• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wolverine Trailer tweeted by Jackman

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Hm, I suppose so. Perhaps growing up on R-rated films has distorted my perception of what is appropriate for children :p

The MPAA is pretty random to be honest.

The Matrix films aren't gruesome either or have many swear words in them, they're all R.

The LOTR movies have beheadings and dismemberment. PG-13, for the kids!

All these movies were rated "suitable for all audiences" where I live. :p

Dalek

Yeah I think the content of Fury Road has more to the R Rating than any visual seen on screen. Really evil dude keeping slaves as wives and impregnating them. And just the sheer amount of violence and desolation.

Blader

The Wolverine was distinctly after X3 though, and before the timeline reset of DoFP. And the stinger to The Wolverine which preceded DoFP definitely did not explain how suddenly the world was wrecked in DoFP.

Well that's my point: The Wolverine, beyond a post-credits tag that didn't explain much of anything, didn't spend any of its story in trying to set up the next movie.

They need to figure out how to make actors jump and lunge without looking like they were on wires.

Deadpool is the only X-Men movie to avoid using wire-fu. But then again it comes from a director that has a background in making CG cinematic cutscenes for videogames and did a decent job blending cg together with live action.

But yeah, the mainline X-Men movies all feature the same type of wire work... Logan looks like it is going to be no exception based on the trailer. It doesn't bother me that much, and I find it kind of endearing in it's own cheesy way.

Idiocracy in real life.

idiocracy-tv-dvd.jpg

scoobs

He's currently doing the thing where he acts like he wants to quit so Fox realizes he's their most bankable star and throws a stack of money at him.

He is getting a bit old for the role, isn't he? I wouldn't be shocked if he hung the claws up after this film.

This looks good and I hope its good. I really like Wolverine as a comic book character so it be nice if he gets a good movie. The first one was meh. The second was okay.

Also this is in a different timeline? Have we been in this timeline?

Shaanyboi

Banned
This looks good and I hope its good. I really like Wolverine as a comic book character so it be nice if he gets a good movie. The first one was meh. The second was okay.

Also this is in a different timeline? Have we been in this timeline?

Just think of it as its own thing... Don't fret too much about the timeline.

Well, I guess whatever story this is from was after I stopped reading the X-Men, so at least I can't be disappointed like I have been with every other story Fox has taken from the comics. It looks rather depressing for a superhero movie though.

I've now seen two different spots that show the girl with claws exposed when she attacks the gas station clerk. I wonder if the scene with the soldiers is the first reveal.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I've now seen two different spots that show the girl with claws exposed when she attacks the gas station clerk. I wonder if the scene with the soldiers is the first reveal.
Yeah, I saw that too. I had a feeling they were supposed to be popped when she flipped him over, but they wanted to hide in the trailer for the cool reveal with the Mercs later on.

You can kinda tell the whole sequence of events there. Logan goes to a funeral, then comes back to his hide out, the girl is there somehow (maybe she tracked him down or Calliban brought her there?), the Reavers come looking for her, she fucks them up, the limo pursuit happens, they escape, then the gas station scene happens.

scoobs

Damn that is so badass. I don't know how I'm ever going to accept anyone else playing the role of Wolverine. Jackman is Wolverine, same as Downey is Ironman.

So is it fair to say that this movie could be great cause Singer isnt involved?

I cant stand that guy for a few reasons.

I mean okay X2 was good but what has he done in his Xmen films that were good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom