• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda 3DS Impressions and Gameplay footage

serplux

Pyl0Qpc.jpg

:lol

:lol

It doesn't exist if it doesn't release in North America, you know. :p

Hobbun

Demo... Who's to say the demo is actually a dungeon from the game?
It could be like the RE Revelations demo. It used assets from the game, but that sequence wasn't part of the full game.

I really hope you are right.

Like duckroll, I hope it would be a larger dungeon than shown in the demo. Also, I hope
Moldrom
was just a boss used for the demo, would hate for them to re-use bosses, even if it is the same world.

This looks so good. The dungeon music from A Link to the Past has always been my favorite dungeon music. It's actually the only one I really care about.

I love the fluidity and the lack of control being taken away. I do think finding standalone keys shouldn't warrant a prompt, though. I'm about to hop on Miiverse just to relay some thoughts on Aonuma's announcement. It'll probably fall on deaf ears, but the fact that I even entertain using Miiverse is quite an accomplishment.

I like how we're already seeing the limitations of Link's ability to turn into a drawing.

CorvoSol

The last boss fight(s) made me hate the touch screen controls. Most infuriated I have ever been in a Zelda game. So glad they're dropping that style for this one.

OH MAN YES. I absolutely love Spirit Tracks but that final battle singlehandedly illustrates all that is wrong with stylus controls.

I really hope you are right.

Like duckroll, I hope it would be a larger dungeon than shown in the demo. Also, I hope
Moldrom
was just a boss used for the demo, would hate for them to re-use bosses, even if it is the same world.
I feel the same way, and I really hope you don't always have infinite arrows. Please let the enchanted quiver be an item similar to the red armor in TP...
something you never HAVE to use, but a cool find later in the game

The game actually seems a little early. There are quite a few missing sound effects (like the warping or fanfare after beating a boss). I look forward to seeing what it will be like when complete.

Not a huge fan of the music (I was never a fan of most LttP music, anyway), but it's still better than most dungeon music in recent 3D Zeldas.

zruben

Banned
Erm, I don't think it's orchestrated. I could be wrong, but it just sounds like a really really good midi that emulates real horns. It sounds fantastic though.

I hope they are midi and they do that thing that the music changes dinamically when you hit an enemy. I love that feature.

khaaan

I'm really loving the sound direction. It took me a while to realize what the dungeon theme was, and when I did my mind was blow. Aside from that though, I love that they even went as far back as updating sound effects like falling into a pit or picking up rupees for this game.

The music is fantasic.

If the sanctuary theme is that good I can't wait to see what they do with the Hyrule Castle or Dark World themes.

I'd take high quality MIDI over orchestration for a LTTP sequel any day of the week.

Thanks for rounding all these videos up, Xenodude.

This game looks really fun. It looks like all they got to play was that one dungeon, though. I'm looking forward to seeing other areas at E3.

DaBoss

Wouldn't Ganon as the final boss be sort of...dumb?

"Hey it's been like 12 years and I'm back, what's up"

What if...this takes place in the timeline that OoX Link fails to prevent the resurrection and Ganon is revived? Man Links in this timeline branch are pretty unlucky. :lol

kunonabi

Man this music sounds amazing. I really shouldn't have listened to it because the wait is going to be unbearable now.

Dr.Hadji

OH MAN YES. I absolutely love Spirit Tracks but that final battle singlehandedly illustrates all that is wrong with stylus controls.

Don't see the problem with any sequence during the last boss battle in ST. There were a couple of high precision actions required, they weren't hard because of touch controls it was hard because it was meant to be challenging. Could have done the same thing with with super tight frame windows to execute and button presses. Still would have been challenging, still might have had to retry a few times. You just would have felt ok blaming yourself instead of the controls.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Erm, I don't think it's orchestrated. I could be wrong, but it just sounds like a really really good midi that emulates real horns. It sounds fantastic though.

Oh, yeah, I have no idea if it's legit orchestrated, but it's orchestral instrument sounds. It's like same thing... uh... kinda.

Oh, yeah, I have no idea if it's legit orchestrated, but it's orchestral instrument sounds. It's like same thing... uh... kinda.

It's not orchestrated, but it's higher quality than SNES for sure. I guess that's sort of a given, but it's nice anyway. It's a shame it's not orchestrated, because The Dark World theme is boss on that Orchestra CD.

Roc's Cape/Feather has to be in this game. It's just too obvious.
I hope so! Roc's Cape/Feather have always been my favorite tool in any Zelda game, after that is the Beetle from Skyward Sword :p I wonder if it'll seem redundant though, since the Hammer handles jumping (although in a contextual manner).

Wow the music is great. Love it - gorgeous remix of the dungeon theme.

Nice to hear great dungeon music in a Zelda game again after how ho-hum they've been lately.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
TiLMEN from Nintendomination says it's 60fps both in 2D and 3D.

TreIII

Wouldn't Ganon as the final boss be sort of...dumb?

"Hey it's been like 12 years and I'm back, what's up"

What if...this takes place in the timeline that OoX Link fails to prevent the resurrection and Ganon is revived? Man Links in this timeline branch are pretty unlucky. :lol

According to the Hyrule Historia, that's exactly the case. LTTP takes place in the timeline where the Hero of Time lost, thus leading to Ganon getting all pieces of the Triforce, the Imprisoning War, yadda yadda. Apparently, the Oracle games (where Ganon was "faux-revived") also take place after LTTP, then Awakening.

So, depending on where exactly "LTTP2" stands to take place in relation to all these other games, it wouldn't be totally out of place for Ganon to somehow come back into the picture. Twinrova almost accomplished it at the end of the Oracle games, so I guess anything goes in a world where prophecies come out of the woodwork and history has a knack for repeating itself.

But beyond all that...I miss fighting the Big Blue Boar. He's a hallmark of the series for me, and Zelda just hasn't been the same for me with him being second fiddle to Ganondorf.

Top Bottom