• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Type Pokemon confirmed by leak informations

What's stopping him from releasing more information now then?

I'd guess he's wary of having Nintendo come down hard on him. All the major Pokémon fansites have seemed really twitchy about this sort of stuff since the whole Melkor business with Black and White's release.

Zeroth

I'm having a hard time picturing legendaries such as Celebi and Jirachi being retyped. I can imagine many normal type pokemons will become Fairy, but legendaries seems a bit off.

Daingurse

W26Jql9.png

Dragon Killer

Haha. He will be, that's hilarious. All I needed was an excuse to use Granbull.

FSLink

Banned
I'd guess he's wary of having Nintendo come down hard on him. All the major Pokémon fansites have seemed really twitchy about this sort of stuff since the whole Melkor business with Black and White's release.

From the Pokebeach forums:
I've been sent a lot of information but I don't think I want to make a ginormous post spoiling everything. If anything, I'll release it gradually. Or maybe not even at all. I'm not sure yet. It really depends on whether or not I think TPCi cares. For the card game, they obviously cared, but I think it's different when it comes to the games.

Interesting. Glad we finally have a new type inbound.

Probably this. I was reporting some JP4 news that was passed on to me to be shared on forums, and surprisingly Universal took notice. I could imagine owning a huge fan site would make it worse..

Still, hopefully his news hits since it was passed to him and he isn't the one leaking it per say.

I think my favorite part about this is that venasaur will be even better next gen with stab sludge bomb. Crobat will likely become OU too.

Clefargle

I made the mistake of reading this thread on the toilet. I inadvertently and mysteriously developed a hyperection. Then my weenie touched the lid and now I have to take a shower, a cold one... Thanks...

Continues to look like the best pokemon game in forever. Dual attacks is where shit is going to get real, this will open up attack creativity to an insane degree. Fairy type seems like it will really make a nice impact an matchups, and I'm glad EV training will be more streamlined.

I'll probably get a 3DS for this and LTTP 2.

If you edit a post on the Bulbagarden forums, does it leave a "Edited on _____" message or any other notice?

If not, well there you go. (Either way, someone hit up the Wayback Machine!)

Bah; I need to rage-sleep before I get anymore worked up about this. Dark-type doesn't need another weakness; nor does Dragon need a hard counter. This'd better not be 100% legitimate...

RagnarokX

Fairy is a weird type.

It's like a nature/magic type, so weakness to poison and steel makes sense. Like a Fern Gully type, weak against bulldozers and smog. Being strong against dragon, dark, and fighting doesn't make much sense... is it because those things are "evil"? Psychic and fire taking half damage makes sense.

Exeunt

The Bulbagarden post was quoted by other users on April 15th, and there's a Google cache for it on May 2nd—I'd say it's legit.

This person sure has a strange way of leaking his or her information... If we assume that Water Pokémon Master was the first person contacted back in February, our leaker continued to make a random post on Bulbagarden forums one month ago disguised as speculation, then an "insider" post on GameFAQs a couple weeks later. But there's no sign of Parabolic Charge anywhere, when that was supposedly a tipoff for Water Pokémon Master, yet the other information he chose to share came up in the earlier posts; something is really weird here.

Or, as Big One says, there could be two leakers with the same set of information (or just multiple screennames). Strange stuff.

The Bulbagarden post was quoted by other users on April 15th, and there's a Google cache for it on May 2nd—I'd say it's legit.

This person sure has a strange way of leaking his or her information... If we assume that Water Pokémon Master was the first person contacted back in February, our leaker continued to make a random post on Bulbagarden forums one month ago disguised as speculation, then an "insider" post on GameFAQs a couple weeks later. But there's no sign of Parabolic Charge anywhere, when that was supposedly a tipoff for Water Pokémon Master, yet the other information he chose to share came up in the earlier posts; something is really weird here.

Or, as Big One says, there could be two leakers with the same set of information (or just multiple screennames). Strange stuff.

It's not a named attack but it is on the list from Bulbagarden:

Mawile's type to change from Steel to Steel/Fairy
Dual-type attacks
A new electric attack that leeches health from the opponent
A new form of battling called "Sky Battles"
Mewtwo to get two new formes, and each forme is gained through an item in the two different games

Exeunt

It's not a named attack but it is on the list from Bulbagarden:

Ah, thanks. It wasn't in the GameFAQs post and I must've unconsciously skipped over it on Bulbagarden. It seems like what we're finding now was the "first batch" of information that Water Pokémon Master was talking about... presumably the leaker has acquired more between now and then. I wonder if it's shown up on the Internet somehow between February and today.

Exeunt

Five. Minutes.
as long as you have the right shops maxed out in your Join Avenue and have the Pokedollars to spare

No PKRS required.

Yeah, Join Avenue is a bit of a pain to set up properly though. Once you have the necessary shops, it's excellent, but there's a lot of setup required just to reach that point. Not sure how minigames would ultimately work in comparison, but they would likely involve more time spent in the long run.

RM8

Please don't make Jiggs and Wiggs "Fairy". It's awful enough right now without being weak to poison. BTW, please buff Wigglytuff, it's about time.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why would they be fairy types? They're living balloon creatures! They're not like the Clef lines.

backlot

So Tai Le Ree has been posting on /vp/. I guess him and Mageleif are friends or something. But he says neither of them contacted Pokebeach. He also says he was not the source of the translated English names. Then he says that he swapped the grass and water starters second types in his gamefaqs post and that they're really grass/dark and water/fighting. WPM has now updated his original post on Pokebeach with those new typings. This whole thing is rather convoluted.

If you edit a post on the Bulbagarden forums, does it leave a "Edited on _____" message or any other notice?

If not, well there you go. (Either way, someone hit up the Wayback Machine!)

It does indeed leave that notice. We've got it set up so it leaves that notice even if a staff member edits the post.

For the record BTW...Mageleif is a name known to me. They run Nintendo Pipeline. Their profile there names them as a student at DigiPen.

backlot

It does indeed leave that notice. We've got it set up so it leaves that notice even if a staff member edits the post.

For the record BTW...Mageleif is a name known to me. They run Nintendo Pipeline. Their profile there names them as a student at DigiPen.

Has he tried to give you info in the past or something?

Mush

So instead of improving on the system they introduced with the Gen IV starters (gaining a super effective typing against the Mon they were weak against) they double the effectiveness of the starters typing vs. the Mon it is strongest against.

Top Bottom