• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One Promotion (75$ Online Credit)

Yeah, I still think there's must be some catch.

Well from the responses some people have gotten from MS's customer support I'm pretty sure it's not been well communicated to Xbox support because every US XB1 purchaser having the option to get a $75 credit after jumping through some hoops sounds a little insane

RoKKeR

So even though I bought it day one, MS is still gonna hook me up here, right?

Haha nah this is a solid promotion. Again the system needs a base price cut but I guess they are making progress.

Canadian here. I've got the offer on my 360. Yet it looks like US only.

RrmDhNB.jpg

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
BeforeU could you possibly click further into the promotion to see the terms and services part? Curious if it lists available local retailers that will be participating in this offer

done. Turns out this is only for selective people. But I already have Xbox One wtf?

Link25ca

Neo Member
I'm seeing the message too and the basic fine print is buy a standard or bundle Xbox One in the month of July from MS store or any retailer and get $75 online store credit. You will get the credit by mid August and have a year to use it.

The deal is tied to the account and the Xbox must be your home console.

It says it is for the US only, but I'm in Canada and got the message so maybe it's all regions.

I'm seeing the message too and the basic fine print is buy a standard or bundle Xbox One in the month of July from MS store or any retailer and get $75 online store credit. You will get the credit by mid August and have a year to use it.

The deal is tied to the account and the Xbox must be your home console.

It says it is for the US only, but I'm in Canada and got the message so maybe it's all regions.

Crap. My June console rules me out... unless customer service takes pity on me. How do you prove when you bought it?

That's an odd credit. If it were me I'd just give people a free year of Xbox Live. At least that way those who never had it might get somewhat invested in it and will start subscribing.

So basically the people most likely to already own one.

No, basically the 360 customers with very active profiles or high gamerscore who they can tell have never played on an XB1.

I didn't get the message, and I've had gold for 7+ years, and have a respectable gamerscore. But, I bought the console launch week.

Skele7on

Banned
targeted advertising you're doing it wrong microsoft.

I have an Xbox One yet got this offer.

Confused?? Also live in the UK and got it on my UK account, although it used to be US till I switched it back to UK, which now causes me all sorts of errors with Xbox Rewards

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So anyone figured this out yet? I don't think this has anything to do with how many years you have had Xbox Live. My friend got 360 last year, so he is been on gold for less than a year.

Engadget is reporting this now.

Yep and both Gaf and beforeu are quoted

http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/08/microsoft-xbox-one-upgrade-gift/

If you've pondered buying an Xbox One but have felt a sense of loyalty to your Xbox 360, Microsoft is very keen to help you make the switch. As spotted by user BeforeU on NeoGAF the company is running a new promotion that gifts its "very best customers" with a $75 promotional code if they buy an Xbox One or any Xbox One bundle. It appears that not everyone is eligible for the offer, with Microsoft only targeting a subset of Xbox 360 owners across the US ahead of its July 31st deadline. However, there's no word on whether the promotion will come to other countries. To find out if you qualify, turn on your Xbox 360 and make sure it's connected to Xbox Live. If you've been selected, you can order a (full-priced) console from any retailer and Microsoft will credit your Xbox account with $75, as long as you redeem your voucher code by October 15th. That'll cover you for at least one Xbox One game like Destiny, ensuring your game collection gets off to a good start.

Bgamer90

Banned
Believe that both Xbox One SKUs (kinect and kinect less) should be ~$100 less so this is a pretty good deal if true.

I know one thing. Xbox One may be behind Sony, but it sure as hell isn't for Microsoft's lack of trying!!

I have to respect the depth and variety of value adds and discount offers they have been trying, and going right to current 360 owners like this really is brilliant.

Scottiths

Banned
Hummm... I have an xbox one. I was wondering though; what if you bought an x1 at target, got the code, and returned it unopened to get your money back. Free $75?

glaurung

Oh Microsoft. Even when you try to be good, you are the most evil still.

*bought a new Xbox One during E3, angry that this stuff wasn't live then*

I haven't been an XBL Gold subscriber in many many moons, but I think I have 40k gamerscore or so. I don't really remember.

I'll boot up the old 360 and see if I get this message.

RPGam3r

Oh Microsoft. Even when you try to be good, you are the most evil still.

*bought a new Xbox One during E3, angry that this stuff wasn't live then*

All companies are evil with this logic. Deals, sales, price drops etc. are common.

Kelsey

Banned
Believe that both Xbox One SKUs (kinect and kinect less) should be ~$100 less so this is a pretty good deal if true.

I agree. And it seems like the public agrees since the Kinectless sku doesnt appear to be selling well at all. Amazon doesnt even stock Wii Us and it's out-selling every iteration of Xbox One right now. MS should be offering this deal to everyone, not select consumers.

RotBot

This would be a killer deal if a good sale comes up within the end of the month. In the last 2 weeks, the Kinect bundle + free game has been as low as $430 and Kinectless has been as low as $360.

I haven't been an XBL Gold subscriber in many many moons, but I think I have 40k gamerscore or so. I don't really remember.

I'll boot up the old 360 and see if I get this message.

Well I think you can disregard gamerscore as I have a weak ass under 20,000 and I got the offer. Had a 360 since launch day (have 2 systems) and have been gold for probably 75% of the time since then. I do have a shit load of games on demand titles though, so I'm probably considered a good digital customer.

Well from the responses some people have gotten from MS's customer support I'm pretty sure it's not been well communicated to Xbox support because every US XB1 purchaser having the option to get a $75 credit after jumping through some hoops sounds a little insane

Over on CAG it was discussed that this was for Xbox One's purchased in July. That guy that called support and got the run around to try and get the $75 for an Xbox One he bought a while ago, was never confirmed to get the actual $75, looks like he got just that, the run around. Go post on the forums, customer support told him, lol.

I am sure it is only going to pertain to this month, and then maybe they switch it up and extend it later. We will see.

ironcreed

Banned
I did not receive any message, but I just ordered an Xbox One with Kinect on the 4th of July and it will be here Thursday. This sure would be a nice bonus.

No, basically the 360 customers with very active profiles or high gamerscore who they can tell have never played on an XB1.

I didn't get the message, and I've had gold for 7+ years, and have a respectable gamerscore. But, I bought the console launch week.

It sounds like you are completely wrong here. Did you miss this post on the first page of this thread? The user below has only owned a 360 for 6 months AND owns an Xbox One and still got the promo.

It is "basically" as you put it, random, or so it appears.

Saw it too on my 360. I'm guessing pretty much everyone is eligible since I've had my 360 for less than 6 months. Already have an Xbox one though.

Kelsey

Banned
I did not receive any message, but I just ordered an Xbox One with Kinect on the 4th of July and it will be here Thursday. This sure would be a nice bonus.
Just make sure you go into settings and mark the console as your home console. That appears to be the only way they ask for you to prove you purchased it in July.

I think you missed this promo by 3 days, you have to buy one started on or after July 7th through July 31st. .

Ricker

What are the 50 U.S. and DC....what is D.C...I got this but I am in Canada so its not good...? why did they even send this to me then...

zeorhymer

I logged onto my xbox 360, and saw a large ad offering me a 75$ xbox promotional code with the purchase of an xbox one. I already had purchased an xbox one in the first week of release. so I went on the xbox support chat to inquire about getting the promo code for my xbox one. they assured me it was an option and gave me customer supports number. so I called them and after 45 mins on hold and being shuffled around, I was told to post in xbox rewards forum to be given a code. and then now they've told me to post in this forum.

Why do early adopters think that they can get a retroactive discount/promo a full 8 months after the fact? I'm surprised the person didn't ask for the $100 difference when MS decided to slash the price. A few days or even a week would be understandable, but 8 months...I don't think so.

Kelsey

Banned
I think you missed this promo by 3 days, you have to buy one started on or after July 7th through July 31st. .
No receipt required. Just marking a new console as Home between the 7th and 31st. As long as he didn't mark it as such yet, he's fine.

geordiemp

Maybe its the start of a console price war in US ?

Nearly all the consoles have been down in recent months I believe ?

Top Bottom