• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ubisoft survey talks next Assassin’s Creed title, could ship next year with co-op

Shinta

Banned
So that's what, Assassin's Creed III-3 if we count Liberation? They could even put out another trilogy bundle if they wanted to port Liberation to consoles. I can't believe how many games they've put out. This will be the 6th console game for this series, just this gen.

If someone told me there would be more Assassin's Creed games than NBA Live games when this gen started, I would have spit my drink out.

Ravage

Assassin Creed and Uncharted are my two favourite new IPs this gen but i have mixed feelings about this.

Ok with: Better VA and writing. Open-ended combat like the excellent ship graveyard sequence in UC3.
Neutral: More cinematic moments (not exactly new for the AC series)
NOT ok: Change of formula to a more linear experience. I do enjoy scripted linear games, but that is not what i want my ACs to be.

What they really should be doing though, is to focus more on the assassination concept. This is an area which needs some serious improvement.

As for annual releases? Nope. Brotherhood gave me hope that the series can maintain its quality with annual releases. Revelation proves otherwise.

I dont think anyones saying the games are bad

but Uncharted's Uncharted and ass creed is ass creed. I dont like the idea of every game turning into uncharted, as good as it may be

Of the Uncharted games, I've only played the third one (made it about 2/3 of the way through), and I would feel comfortable saying that it's a bad game. Great production values! But a pretty bad game (or at least not a very good one).

On topic, Assassin's Creed is more and more Uncharted every year anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years there wasn't an open environment of any sort, just a series of super-linear sequences carved out around some set pieces the designers decided were cool. I was playing some AC3 last night, I had to exit a cave that was collapsing; sure all the walls and ceilings were falling in and may have looked exciting but gameplay-wise all I had to do was hold the thumbstick foward with the run button for about 30 seconds.

AC needs less of that, certainly not more.

Assassin Creed seems like the perfect game to have some sort Demon's Souls influence, never mind Uncharted.

Would keep people on there toes knowing that there some rouge Templer Assassin willing to mess up their game.

*walks into next Assassin's Creed booth* *E3 2013*

qEyPK.png

HardRojo

Is that last question for real?

Edit: Now that I think about it, AC's climbing sections remind me a lot of Uncharted's platforming, in fact Brotherhood's last section felt like I was playing Uncharted and Nolan North playing Desmond's voice just added more similarities.

I can't get tired of these games. More is better.

I'll love them as long as they have great historical settings. I need a break from all the future crap every once and awhile

I'm just...numb to the yearly releases now.

If they couldn't polish AC3 despite supposedly working on it since finishing AC2, I can't imagine how a rushed-out-the-door Anvil 2 game plays.

Elios83

I can't even manage myself to finish Assassin's Creed 3 and I truly loved the series until Brotherhood.
They have milked it too much, I'm not gonna buy an other game unless they take their time and it's on next gen consoles. There must be an end to the milking :p

Dunno why there's negativity towards Uncharted.

I'd like Assassin's Creed to handle its story like Uncharted does. Uncharted never has that great of a core plot, but the character writing is pretty much the best in gaming. Assassin's Creed's story and writing are generally some of the worst in gaming, so...

I imagine they asked the question about Uncharted because they want to "set-piece this bitch up" for ACIV. They are already tried with some missions in ACIII and, well, yeash. The Kidd stuff was cool , but I don't think I want ACIV to be an Uncharted clone.

Biggzy

I imagine they asked the question about Uncharted because they want to "set-piece this bitch up" for ACIV. They are already tried with some missions in ACIII and, well, yeash. The Kidd stuff was cool , but I don't think I want ACIV to be an Uncharted clone.

I don't mind the Kidd stuff as it breaks up the pace a little bit, but like you I wouldn't want the game to revolve round it. Because, as the title suggests, you are meant to be an assassin, not Indiana Jones.

theDeeDubs

I thought a game where you play as a young Achilles would be cool. It would let them try out a non-animus game with a character a lot of people thought was pretty cool. They could reuse some of the homestead assets too.

I thought the Kidd stuff was great and loved the set pieces in Rev so I don't mind the UC3 question.

rvy

Banned
Shocking news, Ubisoft. Shocking news. Why don't you go fucking fix that buggy shit AC III instead?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
"How much would you rate setpieces out of 10?"

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Huh, I would have thought they would have given Assassin's Creed next year off and let Watch_Dogs have the spotlight. Seems like they're stepping on their own feet releasing both.

rvy

Banned
Let me fill the survey. I want to fill the survey. Who gets to fill the survey? Idiots from the gaming media?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I think I have to go with the poster that said this must be about marketing.

Clearly Ubisoft is good at coming up with new concepts even this generation.

They came up with Assassin's Creed in the first place.

Also they came up with Watch Dogs. Do you think a concept such as Watch Dogs would come out of a focus group and "do you want the game to be more like Diablo 3 and Uncharted and some tower defense game?"

I also question the general idea about having marketing come up with what they push in advertisements. You read all the time how developers were unhappy with how the game was marketed.

I remember how Mortal Kombat 9 was almost exclusively shown with the tag team mode. Nobody gave a shit about that after the game released, but they wanted to push their "unique selling point" or however that stuff is called at almost every event before release.

Biggzy

Huh, I would have thought they would have given Assassin's Creed next year off and let Watch_Dogs have the spotlight. Seems like they're stepping on their own feet releasing both.

Watchdogs looks a totally different game to AC, so I don't think they will be stepping on their own toes.

Kunan

So they are basically saying they think uncharted is better then there own series. Thats how its sounding.
Or asking how people respond to the series, and whether or not the more cinematic moments that have been added recently are what people want? That's quite the leap you're taking there.

bndadm

Assassin's Creed usually is so easy I don't see how and why they would implement a helping buddy.

First thing I thought of when co-op came up was Vinny's idea in the Brotherhood QL on Giant Bomb where he thought that, by sending assassin's out on contracts (Ryan), Vinny could go home and find a contract waiting for him to carry out.

I think that would be great fun. Turn on AC and find a message that "Your fellow assassin has tasked you with this very important assignment, etc" and you can choose to go and carry it out.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Turning Ass is Red into Uncharted makes no sense.

Although if they did that it would be the first AC game I'd buy since the shitty original soured me on the entire series.

I never thought that Uncharted would be one of the most influential franchises this generation. Don't get me wrong, I love the series but the formula don't work for everything.

LastNac

I love Uncharted 3 so any UC3 influence is good news to my ears. However, I don't think the Uncharted-formula is universal.

Top Bottom