• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York City |OT| GAF's Guide to the Greatest City in the World - Meetup on 18th

beat

If you're looking for something cheaper with reservations available I thought batard was reasonable, and heard good things about contra

Cool. Both sound nice; thanks for the heads-up!

I'm visiting for the Del Close Marathon and then staying a few more days afterwards. I figure I'll try to catch more improv most evenings, but anything else should I do in the daytime? Preferably beat-the-heat stuff.

Need some emergency help!

Where can I buy men's cuff links near the World Trade Center path? Need to pick them up during lunch tomorrow.

Jhoan

Need some emergency help!

Where can I buy men's cuff links near the World Trade Center path? Need to pick them up during lunch tomorrow.
There's a Men's Warehouse in the area or at Century 21 which also has cheap/discounted cuff links on sale. Pick one.

Jhoan

So I mentioned before that I plan on rebooting this thread by making a new one. I've begun work on it. I'm going to use the original OP since it's already fantastic (and it saves me a ton of time) but update it with new information and add in a few new sections since some of the stuff is outdated.

Expect a section dedicated to the NYC GAF meet ups to stay intact but with links to past threads detailing its early beginnings to the latest one which was this month last year. I hope to have the thread up by some time tonight if not then by Sunday in the OT section so that gathers a lot of views and eventually becomes an active community thread.

With that being said, these are the possible thread titles that I've come up with in the mean time that folks are welcome to vote on:

Code:
1.NYC GAF |OT| AKA Gotham City, AKA Empire City, AKA Liberty City 
2.NYC GAF |OT| The city that appears in your favorite TV shows, movies, comics, songs, and video games
3.NYC GAF |OT| Made in New York
4.NYC GAF |OT| If you call it Avenue of the Americas, you're doing it wrong
3.NYC GAF |OT| I <3 NY 
4.NYC GAF |OT| While my Metrocard gently weeps
5.NYC GAF |OT| Bill de Blasio's A Tale of 2 Cities 
6.NYC GAF |OT| Diverse City
7.NYC GAF |OT| I sure can go for an authentic slice of NY Pizza at Sbarro's
8.NYC GAF |OT| The only city where EviLore got dry humped in Times Square
9.NYC GAF |OT| NYC GAF |OT| Asian, Middle-Eastern and Latin Black, White, New York we make it happen
10.NYC GAF |OT| Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Staten From the Battery to....Manhattan
11.NYC GAF |OT| It's hell of a town 
12.NYC GAF |OT| Home to Rockstar North and Avalanche Studios

Haha, those thread titles are pretty good. I live in California, but got the chance to visit NY in April to visit my grandparents, who live in Queens. It was pretty fun. I wish I could ever get a chance to live there.

bob page

So I mentioned before that I plan on rebooting this thread by making a new one. I've begun work on it. I'm going to use the original OP since it's already fantastic (and it saves me a ton of time) but update it with new information and add in a few new sections since some of the stuff is outdated.

Expect a section dedicated to the NYC GAF meet ups to stay intact but with links to past threads detailing its early beginnings to the latest one which was this month last year. I hope to have the thread up by some time tonight if not then by Sunday in the OT section so that gathers a lot of views and eventually becomes an active community thread.

With that being said, these are the possible thread titles that I've come up with in the mean time that folks are welcome to vote on:

Code:
1.NYC GAF |OT| AKA Gotham City, AKA Empire City, AKA Liberty City 
2.NYC GAF |OT| The city that appears in your favorite TV shows, movies, comics, songs, and video games
3.NYC GAF |OT| Made in New York
4.NYC GAF |OT| If you call it Avenue of the Americas, you're doing it wrong
3.NYC GAF |OT| I <3 NY 
4.NYC GAF |OT| While my Metrocard gently weeps
5.NYC GAF |OT| Bill de Blasio's A Tale of 2 Cities 
6.NYC GAF |OT| Diverse City
7.NYC GAF |OT| I sure can go for an authentic slice of NY Pizza at Sbarro's
8.NYC GAF |OT| The only city where EviLore got dry humped in Times Square
9.NYC GAF |OT| NYC GAF |OT| Asian, Middle-Eastern and Latin Black, White, New York we make it happen
10.NYC GAF |OT| Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Staten From the Battery to....Manhattan
11.NYC GAF |OT| It's hell of a town 
12.NYC GAF |OT| Home to Rockstar North and Avalanche Studios

I gladly pass the torch, good sir!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
As much as I love the Beastie Boys, I'd suggest:

NYC GAF |OT| The Bronx is up and the Battery's down

NYC GAF |OT| People ride in a hole in the ground

Blunoise

Guys where would be the neighborhood to move to for a single in the Tech field( also changing careers to web development)who is considering moving to NYC? I'm looking at places that are hip in Brooklyn or Queens, also rent range from $1000-2000? Any suggestions

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Guys where would be the neighborhood to move to for a single in the Tech field( also changing careers to web development)who is considering moving to NYC? I'm looking at places that are hip in Brooklyn or Queens, also rent range from $1000-2000? Any suggestions

Brooklyn.... or Queens lol

Prospect area, Ocean Prkw, Bushwick, Dumbo..

Top Bottom