• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Type Pokemon confirmed by leak informations

CengizMan

So the information is true and more information will be leaked on Pokébeach. I always wonder where these sources get their information from.

That's Balls! I am glad Poison gets a nice buff, but Gamefreak needs to learn that dropping an entire type out of OU is not balancing. Lol

entremet

That's Balls! I am glad Poison gets a nice buff, but Gamefreak needs to learn that dropping an entire type out of OU is not balancing. Lol

Dragons will still be viable. They have great all around stats. Plus all the Pseudo legendaries are mostly dragons--Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon.

Wichu

Because that ever stopped Fighting, Ground, and Electric types...

Dragons still have very high stats on average, and are only ineffective against two types. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's tired of Outrage everywhere.

There is already Ice and Steel on every team. Dragons will be rarely used in OU. And the extra Nerfing to Dark really sucks as well. Hydreigon is really screwed!
Having Fairies take half damage would have been ok, but Immunity is just wrong.

Espada

There is already Ice and Steel on every team. Dragons will be rarely used in OU. And the extra Nerfing to Dark really sucks as well. Hydreigon is really screwed!
Having Fairies take half damage would have been ok, but Immunity is just wrong.

Yeah, I don't really understand how this is "fixing" anything. Pissing on dark type is uncalled for since that typing needed BUFFs not nerfs. Giving Fighting types another weakness makes me scratch my head too since they're already weak to two extremely common types, 4 common types resist them and one is completely immune.

So if this new type was meant to fix the metagame of some imagined ailment it's not really accomplishing anything.

Yeah, I don't really understand how this is "fixing" anything. Pissing on dark type is uncalled for since that typing needed BUFFs not nerfs. Giving Fighting types another weakness makes me scratch my head too since they're already weak to two extremely common types, 4 common types resist them and one is completely immune.

So if this new type was meant to fix the metagame of some imagined ailment it's not really accomplishing anything.

Exactly.

backlot

I think what people need to understand is that gen 6 will have a completely different metagame. It isn't just going to be gen 5 but with fairies. Just wait until we see the bigger picture.

Espada

I think what people need to understand is that gen 6 will have a completely different metagame. It isn't just going to be gen 5 but with fairies. Just wait until we see the bigger picture.

Unless they announce some tremendous changes to the game, we can expect more of the hyper-offensive weather dominated metagame we're currently experiencing. Though I won't completely write off the possibility of moves that screw over weather dependent teams, abilities that block weather changes, or a wave of 540 BST+ fairy pokemon with good moves.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

I giggled at this post, based on that "but with fairies". Somehow I imagined Garchomp battling someone then suddenly poof fairies!

Well we are making some assumptions. Ghosts were immune to normal and fighting as well as strong against psychics in gen 1 however they lacked (and still kinda do) any really powerful attacks unlike dragon, psychic, fire, water, fighting, grass, electric, normal, ice and steel. Ghost types rely a lot on status changes such as will o wisp, confuse ray, curse, spite, destiny bond, astonish, lick and grudge. The only really powerful moves ghosts have are shadow ball and shadow force(which exclusive to Giratina). It could be the same with fairy that it doesn't have particularly strong attacks and has a lot of status changing moves.

Why would that happen? Are you a Dragon trainer sir? Are you scared that you won't be able to steamrolled with Outrage without any consequences? Unhappy that you will need to change your strategy?

Or is it just scared that Clefable is going to fuck your shit up! Son! UHHMPH!!

tumblr_mdaj2orA151qd87hlo1_500.gif

Get fucked, Get fucked, Get fucked, Get Fucked.

Unleashed the Fairies, set them free.

I haven't really followed the leaks after the ones in the thread-starting post, is one nice gaffer able to give a little summary? But i guess from the last posts here that the fairy-type rumor is pretty much confirmed? Thanks in advance!

Izayoi

Banned
I haven't really followed the leaks after the ones in the thread-starting post, is one nice gaffer able to give a little summary? But i guess from the last posts here that the fairy-type rumor is pretty much confirmed? Thanks in advance!
Nothing is confirmed, summary of the leaks is in the OP.

There hasn't really been anything new other than the mention of a second professor who gives you a Kanto starter.

Why would that happen? Are you a Dragon trainer sir? Are you scared that you won't be able to steamrolled with Outrage without any consequences? Unhappy that you will need to change your strategy?

I approve of this post.

tajd

Banned
Nothing is confirmed, summary of the leaks is in the thread starting post, there hasn't really been anything new other than the mention of a second professor who gives you a Kanto starter.

you get a kanto starter , where is this info ? is there more ?

Izayoi

Banned
you get a kanto starter , where is this info ? is there more ?
Rumor posted by the same guy who posted the stuff in the OP. Nothing else new, only a rumor that was posted on /vp/ and confirmed to be fake a short time later.

We need the Return of Wigglytuff. Vengeance of the Tuff.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So, pretty much a contractual game tester at NOA, who had signed an NDA, decided that it would be a good idea to tell his friend at DigiPen about some stuff in the new games. That guy at DigiPen, posts this information online using a persona that may as well be publicly tied to his real name and school. The guy at Pokebeach posts some of this info, which leads to people finding out that the guy at DigiPen has been leaking stuff for months in some small community. Dude at DigiPen gets a visit by some lawyers, signs an NDA, and spills the beans about his tester friend who was promptly fired.

Damn, that's some drama!

vdlow

So, the last leak.

This is the last Pokemon X and Y "insider" information we have to post. Note that like all of the other information we have posted, please take it with a grain of salt (what does that expression even mean?). We have no way of knowing how much of it is real until Pokemon confirms or denies each individual item. So again, please take all of the information here as unconfirmed and rumor until we hear something official.
Later today Pokemon Smash will air. While most expect it will just be a rehash of what CoroCoro had, you never know if they might reveal something more since Junichi Masuda will be on the show. We'll see soon, so be sure to check back!
Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/Dark.
A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.
A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.
Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.
In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

J@hranimo

Banned
In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

Yesssss Chespin theory is back! Grass/Dark full evo might still happen.

Fairy should be weak to Ice as well :( Fuck... Ice is going to be worse than Poison, lol.

Strong against Dragon, Flying, Ground, Grass, eh it's still pretty decent.

Ice should resist Fairy though just so it can actually resist a type that isn't itself.

Top Bottom