• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Witcher 3 Patch on the way with huge list of changes and graphics improvements

FLAguy954

Just read the article. This, in my opinion, is why CD Projekt Red don't deserve the same backlash as Ubisoft. This sort of honest, frank response is exactly what Ubisoft never does.

Except Ubisoft explained themselves after the downgrade backlash as well but most people dismissed it because they have a grudge against the company.

Anyways, that situation was a little different as Watch_Dogs was a cross-gen game and the reveal for the game came out before the current gen consoles were even on store shelves (akin to the OG MGS 4 reveal). Doesn't mean that the downgrade wasn't disappointing.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
damn it...

god damn it...

CFgSgxeUsAAlZsO.jpg:large

Fuck, that sucks.

Can you not have multiple saves on the PS4?

Skyzard

Banned
Don't have much interest in the graphical additions part of the PC patch tbh... I mean...grass density (already changeable via the ini file), hopefully draw distance scalers work for shadows too. The rest doesn't make too much of a difference with the artstyle, especially for the performance cost. I'd much rather they work on bug fixing and efficiency/smoothness.

viveks86 - it looks more cartoony at lower res when settings aren't as high as with sli titan x, as things tend to blur together.

They changed the visuals so the game could even run on peoples' hardware. They made the right decision. Games change during development. They came out swinging with an experimental renderer and had to cull it for performance reasons.

The only mistake they made was trusting their audience to not be a rabid pack of wolves.

How about the IN-GAME FOOTAGE notice on the VGX trailer. Or denying any negative changes until after release, and even then. Even claiming the game would look better in comparison.

Honestly, it's a good game, but the defense is getting grating with the insults towards people who don't appreciate being misled.

viveks86

Game is crazy gorgeous already, I wish the freaking 980ti was out. I'm tired of my 780ti

Should probably be coming out in a month or 2 right? Do you think you'll beat the game by then. Highly doubt I would. I have a feeling I'm gonna be playing this till fall! :D

Fuck, that sucks.

Can you not have multiple saves on the PS4?

you can. And the funny thing before this happened is i did an accidental new save file, then my original save gets corrupt at the quest. Granted though that accident save was 6 hours ago and tons of progress lost :-( better then nothing

name of the quest this glitch occurred once again is FOLLOWING THE THREAD. I am avoiding it for now

Damn, I feel for you.. How much hours put in?

38- 41 hours? if i had to guess.

God damn dude, i feel for you that is rough. Did it corrupt all of your saves, or did you only have one?

corrupted all my saves except the one accident save.

That's horrible I Feel for you..hope you didnt get too many hours in playing this game..thats why Im waiting for the patch to be released and I Really hope it comes out in the coming days because I wont be playing my X1 version til this is resolved

38-41 hours... well now 32-35 hours.
This game is a fantastic game, but now im paranoid about the bugs/glitches, and now corrupt saves.

ironcreed

Banned
Everything has been fine for me so far, other than a few dips here and there. But I will take all of the polishing I can for this game. It's going down as one of my all time greats.

A big patch incoming? Good.

I'm kinda glad Customs is still holding onto my copy. Should have a decent working version after my first set of exams and finished my internship report.

Klossen

Banned
I hope they fix performance for pre-Maxwell Nvidia cards. 770 benching worse than a 280X and 780 barely beating 960 is crazy. Something is wrong here.

you can. And the funny thing before this happened is i did an accidental new save file, then my original save gets corrupt at the quest. Granted though that accident save was 6 hours ago and tons of progress lost :-( better then nothing

name of the quest this glitch occurred once again is FOLLOWING THE THREAD. I am avoiding it for now

38- 41 hours? if i had to guess.

corrupted all my saves except the one accident save.

38-41 hours... well now 32-35 hours.
This game is a fantastic game, but now im paranoid about the bugs/glitches, and now corrupt saves.

Yeah and Im already paranoid about games crashing but hearing story about story about this game crashing, freezing, framerate issues, Im just going to wait til its fixed. I know it will be resolved, but the site doesnt specify that the fix will be for consoles as well, even though I assume it will be..so I will just wait
Dang, 36 hours just to have it crash, at least you have it saved so you can continue playing it again once the fix is released I cant wait to play it when everything is fixed

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
He is plainly saying Witcher 3 only on PC was never going to happen or be made. They only way Witcher 3 was gonna happen is if it came out on PC AND the consoles.

That's not how I read it...the Witcher 3 they ended up making wouldn't have been made without supporting consoles, but if they had gone PC only they would have made a very different game in terms of scope and scale. Not that it wouldn't have been made at all necessarily.

robgrab

I'll wait for the inevitable Enhanced Edition which will most likely include a DX12 patch once Windows 10 is released. These guys are well known for going back and improving graphics periodically. DX12 shold give them far more freedom to achieve their original vision.

Single player games needing patches are the worst trend. You don't stay with them as long as multiplayer games. The fixes to Bloodborne came 1 month after release. By then most had probably finished it.

As long as they don't patch out that neat Hairworks tweak for AMD cards I'll be happy.

Haha indeed. It's magical.
Coupled with the AA hairworks tweak from 3dguru, it's perfect. Hairworks on all ultra 30 fps on my old PC. I don't even dare to dream it.
Better Hairworks performance :
Main game folder > The Witcher 3\bin\config\base\rendering.ini
Search for > HairWorksAALevel (default its set to 8)
Choose 4 2 or 0 for good fps boost with hairworks active.
Choosing 2 instead of 8 gives around 10fps boost according to some people on steam.

Good to see them committed to support the game (as usual).
I don't mind the "downgrade" given how the game currently looks and runs but I'd love for them to reintroduce scraped stuff later on as they imply here. A DX12 EE would be cool.
Replaying Witcher 2 last week on ultra at 60fps with Ubersampling and infinite distance, it looked incredible even by current standards. That's the kind of scaling experience I want from this game: to look amazing today and to look amazing 5 years from now.

Without that fucking tiny font lol.

Something I was thinking about today that I'd love to see patched for consoles and pad PC players, better hotkeying for signs. At the moment you can have one sign assigned to R2 (or equivalent) at a time. Even as an option I'd like to see R2 used as a shift key for other buttons.

R2 + L2 - Quen
R2 + R1 - Ard
R2 + Square - Igni
R2 + Triangle - Yrden
R2 + Circle - Axii

Unless I've over looked something I don't think that would conflict with any exisiting controls functions and would mean all five signs at your finger tips.
Great idea. Hell, that's exactly how the Arkham games integrate bat gadgets into their fighting system.
The only shortcut available right now is guarding + dpad left/right lets you cycle between signs without bringing up the wheel.

Haunted

Sounds like I'll wait for that patch to hit before I start playing. And that Bloodborne expansion before I play that.

Good time to be patient.

Wonder how the PS4 version will improve, and if it's worth shelfing until the patch is released. I haven't really experienced any bugs, butter game does feel a bit janky and an improved experience is always a good thing.

Seeing as I've made it through the day one 'must have it!' hype, I'm happy to wait for the Gold edition with combat tweaks, all bug/performance fixes and DLC on disc in eight month's time.

I've still preordered Arkham Knight on faith though, so I can join in with the day/week/month one punishment for that :)

Vintage

I hope they nerf horse combat, it's way too op. Strong attack on enemy - 10-20% of damage, attack from horse - 50%.

big_z

Seeing as I've made it through the day one 'must have it!' hype, I'm happy to wait for the Gold edition with combat tweaks, all bug/performance fixes and DLC on disc in eight month's time.

this is how all witcher games have worked out. fucked at first but fixed well 8 or so months later. I have my copy sitting unopened, going to wait and see what this giant patch fixes. If it still runs poorly ill return it and maybe pick it up again when the gold edition arrives.

Need to lower the damage taken when Geralt jumps off a 2 foot ledge.

have you ever twisted your ankle? it fucking hurts.

Neidii

What I really want is a fix for all the random crashes. Especially annoying when they happen in the middle of main quest cutscenes so I cant wait for that patch.

this is how all witcher games have worked out. fucked at first but fixed well 8 or so months later. I have my copy sitting unopened, going to wait and see what this giant patch fixes. If it still runs poorly ill return it and maybe pick it up again when the gold edition arrives.

Yeah, I picked W2 on Steam when the gold edition came out, so I'm happy to trust that this will follow the same path of continued development.

have you ever twisted your ankle? it fucking hurts.

I did mine in once stepping off a bloody kerb.

I really hope NVidia fixes their driver as well. I keep getting crashes on Google Chrome! o_O

At this point, I'm not even sure if it's the game crashing or the drivers. Or both...

The game is crashing for you as well viveks? Mine is too... Hard to tell if it is my card... the driver... or the game!

Iztli

Man, fucking certification. If there's an inventory crash fix in there it needs to be released now.
I'm pretty you have done this but have you set the FPS to unlimited instead of 60?

I did that and I haven't frozen at all when reading/inventory.

Hope they can do something with the controls. Dial down the momentum/sensitivity stuff.

Truthfully, I'd just like a "run" button mapped. The issue of hitting a full blown sprint everywhere is bugging me. It's affecting my genuine enjoyment and appreciation for what CDPR has built so I'm only a couple of hours in and I've decided to hold off and see what this or the next patch (or mod) brings.

cripterion

why would they even entertain all the whining and crying about downgrade. "oh console held pc back...oh chimney has smoke..." come on. yes, we are at this level of whining it's pathetic.

Such a shitpost.

Hoping the patch comes quickly on pc. I haven't had crashes since I stopped using the ingame vsync and framelimiter but if anything they should make the game more stable for everyone out there. Oh and yeah give me normal Geralt hair and Hairworks on monsters (and furs?).

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Witcher 3 isn't completely broken, but honestly how can something basic like smooth camera panning be overlooked, 3 years of dev time, tons of QA and still an outcome like this. I'm fine with an occasional bug or glitch, games are complex, fine, but a basic system that every single player is gonna deal with and it's unpolished. Like wtf, devs lose all respect in my eyes. After all Witcher 2 on 360 was perfectly fine, didn't require day 1 patches and crap like that, what happened?

I'm actually more surprised how anyone didn't notice the bad character movement (controls), especially turning on tight cramped up spaces, it is like your character is in a mech or something trying to control it.
I hope the fix is in this big update.

Top Bottom