• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Type Pokemon confirmed by leak informations

Camjo-Z

So Mawile might actually be usable now? Hopefully they give the new type to other useless Pokemon like Dunsparce and Luvdisc too. And I can see some crazy things happening with dual-type attacks.

In-game EV stuff also sounds neat. I don't bother with competitive battling anymore since I can never keep track of IVs and EVs and whatnot, but that might get me back into it.

Cromat

EV thing makes it sound very fake. That and the Fairy type advantage and immunity against Dragon looks like an attempt to specifically hype competitive players.

EVs = effort values, previously hidden values that boost a Pokémon's stats (not to be confused with Exp. and Eevee). It means in two hours, you can max out, say, your Pokémon's Attack stat.

It only takes about half an hour at the moment, so the minigames aren't particularly useful - being able to check the current value, on the other hand, will be.

While to people who've been EV training for years this may be useless, it seems to be the first serious attempt to specifically teach the importance of EV training by the Developers themselves. Tournaments are getting pretty popular now, and this could cause a lot more people to get 'serious'.

Anteo

No, EVs never reset. It used to be that the new EVs you earned weren't actually applied to your stats until you either leveled or deposited them into a PC (nowadays they're recalculated after every battle), but levels have never had any effect on adding or removing EVs.

Really? Does that works even if the pokemon is at level 100?

While the idea of a Fairy Type is very enticing, I sincerely hope they don't got the route of dual-type moves... I feel like it would just be annoying and overcomplicated for the formula.

Like what happens if you use a Fire/Fighting move against a Ghost Type? Is the Ghost just immune? Does STAB stack if your Pokemon is Fire/Fighting? Because bleh, all of those things just sound awful to me.

They'll probably treat immunity the same way as if you hit a Pokemon with a move that's strong against one of its types but does no damage against its other type where the Immunity overrides the weakness, where the Ghost would be immune to the move in that example.

I am also going to predict that they'll treat it as if you hit with a single typed move, rather than stack the damage of the move's two types, because having much greater type coverage in a single move is already a huge boon. I don't know how STAB will be handled in the case of whether you have STAB of one of the move's type but not the other (would probably be best if it required you to have both of the move's types to even have STAB at all).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if Ubers will be countered with fairy types and Genesect (especially the movie-promo ExtremeSpeed/Shift Gear/Blaze Kick combo) and Reshiram would become popular again

Really? Does that works even if the pokemon is at level 100?

Yup. That's why you can EV train Arceus to be an ExtremeSpeed-killer.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
5rUKSsk.gif

EV thing makes it sound very fake. That and the Fairy type advantage and immunity against Dragon looks like an attempt to specifically hype competitive players.
Did you even read the thread? This must have been the luckiest guess in the history of human existence for it to be fake.

FSLink

Banned

This wouldn't be the first time they catered towards competitive players. Do you think most people who weren't into that stuff cared about the physical/special split in Gen 4? lol

I'm all for giving Pokes like Clefairy a new type that removes their Normal weaknesses in exchange for weakness to Poison; maybe I'm speaking out my ass (I'd rather wait for someone involved in the competitive scene to elucidate), but making Poison more valuable would help a good deal. Weakening Dragon just seems unwarranted, however. And now that this rumor's less likely to happen, who knows!

Dual-type moves would make this game really complex, for better or worse.

Boogiepop

Assuming this is real (which seems pretty damn likely now), I'm going to go ahead and guess that any dual type moves introduced will be relegated to "this sounded cool prerelease but ended up being only a few super niche things" status, ala the pledges.

Oh, and the fairy type setup actually sounds pretty good. Kind of sad to see dark types get another weakness, but at least it knocks down fighting as well (which should in turn help dark).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hopefully WPM leaks more info from the source, he said he would if anything was confirmed.

Alright, here are my predictions:

Cleffa: Normal -> Fairy
Clefairy: Normal -> Fairy
Clefable: Normal -> Fairy

Igglybuff: Normal -> Normal
Jigglypuff: Normal -> Normal/Fairy
Wigglytuff: Normal -> Normal/Fairy

Happiny: Normal -> Normal
Chansey: Normal -> Normal/Fairy
Blissey: Normal -> Normal/Fairy

Togepi: Normal -> Normal
Togetic: Normal/Flying -> Fairy/Flying
Togekiss: Normal/Flying -> Fairy/Flying

Snubbull: Normal -> Fairy
Granbull: Normal -> Fairy

Skitty: Normal -> Normal/Fairy
Delcatty: Normal -> Normal/Fairy

Mawile: Steel -> Steel/Fairy

Plusle: Electric -> Electric/Fairy
Minun: Electric -> Electric/Fairy

Snorunt: Ice -> Ice/Fairy
Glalie: Ice -> Ice/Fairy

Pachirisu: Electric -> Electric/Fairy

Cherubi: Grass -> Grass/Fairy
Cherrim: Grass -> Grass/Fairy

Audino: Normal -> Normal/Fairy

Cottonee: Grass -> Grass/Fairy
Whimsicott: Grass -> Grass/Fairy

entremet

Alright, here are my predictions:

Cleffa: Normal -> Fairy
Clefairy: Normal -> Fairy
Clefable: Normal -> Fairy

Igglybuff: Normal -> Normal
Jigglypuff: Normal -> Normal/Fairy
Wigglytuff: Normal -> Normal/Fairy

Happiny: Normal -> Normal
Chansey: Normal -> Normal/Fairy
Blissey: Normal -> Normal/Fairy

Togepi: Normal -> Normal
Togetic: Normal/Flying -> Fairy/Flying
Togekiss: Normal/Flying -> Fairy/Flying

Snubbull: Normal -> Fairy
Granbull: Normal -> Fairy

Skitty: Normal -> Normal/Fairy
Delcatty: Normal -> Normal/Fairy

Mawile: Steel -> Steel/Fairy

Plusle: Electric -> Electric/Fairy
Minun: Electric -> Electric/Fairy

Snorunt: Ice -> Ice/Fairy
Glalie: Ice -> Ice/Fairy

Pachirisu: Electric -> Electric/Fairy

Cherubi: Grass -> Grass/Fairy
Cherrim: Grass -> Grass/Fairy

Audino: Normal -> Normal/Fairy

Cottonee: Grass -> Grass/Fairy
Whimsicott: Grass -> Grass/Fairy

You're just looking at the Fairy Egg Group lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, I think Gen 5 is the last gen of Pokemon for me. I don't need Spoilertogofastertwo and the other one and these other changes, personally.

I'm going to go further with:

Latias: Dragon/Psychic -> Dragon/Fairy
Latios: Dragon/Psychic -> Dragon/Fairy

That's good.

So OP, I love it.

I wonder if they'll retype the legendaries as well, since Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and the such could easily be seen as part Fairy.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
If these weaknesses and stuff are true Fairy type is just the one typing the game needed to help balance out things.

Ice is still shit though

[You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

THE FUCKING BEST

Berordn

Togekiss to rise from God tier to Transcendent tier?

I'm okay with that.

You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

This sounds like such a reach that it's not even funny.

None of these starter final types are new, however it's a really nice shakeup to have as starters. Plus, there are only a few Pokémon that fit those categories anyways:
- Water/Dark: Carvanha, Sharpedo, Crawdaunt.
- Grass/Fighting: Breloom, Virizion.
- Fire/Psychic: Zen Mode Darmanitan, Victini.

entremet

I don't get the point of wasting 2 hours to max EV, it's much easier to train.

I just don't like not being able to see my EVs. Kinda annoying.

None of these starter final types are new, however it's a really nice shakeup to have as starters. Plus, there are only a few Pokémon that fit those categories anyways:
- Water/Dark: Carvanha, Sharpedo, Crawdaunt.
- Grass/Fighting: Breloom, Virizion.
- Fire/Psychic: Zen Mode Darmanitan, Victini.

It's funny cause there were rumors of Psychic, Dark, Fighting starters for Gen V. It's cool how they still have their type advantages even with their secondary typing.

Oh ok- what about fighting? Half or SE?

So basically, according to the leak:
Fairies will be immune to Dragon attacks.

Fairies types will be weak to Poison and Steel attacks.

Fairy attacks will be strong against Fighting, Dragons and Dark.

Fairy attacks will be resisted by Fire and Psychic.

Top Bottom