• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newegg: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) listed for November 28th release date

Yeah, something is definitely going down soon. GT is getting a new site

gran-turismo.com will soon be undergoing a site renewal. Details are as follows:

Renewal Date:
April 17, 2013

Contents and Services Ending in this Renewal:
- Gallery (Video images will still be available for viewing on the official YouTube channel)
- Download of press assets
- Online related FAQ's for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
- Gran Turismo TV programming introduction pages
* Gran Turismo TV within Gran Turismo 5 will continue to be available.

Target renewal regions:
- Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan
**Site renewals for other regional sites will be notified at a later date.

And of course we will continue to bring you the latest information regarding Gran Turismo after the site renewal. Thank you for your continued support.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/sg/news/d21222.html

untitled1sjux2.gif

I don't think I would want to drop a huge PS3 game in the same month when I'm trying to pimp out my shiny new next-gen system.

8byte

Banned
Best call for Sony. I don't get how people are up in arms about this.

Sony needs money. Money will come from this. That money will be funneled back into GT7 (?) development. Why on earth would they sink tons of cash into a game that could potentially cost more than it makes?

This engine is already around, the assets are there, it's much easier for them to publish it on PS3. I want Sony to be around for a long time, not take risks just so they can satiate hungry gamers who, more than likely, have no intention of buying on launch day anyway to get a new Gran Turismo.

jabuseika

I don't think I would want to drop a huge PS3 game in the same month when I'm trying to pimp out my shiny new next-gen system.

Why not?

Reduce the PS3 Price, Drop down some hot new games, Beyond Two Souls, Last of Us, Grant Turismo 6.

Make the PS3 go out with a bang.

Also it makes sense business wise, they are still making PS3s that they need to sell, and this would kill the WiiU competition completely for the Holidays.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Why not?

Reduce the PS3 Price, Drop down some hot new games, Beyond Two Souls, Last of Us, Grant Turismo 6.

Makes sense business wise, and it would kill the WiiU competition completely for the Holidays.
Drop some hot new games, sure. Don't drop your biggest IP and console trump card.

Az

I don't know if I can go through another GT release date drama. The last one took a toll on me.

Strike

Still hoping it's not true. Out of the 3 systems they have in production right now, PS3 would need it the least.

UberTag

The biggest Sony franchise around the time of PS4 release? It's like they want a bad start.
More like Sony is expecting a bad start for the PS4 because it'll be cost-prohibitive (especially in Europe and Japan) and they want to have a slam dunk sure thing product with appeal to a massive install base to drive revenue and bring in money while PS4 gets off the ground.

Oddly enough, I think Sony is right on the money here. My hope is that we get a Cross-Buy version on VITA to go along with it.

Donos

first i thought this is stupid (sony lol) but if they combine this with a bundle and a pricedrop this is easy cash. Someone willing to buy a cheap PS3 has not to be the same person potentially forking out 400€+ for a new system.

More like Sony is expecting a bad start for the PS4 because it'll be cost-prohibitive (especially in Europe and Japan) and they want to have a slam dunk sure thing product with appeal to a massive install base to drive revenue and bring in money while PS4 gets off the ground.

Oddly enough, I think Sony is right on the money here. My hope is that we get a Cross-Buy version on VITA to go along with it.

Gamestop is expecting shortages.

jabuseika

Exactly, they don't know how the PS4 will turn out, you don't build a business on uncertainty. They have this massive install base with the PS3, why not make use of it for the upcoming holidays.

UberTag

that would means Drive Club funeral
Drive Club is getting a funeral whether Sony releases GT6 or not.
Racing games of that stature don't command the same appeal in the west and the PS4 won't be a huge draw elsewhere on the globe where racing games hold more stock.
The audience they can draw from is even further limited when you factor in, as Metalmurphy noted, the likelihood of hardware shortages.

Drive Club's best case scenario is that it bangs PGR3 numbers at launch. GT6 won't affect that. And the hardcore racing enthusiasts will pick up both.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

Easy money from the EU who doesn't get the PS4 yet to help fund the GT6 PS4 edition.

UberTag

hahahhahahhaaahha gt6 will get owned by fortza durango and drive club. the graphics alone will blow gt away
And GT6 on PS3 will sell more copies and generate more revenue than both of them combined. Somehow I don't think they'll feel too bad about losing the war of graphic eye candy.

The_Monk

If this comes near the PS4 release date + Drive Club... I mean, it's not a matter if I can afford it but there's just no time. There's just no time for all this!

whycan'tIholdthisgames.jpg

I wonder if this will be the mistake that final gets SCE to step in and tell PD to short there shit out.

A ps3 GT game launching next to the ps4 just seems like a disaster for both GT AND the ps4

I have no clue as to how Polyphony would fit GT6 onto a 4GB Vita game card. That platform really should have had a Gran Turismo by now, but hey, Sony.

I am sure Sony would love GT on vita but Polyphony just does what it wants while they still pop out 10 million sellers.

Takao

Banned

I have no clue as to how Polyphony would fit GT6 onto a 4GB Vita game card. That platform really should have had a Gran Turismo by now, but hey, Sony.

shandy706

Ugh, please tell me there is a Vita version!?

I'm not buying GT6 for the PS3 with a next gen Forza 5 dropping anytime near it.

I wonder if this will be the mistake that final gets SCE to step in and tell PD to short there shit out.

A ps3 GT game launching next to the ps4 just seems like a disaster for both GT AND the ps4

You're assuming that Sony isn't okay with this. Are you forgetting that Naughty Dog is launching their new IP in the same year as the PS4? Even though the start of a generation is viewed as being the best time to launch new IP. The PS3 probably still has another 10m+ left in it. Especially once the price drop happens. Put GT6 on top of that and they're in pretty good shape to continue turning a solid profit with that console.

Doesn't make sense that it wouldn't hit PS4 as well and/or a Prologue edition which they've done since forever?

I'd be shocked if it drops this year

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???

The install base for PS3 is obviously why they are going this route, its guaranteed money but the timing really couldnt be worse.

Tagg9

Even if they did plan for the game to release in November, knowing GT development we probably wouldn't get it until Late 2014 (at the earliest).

Top Bottom