags. I'm pretty sure its due to compression, since some of the letters are jaggy too. Graphics look great, don't know why people are complaining when they are looking at bad snapshots of the game. Just watch this trailer to get a sense of the gameplay and refresh your memories.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35019.html
Looks better than White Knight Story.

Darkman M

That video reminds me that we still haven't seen any decent grass textures in any jrpg's. Games like Oblivion are open ended games and manage to have some decent looking grass,. Japanese developers are slippin.

jimbo

Banned
This game better play good and have a great story because the graphics leave much to be desire, although it does look a lot better in motion, from the trailers I have seen.

Also why are people crapping on LO. Game's very beautiful and has some pretty colorful environments.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Haunted said:
Looks better than White Knight Story.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Yeah right.

And kassatsu's probably right. They're probably going to can the PC and PS3 version if this one doesn't do well.

Haunted

Hey, Last Remnant is a PS3 game, too! Glad to have invigorated the thread, though. :p

But seriously. Have you guys seen some of those close-up, direct-feed screens from LO? They're not pretty. I'm with Durante on this one. Y'all just comparing LO from how it looked on your TVs with these LR screens. I expect the game to look totally comparable to LO when people get to play it on their home setups.

Haunted said:
Hey, Last Remnant is a PS3 game, too! Glad to have invigorated the thread, though. :p

But seriously. Have you guys seen some of those close-up, direct-feed screens from LO? They're not pretty. I'm with Durante on this one. Y'all just comparing LO from how it looked on your TVs with these LR screens. I expect the game to look totally comparable to LO when people get to play it on their home setups.

LO was a mixed bag graphically as well though...I agree that this probably looks in the same ball park... UE3 for rpgs really is a big mistake though

Also, whether or not it is a ps3 game is irrelevant right now...it will probably look even worse on the system

Haunted

nelsonroyale said:
LO was a mixed bag graphically as well though...I agree that this probably looks in the same ball park... UE3 for rpgs really is a big mistake though

Also, whether or not it is a ps3 game is irrelevant right now...it will probably look even worse on the system
Pretty much.

But man, you're worried about the PS3 version... what am I supposed to say, waiting for the PC version? It's Square-Enix, the last S-E PC game I've played was FFVIII or something. :eek:

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
M3d10n said:
Run nice != run smooth. There's no way the 360 or the PS3 could run that at more than 15-20 fps. At 600p upscaled. Not to mention RAM issues.
I really do believe CryTek could pull off CryEngine 2 on the consoles and it would probably look excellent. What you would loose is a lot of the more subtle details. Textures would take a hit across the board, tiny objects would become less detailed, etc. but the overall image would probably be pretty close to what we see on the PC. They'd focus on bringing over the more flashy effects so that the scene as a whole seems similar while simply dropping out those smaller details. The incredible level of detail and precision of everything they do in Crysis is what makes it so impressive to behold.

Paracelsus

Kagari said:
And kassatsu's probably right. They're probably going to can the PC and PS3 version if this one doesn't do well.

So basically PS3 and PC version screwed confirmed?

Actually, I see this game going the same path as Alone in the Dark, with devs desperately trying to fix what went wrong in the 360 version with the PS3 one to not get average-below average reviews, only that this time you can also choose to pick the "superior" PC version at the same time.

Well, it doesn't matter, this should be played on PC, UE3.0 is a bitch.

kay

Looks like the PS3 version gets new features such as 2 player support and PSP remote play capability.
Amazon page.
Could be a mistake though.. two mistakes.

Top Bottom