• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox will be '5 times more powerful' than PS4 Neo (Rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilau

This is an old rumor which isn't too far removed from the misterxmedia shit in terms of level of reliability.

I was thinking it sounds like something misterxmedia would post, espicially about how much untapped power there still is in the xbone.

I won't pretend I know what any of these companies are going to do, but this seems unlikely to me.

Femto.

alex-valle.png

Valle's face goes with everything.

heres the thing guys

we already have the XboX NeXt ;)

back in 2013 ms showed their console off to developers and showed the true power of the Xbox One and they pushed back. They had already accepted their checks from $ony and said that they wouldn't work on the Xbox One All-in-One Entertainment System unless it was less powerful than Sonys.

Microsoft agreed to save face for the fans so they could get their games, but the contract for Sonys more power agreement ends in November 3 years after launch. After that Microsoft reveals the XboX NeXt. Which is already in every single Xbox One right now. Once they release the clock limitations on the CPU and the secret 2nm NASA developed GPU underneath the current GPU heads will roll. 10TF is being modest btw, this thing will be more powerful than any PC on the market ;)

DieH@rd

Banned
~15TF, that would be in the range of full AMD Vega GPU.

This would happen only if MS went full on nuclear with their response on "resolution gate". Stronger CPU, Vega GPU, HBM2.... which would easily be 250+W.

Possible [MS likes to solve problems with money], but really not probable.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I love how they can't even get the math between 4-5x Neo and the 10tflops right (it would be 20+ if they did the math properly).

omonimo

Banned
I don't know how reliable is it but it seems to me that many people here didn't even read the first sentence of the article:

"Microsoft's new Xbox, codenamed Xbox NeXt, won't be a mid-cycle upgrade--it'll be a fully fledged next-gen console with higher-end PC-grade hardware"

XBNext won't be a xb1.5, but a full xb2, so it makes totally sense that it's more powerful than the ps4.5
Of course. If they release it in 2018, it is feasible maybe. The same Leadbetter said it's impossible to release a better console of neo until the next 2 years.

I don't know how reliable is it but it seems to me that many people here didn't even read the first sentence of the article:

"Microsoft's new Xbox, codenamed Xbox NeXt, won't be a mid-cycle upgrade--it'll be a fully fledged next-gen console with higher-end PC-grade hardware"

XBNext won't be a xb1.5, but a full xb2, so it makes totally sense that it's more powerful than the ps4.5, i don't know what 5x more powerful really means though.

Oh well, that settles it. It's all true. All of it.

heres the thing guys

we already have the XboX NeXt ;)

back in 2013 ms showed their console off to developers and showed the true power of the Xbox One and they pushed back. They had already accepted their checks from $ony and said that they wouldn't work on the Xbox One All-in-One Entertainment System unless it was less powerful than Sonys.

Microsoft agreed to save face for the fans so they could get their games, but the contract for Sonys more power agreement ends in November 3 years after launch. After that Microsoft reveals the XboX NeXt. Which is already in every single Xbox One right now. Once they release the clock limitations on the CPU and the secret 2nm NASA developed GPU underneath the current GPU heads will roll. 10TF is being modest btw, this thing will be more powerful than any PC on the market ;)

And P.T. in its final form will emerge from the depths of the One OS...game over $ony!!

GHG

XBNext won't be a xb1.5, but a full xb2, so it makes totally sense that it's more powerful than the ps4.5, i don't know what 5x more powerful really means though.

It looks to me like you are doing 2+2 and getting 5.

Durante

You don't even need to consider the source to judge this rumor.

It's simply not possible in a console form factor before 2018 at the earliest.

iNvid02

yeah, and phil spencer is going to come running on stage and start foaming at the mouth shouting "YOU WANT POWER, HERES POWER FOR YOU" as he rips off his clothes and dances around the XBOX NEXT podium which rises from under the stage

Carlius

Banned
is it really that far fetched of an idea? if its architecture is as close as a PC, why not release a console with very high specs at higher price? i really dont see an issue with it. Its not like a decent PC is so expensive nowadays. You can get something very decent for 800 bucks.

SerTapTap

I just want to say that Xbox render is AMAZING. The logo isn't even straight. How did they even manage to tilt it on accident? All the sources for that icon are level.

Asd202

is it really that far fetched of an idea? if its architecture is as close as a PC, why not release a console with very high specs at higher price? i really dont see an issue with it. Its not like a decent PC is so expensive nowadays. You can get something very decent for 800 bucks.

Such GPU dosen't exist?

omonimo

Banned
I want this to happen just to see the reactions.
The level of frustration of this post it's really palpable. I mean for what reason exactly? To see the sony pony fans drops tears? Though until 2018 it's impossible to AMD build such performance on console.

GHG

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom