• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Type Pokemon confirmed by leak informations

PS_GUY

I think some of you guys are getting ahead of yourselves. This doesn't confirm Fairy Type but just makes it a bit more likely that it'll be real.

I wouldn't mind a Fairy Type however. It'll be nice to counter the over-powered Dragon Type teams!

Firestorm

I think some of you guys are getting ahead of yourselves. This doesn't confirm Fairy Type but just makes it a bit more likely that it'll be real.

I wouldn't mind a Fairy Type however. It'll be nice to counter the over-powered Dragon Type teams!

I think you mean significantly more likely. People thinking this isn't real are more in denial than anything I'd say...

diaspora

So instead of improving on the system they introduced with the Gen IV starters (gaining a super effective typing against the Mon they were weak against) they double the effectiveness of the starters typing vs. the Mon it is strongest against.

What? Grass/Ground, Fire/Fighting, Water/Steel. Ground and fighting both beat steel whereas steel is fuckuseless against Torterra and Infernape...

Labrys

Well, I'm not sure since they usually use character from their own region to give away their own region starter pokemon so far, so they decided to use stranger professor to give away the pokemon.

Maybe each section of the region has a professor to it? The Pokedex is split up accordingly.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
They actually applied to join our staff the last time we were looking for new forum moderators, back in January.

If I was him I would've used that information to cheat at the Speculation Contest for X/Y Bulbagarden always has.

Yes, on the Eevee and friends segment (on Pokemon Smash) they concluded that Sylveon is SE against Ice.

No one seems to be able to agree on WTF happened in that segment.

Hell, we have Bulba in here saying that it "hints" at being weak to fighting and strong to ice where as Serebii Joe, from what I have read, only thinks it hints to being strong against Ice (in relation to these rumors and how they contradict the segment) and others simply think that it's resistant to ice if anything ... or that she simply used a fighting type move.

So all we know is that it's not fighting typed, not steel type but is resistant to ice maybe.

So yeeaaaah ... we will likely know more by Sat so w/e.
As far as I can see WPM released the names and credits this same source with that ... so it doesn't matter who his source is (if it's that Bulbagarden guy or someone he knows or w/e), they're still more credible than anything else we have now so I'm taking his (WPM) word on it for the time being..

Are we sure the segment demonstrated that Slyveon is super effective against Ice, and not that it effects it normally?

The thing with the segment is that it didn't really say anything out loud. The hosts didn't say look, that's super effective against Ice or she's weak to fighting. Instead, she just did a bunch of things and all we can do is speculate till they actually tell us.

The thing with the segment is that it didn't really say anything out loud. The hosts didn't say look, that's super effective against Ice or she's weak to fighting. Instead, she just did a bunch of things and all we can do is speculate till they actually tell us.

Well the reason the experiment was conducted was to determine if Sylveon was Fighting, right? Well if Sylveon didn't break the ice we would think Ice resisted it, like the rock. Since this isn't a scenario where there are only two outcomes, breaking the Ice doesn't necessarily mean it's super effective. Only that it's not resisted.

Well the reason the experiment was conducted was to determine if Sylveon was Fighting, right? Well if Sylveon didn't break the ice we would think Ice resisted it, like the rock. Since this isn't a scenario where there are only two outcomes, breaking the Ice doesn't necessarily mean it's super effective. Only that it's not resisted.

This has been my stance on it all this time really.

I think that's why neither of these big sites are able to point at this and say they're 100% sure.

Plus ... come on. Does Ice REALLY need more types that are SE against it?

Box

I really hope that this fairy type is motivated by more than metagame balance.

A simpler way to nerf dragons would be to reduce the base power of their attacks.

There's always much more room to maneuver balance by taking things away than there is by adding new things. As a rule, the more stuff you add, the harder it is to balance everything together.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There's more to that, just check /vp/ in the Conspiracy thread. TPCi went to the source's dorm and signed a contract.

13688367777018cuc7.png

PS_GUY

There's more to that, just check /vp/ in the Conspiracy thread. TPCi went to the source's dorm and signed a contract.

13688367777018cuc7.png

We'll just have to wait until next month to see if "Fariy" type is confirmed. If it does, way to go to /vp/ for ruining this for everyone! Looks like there'll be no more leaks going forward.

We'll just have to wait until next month to see if "Fariy" type is confirmed. If it does, way to go to /vp/ for ruining this for everyone! Looks like there'll be no more leaks going forward.

People thought we would never get a big leak ever again after the big Black and White leak.

gosox333

This is all so ridiculous. You could legitimately document the twists and turns and make an interesting article out of this thing, assuming you were able to look past the fact it was all over some children's video game.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Haha, the leakers are Digipen students? Oh man, they're fucked. Should've made a bigger distance between themselves and "the source".

EulaCapra

Sad for the leakers. They were only doing it to quench Pokemon fan's speculation thirst that the Nintendo Ninjas can't seem to provide year round.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This is leaking 101: Don't leak stuff with an account that is not only linked to your place of work/study but also linked (easily I might add) to your actual name. Especially not when the company whose information you're leaking used to be in the same building as your classroom.

Glass Rebel

I totally missed the leaking drama, oh boy. Internet fame is too tempting for some people. I could totally leak two-semi big titles but I'm way too afraid that I could risk someone's job (I didn't sign an NDA).

I totally missed the leaking drama, oh boy. Internet fame is too tempting for some people. I could totally leak two-semi big titles but I'm way too afraid that I could risk someone's job (I didn't sign an NDA).

Semi big? Are you fucking kidding me? These will probably be the best selling games of this year. Top three at worst.

Top Bottom