• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Type Pokemon confirmed by leak informations

But isn't that per level? The EVs for a skill reset every level right? I always hated that system, it is the grindiest thing ever but very vital if you want to play competitively. I really hope they introduce some alternative to it.
You receive the stat gains by leveling up, but your actual EV value is never reset.

You could get 255 EVs in a single level and it'll show a huge gain on a level up screen, but normally it adds up over several levels because you usually get level ups while EV training.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Fire Starters final evo isn't Fire/Fighting.
Confirmed fake.

Is somehow officially confirmed that the fire starter's final evo is Fire/Fighting or what do you want to say here??

Celegus

Super effective vs dragon, fighting, and dark? Weak to poison and steel? Love it! I hope, if nothing else, that part ends up being true.

And yeah, mind blown at starter not being fire/fighting.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
It's a joke since it seems like gamefreak really loves fire/fighting starters for 3 gens.

Which I think would be a rather good reason to choose a different set up, because otherwise we end up with a whole lot of almost identical Pokémon.

Jezan

Duel type attacks are pretty mind blowing.
I didn't care about any other attack, but Blaze Kick I always thought was fighting type, but then the animation reminded me it was fire type, sometimes I needed that fighting type super effectiveness, not fire :p (Blaze Kick against steel types!)

Boney

Banned
Dragon has another weakness and its attacks are useless against Fairy? fuck that it's already too easy to kill and now this
thank god this game it's awful to me or otherwise i would've gotten really mad

edit: oh it seems is fake?
Hahahahha

RedShift

Is somehow officially confirmed that the fire starter's final evo is Fire/Fighting or what do you want to say here??

The last 3 generation have had a Fire/Fighting final evolution for the Fire starter, it's a source of annoyance for a lot of people, especially when a bloody pig turned out to be a fighting type.

I like those secondary types. People always used to talk about how cool replacing the Fire/Water/Grass trio with Psychic/Fighting/Dark would be, I think doing both works well.

Also, if the place is really called Kalos, Calais = Kalos? Kind of matches it looking like France.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I love that:
- Chespin is Grass/Fighting
- More customizable options (It'd be cool if they launched character DLC packs, so you can dress up like certain gym leaders or something)
- EVs being easier to understand for the casual gamer.

This game, man. This game.

Galang

Banned
EV Minigames sound cool, but two hours for one stat ? Seems pointless. You could fully max out more than one Pokemon in that time with the right set up

Espada

EV Minigames sound cool, but two hours for one stat ? Seems pointless. You could fully max out more than one Pokemon in that time with the right set up

Yup. Pokerus + Power Bracer/Lens/Weight/etc... lets you max out your EVs WAY faster than 2 hours. That's just ridiculous.

gAg CruSh3r

How many Pokemon are there??? Last time I remember there was 151 in first Gen and 251 (giving a guess) in the second gen.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sylveon isn't "effective" against Ice because it used a Fighting type, not the type it is :p

DaBoss

I didn't care about any other attack, but Blaze Kick I always thought was fighting type, but then the animation reminded me it was fire type, sometimes I needed that fighting type super effectiveness, not fire :p (Blaze Kick against steel types!)

Yea, and moves like Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Poison Jab, and etc. are gonna have dual-types I think.

harmonize

I wonder what other information he's going to reveal, he said what he released was only a sampling of what the source had told him.

For those who haven't seen the segment from Pokémon Smash, it had the team (cosplaying as Eeveelutions) trying to figure out Sylveon's type. First, Shoko (playing Sylveon) pulled out some Nunchucks....but then got shoved inside a drum by a big burly guy, implying Sylveon is not a Fighting type, and in fact is probably weak to them. Next, she broke a block of ice, which was taken as Sylveon being super effective against Ice tyes. Akiyama and the others suggested that she may be a Steel type as a result of these two results, and decided to test the idea. The method they came up with? Seeing if she resisted Poison by having her put her head in a box and expose her to some really bad smelling items. That...didn't work out so well for Shoko. Not clear if that was meant to imply Poison was super effective, or that it was just effective, but at least it was clear that Sylveon lacked the Poisin immunity of Steel.
(Yes, crazy stuff like this is typical of Smash)

TL;DR
Smash implied Sylveon is strong against Ice types, and weak against Poison and Fighting types

It should be noted though....there is the possibility this was horsing around. The Nunchuck thing is something that Shoko is known for. She's done it at a number of concerts, and she even did it early last week in a cameo on Akibaranger. So...how much of the "tests" were real hints, and how much was misdirection? Not 100% certain there.

Dual type attacks sounds interesting, I wonder how that'll play out. I'm assuming that means that thunder/ice/fire punch/kick are going to be among the moves that have multiple types then?

Einbroch

Banned
You sure?
typechart.png

I know that lol just saying I'm betting there will be a dual type move for the starters if there are these moves.

I haven't played Pokemon in a long time, but Steel looks OP as shit.

Kouriozan

You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
That's very good!
I normally don't max my Pokémon and just play how I like but that would be very cool.

Revven

While the type itself might look OP, the amount of Pokes that have access to moves that are SE against it is absurd + the actual Pokemon that hold the typing aren't so great in general.

Espada

Steel is a defensive typing. Being ridiculously defensive/resistant is the entire point of the type.

Its offenses suck horribly and it's weaknesses (Ground, Fighting, Fire) are some of the most common and powerful moves out there. On top of that, Steel type pokemon are generally mediocre. There's nothing overpowered about them really.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

OP is a defensive type. That is, it has many resistances, but its few weaknesses are very common (Fighting and Ground, lolFire) and it isn't really good offensively.

While the idea of a Fairy Type is very enticing, I sincerely hope they don't got the route of dual-type moves... I feel like it would just be annoying and overcomplicated for the formula.

Like what happens if you use a Fire/Fighting move against a Ghost Type? Is the Ghost just immune? Does STAB stack if your Pokemon is Fire/Fighting? Because bleh, all of those things just sound awful to me.

Usobuko

Banned

Things are only OP when you take into account of the moveset, stats and possible counters to your team. Personally, I have played from Yellow to Sapphire and I am burnt out because I took 3rd generation seriously and have my fair share of competitive battles on battle.net. This stigma spreads to the actual game itself and it got to the point where I know by memory which route offers what pokemon and how many EVs they give respectively.

This rumour, if true, is quite enticing to get back to Pokemon because this time round I'll just disregard all the nitty gritty details associate with the metagame.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I get mad every time I see "forme"

Brofield

There seems to be too many types mentioned for strengths/weaknesses for Fairy, so I'm not too trustworthy on that.

Chespin would be cool, but by sheer bad luck of being part fighting I will pass on him. Though Froakie just got a boost in appeal with that added dark type. Fennekin is still cool in my books so he can be nicknamed Mozilla or Naruto, like I'm sure 85% of people will do when they pick him.

Top Bottom