• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New THQ Nordic Open-World ARPG "Biomutant" Accidentally Revealed Early [PS4/X1/PC]

Velcro Fly

I just got pictures and video on my phone last night of the protag of this game eating garbage outside my back door.

Tyaren

That looks awesome and it reminds me very much of the N64's scrapped/turned into Starfox Dinosaur Planet:

dinoplanet0342.JPG

08-159248_320w.jpg

is that a Raccoon wearing Gut's black swordsman armor from berserk?

Open world action RPG? Instant buy.

*edit: glad I'm not the only one seeing it xD

Jawmuncher

Curious how well this game will do with a protagonist like that. Especially since it's not aimed at kids from the look of things. Can't think of the last kind of mature animal starring game.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Sounds like it's a very literal take on what Rocket Raccoon is - a kind of tortured science experiment that escaped and is surviving on his own.

The imagery makes it seem as if it's Horizon but instead of the robot apocalypse, it's the biotechnology and genetic engineering apocalypse.

Deft Beck

Curious how well this game will do with a protagonist like that. Especially since it's not aimed at kids from the look of things. Can't think of the last kind of mature animal starring game.

Well, we have Beyond Good and Evil 2 and the Blacksad adventure game coming soon.

There's plenty of room for adult-oriented anthro video games.

When they mentioned working on a "post-apocalyptic kung fu fable" I didn't think they meant it literally - the term "fable" specifically means "a story about talking animals".

Anything that's really over the top and doesn't make much sense is usually more fun than games with the best visuals and good writing. I'm in lol

Deft Beck

When they mentioned working on a "post-apocalyptic kung fu fable" I didn't think they meant it literally - the term "fable" specifically means "a story about talking animals".

Just like those talking animal Xbox exclusive games, right?

And no, I'm not talking about Sneakers

vypek

Ah, this is the game that was talked about in another thread, right? Can't thing of another melee/martial arts focused open-world game.

I'm interested.

Top Bottom