• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ubisoft survey talks next Assassin’s Creed title, could ship next year with co-op

Haunted

Having the two weakest outings come out back to back as well as AC3's ending being real bad is enough to turn me off the franchise for a while.

Take a break, please.

SJRB

Gold Member
Someone give me a non-spoiler explanation on why the ending of AC3 is bad.

There is no way to explain why it is bad without spoiling it, obviously.

To use a metafor:

You go on a first date with a girl, there is certain chemistry and you two decide to meet up for a second date. This second date is amazing, it's far better than the first and you both have a great time.
The third date is also pretty amazing, you start to realise this girl could be a keeper. The fourth date goes a little rough, perhaps she's having a bad day. Or you, who knows.

But still, you meet up again because the first three dates were just great time. This fifth date she asks you to come home with her. You've been looking forward to this moment for a long time, all the previous dates have been leading up to this moment. She takes you to her bedroom, sits you down on the bed, and just when you think she is about to undress she says "I really like you as a friend".

daemissary

I wish there was just a "I'll buy it if its more like Brotherhood" option.

Ah hell, who am I kidding...I'll probably buy it regardless.

Haunted

To use a metafor:

You go on a first date with a girl, there is certain chemistry and you two decide to meet up for a second date. This second date is amazing, it's far better than the first and you both have a great time.
The third date is also pretty amazing, you start to realise this girl could be a keeper. The fourth date goes a little rough, perhaps she's having a bad day. Or you, who knows.

But still, you meet up again because the first three dates were just great time. This fifth date she asks you to come home with her. You've been looking forward to this moment for a long time, all the previous dates have been leading up to this moment. She takes you to her bedroom, sits you down on the bed, and just when you think she is about to undress she says "I really like you as a friend".
Also she doesn't take you into the bedroom but you have to chase her into that bedroom in a badly scripted sequence that's not at all fun to complete. Also you hit your head on something and everything's kinda slow and blurry and in black and white with a red vignette.

Lime

Thanks for the replies everyone. Much appreciated.

To use a metafor:

Possible the best non-spoiler explanation I've come across. I share the exact same sentiments in regards to AC1,2, Brotherhood and Revelations, so there's a high probability I'll experience the same disappointment as you.

iNvid02

To use a metafor:

you also have a date scheduled next year, shes not telling you where you're going either

Are you kidding me...after 5 games they still didn't close the plot?

Still without actually getting into what actually happened, but I'll spoiler tag anyway:

No joke. They leave major elements of the plot hanging, on the level that it gave me the impression it'll probably be another trilogy.

A safer way to put it: There's no way you could never play an AC game again, and feel like you saw it all tied up here. Quite the opposite.

Top Bottom