• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Weekly Humble Bundle- Japan Edition. Features Ys Origin & As(s)tebreed

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Good bundle but I already own all the games I want except Astebreed, so it's just $5 off really. Too much on my plate at the moment.

chrono01

Hmm, this might be the first Humble Bundle I buy.

I'm intrigued.

So in order to get them all on Steam, I just add $1 to the $10 price [$11 total]?

Edit - Never mind, it seems the $1 Steam cost is factored into the price. Great stuff.

Nerokis

Niiice! Ys Origin is the one Ys game on Steam I still need to pick up! And I get the impression most of the other games are fun, solid titles, as well. This bundle is a no-brainer.

ArjanN

For people not familiar with theses games this bundle is awesome.

Astebreed: Really solid, non traditional shmup with shifting camera perspective
Gigantic Army; Neat Cybernator/Assault Suit Valken clone
Ys Origin: (arguably) best Ys game.
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae: Bascially Devil May Cry's Bloody Palace mode.
One Way Heroics; Fun Rogue-like sort-of-JRPG where you always have to keep moving forward

Haven't played Pixeljunk Shooter or Unholy Heights but have mostly heard good things.

wsippel

Banned
I already have pretty much everything I want except for Ys and Astebreed maybe, but I've already played Astebreed and it certainly didn't convince me. Why is there a limit for just one mediocre game? I bought a ton of Humble Bundles, but I either buy everything or nothing - and Astebreed isn't worth the markup. So I assume this will be the first time I'll pass.

Gigantic Army is really good. It could use another stage or two and better weapon balance, but it's probably the best indie/doujin run and gun I've come across.

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae is decent if you keep your expectations in check. There's very little enemy variety and the combat is fun for a while, but it is fairly shallow, so it gets old shortly after you unlock every move and explore all of your options. It's good enough for what it is though, and the graphics and animation are really nice for a doujin game.

R.I.P

Shit, been eyeing Astebreed for a while now and will definitely bite at 10$ for that + everything else, great bundle!

Hubb

Great bundle, but I own too many things for it to be worth it.

I'll pick Astebreed on the Winter sale.

I just got a PC that is able to play games. The $10 game doesn't look very interesting, is the $6 pack worth it? The only game I own is Pixel Junk Shooter, and I have wanted to play an Ys game.

Ubersnug

b9tqnrW.jpg

*golf clap*

Ys Origin alone is absolutely worth the $6.

I don't have PayPal, so I didn't think I would be able to get it. Turns out they accept Visa Debit, unlike other sites I shop at, so I was able to get the $6 tier ($6.72 Canadian -.-). Ys was the main reason for me purchasing it, as you and a bunch of others on NeoGAF are vocal about how good the series is.

Hero

Just played about an hour of Astebreed. It's definitely fun and visually appealing. Highly recommended for shmup fans!

i dont believe they do this for the weekly bundles, but the main bundle they do.

Yeah I don't think they do either.

Tain

Why wouldn't you mention GIGANTIC ARMY what is wrong with you OP

Astebreed is pretty but nothing great, kinda got boned releasing so close to Crimzon Clover.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Thanks for all the love, guys! We're super excited about this bundle. If you love Japanese indie games, you're definitely going to want this bundle :D

Why wouldn't you mention GIGANTIC ARMY what is wrong with you OP

Astebreed is pretty but nothing great, kinda got boned releasing so close to Crimzon Clover.

Highly appreciating all the GIGANTIC love :) Thanks for noticing us. I don't want to feel sad thinking Senpai GAF never notices us. Btw, Astro Port devs are huge fans of shmups, giant robots and tanks... Guess it's kind of obvious looking at their games!

For those asking about Pixeljunk Shooter I already posted my opinion: a pretty damn neat non-traditional shmup. Very polished and recommended indeed.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
PixelJunk Shooter is a great game. Totally worth the price of admission, especially at bundle price.

gngf123

Mark of Classic Game Room did a good video for Gigantic Army if I remember right.

Well, given his love of giant robots it makes sense he would at least.

Shit. I have Astebreed and One-Way Hero sitting in my Steam inventory. I'd rather have both of those DRM-free. I wonder if someone will give me a few bucks for those...

Usobuko

Banned
Highly appreciating all the GIGANTIC love :) Thanks for noticing us. I don't want to feel sad thinking Senpai GAF never notices us. Btw, Astro Port devs are huge fans of shmups, giant robots and tanks... Guess it's kind of obvious looking at their games!

For those asking about Pixeljunk Shooter I already posted my opinion: a pretty damn neat non-traditional shmup. Very polished and recommended indeed.

I did a search and came up with nothing. Was there a thread specifically on Gigantic Army? I'm usually clueless of what's going to be released unless it's on GAF.

Sora_N

I'm thinking of buying the $6 pack for MKH, does anyone want to buy Ys for $3? I don't care about Pixeljunk Shooter either so you could take that too.

I already have Ys Origins.

Has anyone managed to get Ys Origin to work with a PS4 controller? I am using the DS4 to Xinput Wrapper and it was worked for the others games I have tried, but on Ys Origin the controller seems to be always set to move the analog stick up. In the config I see a second option called Wireless Controller, and it looks like that is mapped by default to have the analog in the top-right position. Is there anyway to get this to work? Thanks.

Posted in the Steam thread too.

Zarx

I own almost everything in here. I guess I could just give away the Steam codes. Seems a shame that there is no Carpe Fulgur games in there, more people deserve to play those three games.

Kumubou

Has anyone managed to get Ys Origin to work with a PS4 controller? I am using the DS4 to Xinput Wrapper and it was worked for the others games I have tried, but on Ys Origin the controller seems to be always set to move the analog stick up. In the config I see a second option called Wireless Controller, and it looks like that is mapped by default to have the analog in the top-right position. Is there anyway to get this to work? Thanks.

Posted in the Steam thread too.
Choose the option in DS4tool to hide the DS4 controller. By default, the system sees both the DS4 as a HID and a X360 controller. Most games work fine with it, but some games will read input from both at the same time. Enabling this option disables the DS4 HID devices and solves this issue.

Choose the option in DS4tool to hide the DS4 controller. By default, the system sees both the DS4 as a HID and a X360 controller. Most games work fine with it, but some games will read input from both at the same time. Enabling this option disables the DS4 HID devices and solves this issue.

Alright, I tried this. But the Wireless Controller still has a weird zoning issue.

8D4qJmJ.png

This is with no input on the controller.

Dreavus

I haven't been in on a humble bundle/weekly in a while. Can you still pass out extra steam keys of games if you already own them?

I wouldn't mind giving one of my friends Ys Origin, but I don't remember how this works.

Nabs

Alright, I tried this. But the Wireless Controller still has a weird zoning issue.

8D4qJmJ.png

This is with no input on the controller.

"Wireless Controller" is the thing you need to hide with Hide DS4. It should say something like (360 controller for Windows).

Aaron

I'm thinking of buying the $6 pack for MKH, does anyone want to buy Ys for $3? I don't care about Pixeljunk Shooter either so you could take that too.

I already have Ys Origins.
Probably not worth it. MKH is too simplistic a fighter to be entertaining for very long. Don't believe the hype.

"Wireless Controller" is the thing you need to hide with Hide DS4. It should say something like (360 controller for Windows).

How do I manage this? When I click "Hide DS4 Controller" it hides "Controller (XBOX 360 for Windows)" which is the one that I want to keep.

Top Bottom