• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Type Pokemon confirmed by leak informations

You guys are crazy. Do you know how many Pokemon use Earthquake and how many good Ground pokemon they are despite the availability of hundreds of flying/Levitaters and balloon users and magnet rising?

Fighting Pokemon and Fighting attacks are awesome despite Ghost being inmune to it.

Daingurse

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.

1299673186811.gif

It's about damn time. Man Scrafty is fucked though.

You guys are crazy. Do you know how many Pokemon use Earthquake and how many good Ground pokemon they are despite the availability of hundreds of flying/Levitaters and balloon users and magnet rising?

Fighting Pokemon and Fighting attacks are awesome despite Ghost being inmune to it.

It will ruin Outrage though, which in turn Nerfs Dragons running a Physical Set.

Good, there's other physical dragon moves that don't required you to be lock in and give Fairies a free turn.

Nothing that is over 100 with good accuracy. Fighting and others have plenty. Dragon Claw will not cut it. Only the Dragon Haters see this as a fair nerfing if true. I think Fairies should take half damage from Dragons. But Full Immunity is INSANE!

I'll like for Gardevoir/Gallade to become Psychic/Fairy and Fighting/Fairy respectability. It would make them more unique, useful and different from Alakazam/Medicham.

backlot

Nothing that is over 100 with good accuracy. Fighting and others have plenty. Dragon Claw will not cut it. Only the Dragon Haters see this as a fair nerfing if true. I think Fairies should take half damage from Dragons. But Full Immunity is INSANE!

Too bad they're adding zero new dragon type attacks in gen 6.

PK Gaming

It's impossible to say for sure but:

Ground types: Either have coverage moves to beat Flying types (Rock moves) or lose pretty badly to them.

Fighting types: Usually lose to ghost types pretty badly, though there are some fighting-type moves that can break through them)Scrafty). The ghost type itself is incredibly rare and kind of limited, so a double immunity is completely fine.

I'm pretty sure Dragon Types are going to lose to Fairy pretty badly, and Fairy types end being a standard then Dragon types will end up sucking. I have faith in GF though.

Daingurse

Outrage needed a solid drawback, if you got rid of the opposing teams Dragon counter nothing could stop a Salamence or Dragonite from going ape shit with a moxie or a couple of DD's. A revenge killer is all you could use and a revenge killer is not a solid counter.

I guess they're setting Fennekin and it's evos up to be the easiest starter this gen. Having a 4x resistance to the new type seems a bit ridiculous... especially with Froakie and Chespin's evos taking double the damage...

Yeah the difference is that Dragon's have mostly monstrous stats and are no longer bound by a double Ice Weakness. I'll add a Fairy Type stealth Rock also, Dragons are out of control.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
''But they reached stability of the formula with the other types'' uttered the many Pokéfans, until their brains exploded, and there was nothing left.

I'd wager it's real.

PK Gaming

From I design standpoint, I can see why they did this.

Even though Steel-types resist Dragon-types, even they can't completely stop dragon types since moves like Outrage and Draco Meteor deal to much damage. You can just use something like Choice Specs Latios or Choice Band Garchomp and spam power Dragon moves all day to deal heavy damage to whatever the switches in. There's no thinking involved (i've beaten players who thought I was going to use a coverage move on steel-types)

It still sucks if its true, and i would sooner buff Ice-types then nerf Dragon :/

In order for the Fairy type to actually have such massive changes to the metagame that people are predicting, there has to be Fairy Pokemon that are actually good to use.

In order for the Fairy type to actually have such massive changes to the metagame that people are predicting, there has to be Fairy Pokemon that are actually good to use.

There probably will be and they might be overpowered until GF fixes it in the next release...maybe. Watch Chansey become crazy good again.

Daingurse

people acting like draco meteor and outrage/dragon claw weren't everywhere in the meta game?

ITT, people who don't play the meta-game complain about Dragon nerfs haha. Or people who do play the meta-game want to continue to roll teams with Outrage/Draco Meteor. I rolled many a team with my banded Haxorus, people weren't ready for it.

Yeah the difference is that Dragon's have mostly monstrous stats and are no longer bound by a double Ice Weakness. I'll add a Fairy Type stealth Rock also, Dragons are out of control.

They are strong in OU, but every team has a counter. With the Immunity they will be so nerfed they will sink so far down. And the other crappy thing is that the most used Pokémon in OU Scizor will be even more broken. I can live with everything about the Fairy type except for the Full Dragon Immunity. :-(

From I design standpoint, I can see why they did this.

Even though Steel-types resist Dragon-types, even they can't completely stop dragon types since moves like Outrage and Draco Meteor deal to much damage. You can just use something like Choice Specs Latios or Choice Band Garchomp and spam power Dragon moves all day to deal heavy damage to whatever the switches in. There's no thinking involved (i've beaten players who thought I was going to use a coverage move on steel-types)

It still sucks if its true, and i would sooner buff Ice-types then nerf Dragon :/

Steel is a mixed bag. Most Dragon types learn a fire move or have the fucking universal Earthquake.

Come on, read your post and you are still saying Dragons don't need a nerf. They do, vast amount of movepools, high stats and their Dragon type negates the super effectivity in their second type a lot.

dsvoid

Neo Member
My girlfriend has been calling that there's going to be a new type since nymphia had been announced. She thought the typing would have been called Light, but she prefers Fairy now that it's sort of out there. She's pretty proud to have guessed there's a new type.

people acting like draco meteor and outrage/dragon claw weren't everywhere in the meta game?

Exactly, you have crazy strong Pokemon with great speed, good bulk using moves with massive power and little drawback, while either using an item that boost or moxie/dragon dance. And you think steel pokes are going to cut it? How many Steel pokemon can even use Dragon/Ice moves against them?

PK Gaming

Steel is a mixed bag. Most Dragon types learn a fire move or have the fucking universal Earthquake.

Come on, read your post and you are still saying Dragons don't need a nerf. They do, vast amount of movepools, high stats and their Dragon type negates the super effectivity in their second type a lot.

I know, I agree that objectively this is probably a good move.

I just don't like it though haha.

Neiteio

"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."

GAMEFREAK BE LITERARY.

There probably will be and they might be overpowered until GF fixes it in the next release...maybe. Watch Chansey become crazy good again.

Blissey/chansey? A bunch of pokemon that will be retyped? It's going to happen.
I doubt they're going to retype Pokemon that are already very strong representations of the Normal type and could be considered something other than Fairy (Togekiss and Blissey are egg themed enough that they might not make the cut).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unless fairy gets its own stealth rock dragons aren't going to disappear.

Flying/levitation is the most common immunity in the game, doesn't mean EQ isn't still the most popular meta game move. Electricity still gets used despite their being many popular ground types.

EDIT: They might change Chansey/Blissey to fair but the only one I'd 100% guarantee gets the switch is Clefable, who has been more and more useful since Gen IV.

[/B]

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/1299673186811.gif[IMG]

It's about damn time. Man Scrafty is fucked though.[/QUOTE]

I'm just going to have to be more careful. Nearly every team will have a Fairy-type on it if this rumour is true, so I'll just have to carry an Arcanine with Iron Head for safe switches. Scrafty can still sweep most teams after a Dragon Dance or two.

Daingurse

Unless fairy gets its own stealth rock dragons aren't going to disappear.

Flying/levitation is the most common immunity in the game, doesn't mean EQ isn't still the most popular meta game move. Electricity still gets used despite their being many popular ground types.

Yep, all this adds is more depth to the Metagame. Outrage was very low risk high reward if you got rid of the other team's counters and Draco Meteor was pretty much godlike with Specs.

I'm just going to have to be more careful. Nearly every team will have a Fairy-type on it if this rumour is true, so I'll just have to carry an Arcanine with Iron Head for safe switches. Scrafty can still sweep most teams after a Dragon Dance or two.

Yeah, it'll just make him harder to use. Which can make him more rewarding overall, but yeah it's going to rough. I really liked Bulk Up builds with Shed Skin, that probably won't be viable with Fairy types around and the 4x weakness to them haha.

I doubt they're going to retype Pokemon that are already very strong representations of the Normal type and could be considered something other than Fairy (Togekiss and Blissey are egg themed enough that they might not make the cut).

Chansey, Clefairy/Clefable, Blissey, Jigglypuff etc...all scream Fairy to me. I wouldn't put it past them to retype these Pokemon. Is the competitive market that huge in comparison to everyone else who just buys them to not play competitively?

FSLink

Banned
I wonder how they would explain the sudden type changes to mainstay pokemon in the anime?

It was all a dream???

Fairy Gym Leader or researcher or new region's professor discovered the Fairy Type in previous Pokemon and new Pokemon.
They'll just brush it aside with some of that reasoning like they did with Steel type.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's a chance that like when Dark type was introduced to fuck with psychics that they don't give it great moves right away as sort of a balance.

Hell Dark didn't get anything spectacular until Sucker Punch two gens later.

I wonder how they would explain the sudden type changes to mainstay pokemon in the anime?

It was all a dream???

Introduce the type first, have the Pa-treeee! come in and explain the new research about them and how different Pokémon are being reclassed as them. Or leave it to the Fairy gym-leader.

It's not like it'll be any different than when they introduced steel types.

Daingurse

Bullet punch being supereffective on blissey would be epic.

Won't even need to predict the switch-in to use Superpower anymore. Just Bullet Punch that pink bitch. As a hyper offensive guy, I despise Blissey and stall in general(respect it though). We need a decent Special Fighting move with decent move distribution. Aura Sphere is great, barely anything learns it though.

PK Gaming

Won't even need to predict the switch-in to use Superpower anymore. Just Bullet Punch that pink bitch. As a hyper offensive guy, I despise Blissey. We need a decent Special Fighting move with decent move distribution. Aura Sphere is great, barely anything learns it though.

Hasn't Blissey suffered enough?

It's not very good in gen V lol

"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."

GAMEFREAK BE LITERARY.

That quote makes more sense in regards to the fairy/dragon connection than some type relationships (I never will understand the poison weak to psychic & ground connection)

Also G. K. Chesterton for rival/champion

Chansey, Clefairy/Clefable, Blissey, Jigglypuff etc...all scream Fairy to me. I wouldn't put it past them to retype these Pokemon. Is the competitive market that huge in comparison to everyone else who just buys them to not play competitively?

Clefable and Wigglytuff are likely to get re-types, considering they actually are fairies, but they're also flimsy enough that the Dragon immunity can be worked around.

Top Bottom