• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Witcher 3 Patch on the way with huge list of changes and graphics improvements

Pacotera

Banned
Now THIS is what pisses me of!

First the downgrade (ok, not so much of a downgrade but a change in rendering system because it wouldnt work on console that way)

Fine, game looks awesome for me so no problem on that and they even apologized it.

But knowing that the PATCH on PC is all done but its not gonna be released because they want to wait for the console certification process to be done and release on all platforms together... yep this enrages me....

I could be patching my witcher 3 that keeps crashing every hour or so on my GTX 970 but nope...

NEED TO WAIT!!!

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I'll happily pick this up in a couple of month, fully patched on the PS4.

Ilmyr

3 things i expect from the patch:

- hairworks for monsters only
- crash fix
- custom controller remap (need R1 attack, R2 strong attack) I'm so used to the Dark Souls 2 controller mapping, i still can't get used to it in Witcher 3 ...

- crash fix
- custom controller remap (need R1 attack, R2 strong attack) I'm so used to the Dark Souls 2 controller mapping, i still can't get used to it in Witcher 3 ...

Also make the home button the map.

psychotron

ummm.... uh oh. Good about the font size though.

oPCs7oF.jpg

Aalvi

There have been a lot of odd glitches for me...nothing gamebreaking or bothersome for me yet.

Not to long ago this happend to me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbUCW4Tgg3Y
Basically Novigrad citizens decided to get all freaky and float around with no faces

I also had another glitch occur where I was stuck at the bottom of the well under the water(think Link and the iron boots), it had me restart the game since I couldn't pause.

It's weird because usually this stuff would bother me, but those types of harmless bugs happening makes me enjoy it more for some reason...but here's hoping the game gets patched and becomes very stable and polished.

I'd understand disappointment if we had a change list we were looking forward to but the fact that the patch in the article isn't an upcoming patch shouldn't be alarming. They will surely be patching all versions and will without a doubt be support the game like they have with their previous titles.

Gurish

Jeez is it that bad on PS4?
No it's not, I'm playing it right now and it runs and looks great for the majority of the time.
I'm gonna keep playing it without any trouble until the patch releases, it's completely playble and actually much smoother than any other open world games in previous gen and even current gen outside of cross-gen open world titles.

BTW i guess PS4 version won't get any graphical improvements right?

MaddenNFL64

Man, in a game this big, with so many stuff to do, so many quests, etc. and you are surprised that the game has some bugs? Really?

If you would be a PC gamer, better yet a gamer who remembers many PC exclusive titles in the past, than this problems with TW3 are compared to those nothing

This game stalls and crashes more than most AAA titles in recent memory.

CDPR did a shit job to be honest. The game is fun though.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Any game that has crashing that causes you to lose progress needs fixing asap. I love the game too but jeez, that is not acceptable

MaddenNFL64

SO there is no 600 fix patch coming... because we already had it?

So what now?

CDPR, can we a get a hotfix for the crashing? Or an official statement?

Ushay

My biggest annoyance is the text size on X1, and to a minor extent the minor frame pacing that you occasionally see. If they fix those I'll be happy, otherwise really enjoying this game.

cjp

ummm.... uh oh. Good about the font size though.

... Well shit.

This doesn't make any sense.

Before I get into the nitty-gritty, know that a big patch with 600 changes - including improvements to graphics and graphical settings - was sent to certification today (Wednesday 20th May), and will take between five and seven days to clear. There will be patch notes covering it all.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

Gbraga

- crash fix

Being able to pause cutscenes would also be nice

EDIT: Oh, it's the day one patch? Makes sense, they did make Ultra more demanding in the day one patch than it was in the prerelease build.

Great that they're working on font size, though. I sit close to my TV so I can read, but it's not very comfortable.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Guys try to play the game from the witcher3.exe file as an administrator, it hasn't crashed for me since I started doing it that way.

Leonsito

1.0.3 is out, yeah

Changelog:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Patch 1.03 changelog:

Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
Fixes grass and foiliage popping that can occur after density parameters change
Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
Sharpen Postprocess settings extended from Off/On to Off/Normal/High
Improves menu handling
Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
Corrects an issue with stamina regeneration while sprinting
Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcurs when scrolling the map
Generally improves world map focus
Corrects a bug where player was able to fire bolts at friendly NPCs
Corrects an issue in dialog selections
Corrects some missing translations in the UI
Minor SFX improvements -Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
Rostan Muggs is back

There is this in the GOG Galaxy client, is this new?

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Patch 1.03 changelog:
Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
Fixes grass and foiliage popping that can occur after density parameters change
Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
Sharpen Postprocess settings extended from Off/On to Off/Normal/High
Improves menu handling
Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
Corrects an issue with stamina regeneration while sprinting
Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcurs when scrolling the map
Generally improves world map focus
Corrects a bug where player was able to fire bolts at friendly NPCs
Corrects an issue in dialog selections
Corrects some missing translations in the UI
Minor SFX improvements -Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
Rostan Muggs is back

Vashetti

Banned
Give us those patch notes then, you lucky sods. Sucks having to wait for certification. Hope Sony and MS give it priority.

Top Bottom