• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii U accessories, Nintendo Land + Wiimote, and White 32GB Wii U announced

aparisi2274

Yea, I'll wait for this:

WiiU_PowerPak_product_new.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B48QAQU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

In stock, limited qty's.

white wii u premium bundle the days of the basic sku are numbered

I'm not even sure why they released the basic model.

The system should have just been in 32 gigs, white and black, with everything else @299.99. I still think the inital price was 50 bucks too expensive, but considering they already sell them at a small loss, I guess it's understandable.

I still need to pick up either a pink or a blue Wii Remote+. I have a gold one in my Skyward Sword box, but it's unopened.

This is exactly right. A bunch of people called this coming bullshit as soon as pics of the gamepad battery compartment were posted online. Nintendo purposely left extra space to accommodate a future larger battery that they could sell as an upgrade. Fuck them.
I'm betting this new battery is the battery they original planned to include, then Iwata had a brainstorm. Thanks Iwata.

Edit: lol at your username :)

I'll definitely pass on the extended battery. When I can just plug and play, it's not really a problem to me. Glad to see they're finally releasing one, though. Even if we knew it was coming based on the Gamepad's inners.

wii-u-battery-blurry.jpg

Anth0ny

a white deluxe should move units since it's the superior color.

and nintendo land shouldn't include a wii remote, it should include a gamepad
allowing them to stop selling it with every console and drop the price by $150 ;)

Haunted

Improved Gamepad battery should be free for launch owners like the straps and condoms were for original Wii owners.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm assuming this will be on sale in NA, right? Or am I missing something?

I'm definitely interested in the White 32GB model.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully they phase out the basic SKU and drop the price of the premium.

OzPinoy

Banned
Hopefully they phase out the basic SKU and drop the price of the premium.

If they did , there better be ambassador program to go along with it otherwise I'll be raging hard on the price drop alone. that If they did an official 3DS price cut.

RaidenZR

Regarding the Game Pad battery solutions:

I think the Nyko one sounds more appealing on paper, but I had a GBA SP battery from Nyko that doubled or tripled the life... at least for a while. It didn't retain its vitality for very long. I think it got through a month or two before I noticed it lost its advantage.

If there is an official battery booster, then that's the one I'm going with. If you're buying the Nyko one, well good luck to you.

aparisi2274

Just purchased the Nyko pak....

No reason to spend more money on a Nintendo battery when it offers less in total play time, than the Nyko

Lavapotamus

Neo Member
I'm kind of amazed it took this long to release an official battery pack for Wiimotes. Also, as someone who initially thought the Wii U gamepad's battery wouldn't be that bad, it drives me up a wall every time I see that blinking red light. I don't play a ton per day, but it's incredibly frequent. I don't being tethered to an outlet while I play. Sad to see that the Nyko pack might be the better offer over the official offering, though.

doemaaan

This is exactly right. A bunch of people called this coming bullshit as soon as pics of the gamepad battery compartment were posted online. Nintendo purposely left extra space to accommodate a future larger battery that they could sell as an upgrade. Fuck them.

Classic fuckin' Nintendo. Finally learned my lesson after the DS Lite came out. I never buy anything hardware-wise from them on day 1. In time, something better WILL come along. Now, all I have to do is wait for the console revision and some games I'm interested in, to buy a Wii U.

My question is if it is real: Where is 3D Mario? I hope they aren't pushing it back.

Presumably under the conveniently omitted not yet announced part, but Mario Kart and Smash are in the same twilight-semi-announced stage and are listed for fall. Still, if that list is true and Smash comes out during the fall, then Mario can probably wait. Smash is a much bigger upfront seller and will likely prove more effective at moving hardware.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If they did , there better be ambassador program to go along with it otherwise I'll be raging hard on the price drop alone. that If they did an official 3DS price cut.
I dunno. What's the install base for the Wii U right now? I feel like Nintendo should be more worried about wooing new Wii U owners rather than disgruntling current Wii U owners. An ambassador program would be a nice gesture, though, and wouldn't hurt.

Top Bottom