• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox will be '5 times more powerful' than PS4 Neo (Rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring the fact that the rumor is likely false, to achieve that level of power would basically mean it's going to be a PC in a box. Might be cheaper for the them to go that route, even allow them to price it comparatively cheaper than one might expect if they can strike a deal with the manufacturers.

zQFKt5q.jpg

5 TIMES WCW CHAMPION

5 times

Ignoring the fact that the rumor is likely false, to achieve that level of power would basically mean it's going to be a PC in a box. Might be cheaper for the them to go that route, even allow them to price it comparatively cheaper than one might expect if they can strike a deal with the manufacturers.

And use that to push Windows 10 for gaming. Boom!

bidguy

Banned
the same thing was said when the rumors about durango and whatever ps4 codename was and it turned out to be complete bullshit

pretty sure we would have heard from devs or amd if something this big was coming

H3xum

Zero point zero chance of this

Unless

The new console is just a straight up PC, which, given how they are merging all of their platforms might be a thing. A PC that plays XBO games.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What would be the point?

And use that to push Windows 10 for gaming. Boom!

Could you imagine if it was just an ATX tower? lol Would love to see peoples reactions to the announcement!

EDIT: Just realized I described it as basically being a, "PC in a box" which from my life experience has been every PC I ever used lol!

Just a steam box alternative at that point. Interesting.

I just really hope they decide to name it Xbox One Two. To be perfectly honest it's the only reason I'd consider buying one.

Edit:

OK I'll bite. Given the Neo is rumored to be 4TF, what kind of PC hardware does it take to go 5x over that? Can you even fit it on a box that's not the size of a full tower? Like is that realistically possible?

Those are genuine questions by the way, I'm not that knowledgeable on PC hardware these days.

Zero chance of this happening. It would be a new console and mark a new console generation at that level of power. I'm with everyone else; the source is not legit.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
PS4k has a 4.2 Tflop GPU and has around 150 Gflops of CPU power. 5x that is over 20Tflops.

In short lololol.

PlayStation 4k with 4,2 TFlop

4,2 TFlop * 5 = 21 TFlop

21 TFlop = 1.3x AMD Radeon Pro Duo (16 TFlop) for 1.499 USD

1.3x AMD Radeon Pro Duo = new Xbox power = never. neeeever.

RowdyReverb

Could you imagine if it was just an ATX tower? lol Would love to see peoples reactions to the announcement!

EDIT: Just realized I described it as basically being a, "PC in a box" which from my life experience has been every PC I ever used lol!
You were thinking outside of the box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom