• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii U accessories, Nintendo Land + Wiimote, and White 32GB Wii U announced

Sandfox

Classic fuckin' Nintendo. Finally learned my lesson after the DS Lite came out. I never buy anything hardware-wise from them on day 1. In time, something better WILL come along. Now, all I have to do is wait for the console revision and some games I'm interested in, to buy a Wii U.

You're going to be waiting a long time if you're expecting a console revision.

prag16

Banned
is the 32gb white premium and nintendo land + wiimote bundle on that list
No. I still think that leak is likely bullshit. The Wiimote battery/cradle and gamepad battery were good guesses but not too far out there. All those Fall dates are obvious horseshit.

We should know for sure in just two weeks.

Seda

is the 32gb white premium and nintendo land + wiimote bundle on that list

I'm definitely still skeptical but that list says NoA. I doubt we get the Nintendo Land bundles here because it's bundled with the Deluxe set here.

It did predate the release date announcement for Pikmin. Take that how you want.

...This list might have actually turned out to be right.
That image predates the Nintendo Direct where Pikmin 3's release date was announced, doesn't it? So at the very least, it did correctly predict the North American release date of Pikmin 3 down to the day. Hmmm....

I wish they offered a white premium at launch. Every time i see a demo unit, its white and looks lovely as it hides fingerprints and all manner of dust so much better than glossy black.

I wish I could have gotten the White Premium at launch. Thanks, Nintendobama.

But seriously, stop shafting the White hardware, Nintendo. If I can get the Wiimote batteries in white, I will buy.

MarkusRJR

Awesome. Is there any way to transfer games from console to console ala 3DS -> 3DS? I want to give my black Wii U to my dad (who wants it for streaming) and getting a white Wii U.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
White premium is cool but the basic @ target is $239 right now.. Better then any official price drop.

Well it's pretty obvious now Nintendo dropped the price to clear out stock. I'm betting that once all the basic sets are gone the white Deluxe will replace it at $299 (going by the Japanese price.)

Link83

Wait...has no one else noticed that the same page seems to show that Nintendo will start selling Wii U Gamepads separately from Wii U consoles in 2013? I believe it says they will cost 12,800 yen without tax / 13,440 yen with tax

Frolow

Banned
That image predates the Nintendo Direct where Pikmin 3's release date was announced, wasn't it? So at the very least, it did correctly predict the North American release date of Pikmin 3 down to the day. Hmmm....
It does. I remember seeing that list on /v/ before the announcement and this Reddit post about the list was made before the release date announcement.

Wait...has no one else noticed that the same page seems to suggest that Nintendo will start selling Wii U Gamepads separately from Wii U consoles in 2013? I believe it says they will cost 12,800 yen without tax / 13440 yen with tax

They already sell them separately in Japan.

lenovox1

Wait...has no one else noticed that the same page seems to suggest that Nintendo will start selling Wii U Gamepads separately from Wii U consoles in 2013? I believe it says they will cost 12,800 yen without tax / 13,440 yen with tax

They always have in Japan.

doemaaan

If I gotta wait, I gotta wait. I'm in no rush to buy a Wii U. Worse comes to worst, they don't revise the console by the time Zelda comes out. By that time though, there'd have been a price drop or two.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that list is wrong, cause I really want 3D Mario this year. More so than Smash or Mario Kart. And yeah, I'm 80% certain I'll get a Wii U this fall, and if so, I'll definitely get the White Premium.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect that for another several years.

"The Legend of Zelda: Subtitle TBD"

20130527_150013.jpg

I think this list is real now.
You sure that isn't referring to Zelda 3DS? Either way its missing one of the Zelda games and both were given 2013 dates for NoA.

I'm doubtful over this list.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, and regarding a console revision, I do think a gamepad revision could happen relatively soon. Like, maybe in a year or two. I wouldn't expect a full console revision for another three years, four years, or even later.

Roo

I hope that list is wrong, cause I really want 3D Mario this year. More so than Smash or Mario Kart. And yeah, I'm 80% certain I'll get a Wii U this fall, and if so, I'll definitely get the White Premium.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect that for another several years.

Smash is definitely not coming out this year and like I've been saying for quite some time, they don't need to release all those games this year considering they're getting some good AAA third party games this Holiday season (at least from Ubisoft that is) so I wouldn't be surprised if some Nintendo games are pushed back to 2014.

You sure that isn't referring to Zelda 3DS? Either way its missing one of the Zelda games and both were given 2013 dates for NoA.

I'm doubtful over this list.

"WUP" is the code for Wii U (like RVL for Wii and DOL for Gamecube). The Legend of Zelda: subtitle tbd has a WUP code next to it.

ffdgh

White premium should have existed when the wii u first came out. Oh well better late than never for those who wanted one.

I must be the only Wii U owner in existence who hasn't had any problems so far with charge length on my gamepad. Makes me feel like I'm not playing it enough.

Shahadan

I must be the only Wii U owner in existence who hasn't had any problems so far with charge length on my gamepad. Makes me feel like I'm not playing it enough.

I think it's ok. Would be annoying for an handlheld though.
Only thing is I would love a second cradle/ac for my bedroom.

The survey a while back suggested a $40 price for the Wiimote battery and charging cradle. That is kind of steep, but I might still get it. I plan on getting a brand new black wiimote and nunchuck for Pikmin 3.

The survey a while back suggested a $40 price for the Wiimote battery and charging cradle. That is kind of steep, but I might still get it. I plan on getting a brand new, black wiimote and nunchuck for Pikmin 3.

Just for the battery and charging cradle? That sounds way too expensive. I'd really like official ones, though. I love how you can charge it with the Wii Remote jacket on. I might just buy four Eneloop batteries for twenty bucks.

Top Bottom