• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newegg: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) listed for November 28th release date

Remember guys, the game doesn't even officially exist yet. No way they are announcing it at E3 and not releasing it for PS4 as well.

Kerub

Banned
If it's true, a big part of the Europe audience is going to skip the PS4 and just go with GT6 for the holiday.

E3 will be a PS4 event. They have to announce GT6 at this point. Why show PS3 games at a PS4 event? No way this is PS3 only. Cross-gen at the very least.

1) E3 will not be a PS4 event. You'll see PS3, you'll see Vita, you may even see PSP.
2) They can announce it before E3
3) They can announce it after E3

Sony, PD

tumblr_m8ro669bcV1qhk6l1.gif

Cross gen believe!

Remember guys, the game doesn't even officially exist yet. No way they are announcing it at E3 and not releasing it for PS4 as well.

Really? In fact I'm picturing just that. No doubt the PS4 will be the spotlight for Sony this E3, but when it comes time for them to push the PS3 angle, they'll no doubt mention its value with games like Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us, Puppeteer, and now, I imagine, GT6. The PS4 has plenty of games waiting for it.

If it's true, a big part of the Europe audience is going to skip the PS4 and just go with GT6 for the holiday.

Are we sure PS4 won't be delayed in the markets that buy GT games the most? Maybe GT6 can be a "consolation" to those having to wait on PS4 til 2014 in Europe.

1) E3 will not be a PS4 event. You'll see PS3, you'll see Vita, you may even see PSP.
Focus will be on PS4. GT6 for PS3 only makes zero sense. It will happen on PS4, not during launch obviously but it will happen.

Takao

Banned

We barely even saw Vita last E3, we're not seeing PSP ever again outside of SCEJ's depressing shows.

Racer30

Its not possible to be stupid enough to release gt6 on a lastgen system alongside a nextgen system.

Not to mention the fact that Microsoft will probably have Forza 5 ready on a nextgen system at the same time frame. I`m afraid gt will be murdered :/

I`m a big gran turismo fan, but not hyped for gt6 ps3!

sense

come on people they are making a sizable profit with the ps3 hardware and they would want to push more of ps3 at this time because more than likely they are going to be losing money on ps4 initially. this is just smart business. if only they find a way to have a backwards compatible option for ps4 for the enthusiasts like an add on or something. they have ps4 to compete with nextbox and ps3 to compete with the big guns that are going to come for wii u as well. the price conscious will be tempted to pick up either ps3, 360 or wii u and the hardcore will pick up either ps4 or nextbox. what this means is that wii u is going to get screwed.

VXLbeast

Certainly Sony is smarter than me, but what in God's name are they doing releasing a God of War and Gran Turismo game--some of their only system sellers--right before a new console launch? This seems...ludicrous.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

PS3 and Vita will be reduced to 5 minute montages at E3. Did Vita get any focus last year?

DEADEVIL

Why would people be shocked to see GT6 on the PS3?

PS1: GT1 & GT2

PS2: GT3 & GT4

PS3: GT5 & GT6

PS4: GT7 & GT8

Because GTP and GT5 have been out this gen and people assumed this would be for the PS4 as a must have launch. Which it very well may end up being.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
GT6 on PS3 after PS4 is released without BC is an incredibly boneheaded move. GoWII worked since PS3s could play it.

Remember how many people were saying all the positive things Sony has been doing since the PS 4 reveal will lead up to a big "facepalm" moment?

Here it is dudes, the grandest of fuckups, if true

Really? In fact I'm picturing just that. No doubt the PS4 will be the spotlight for Sony this E3, but when it comes time for them to push the PS3 angle, they'll no doubt mention its value with games like Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us, Puppeteer, and now, I imagine, GT6. The PS4 has plenty of games waiting for it.
That all makes sense, but announcing a new game for an "old" console only at that point doesn't. They would have announced it last year instead.

They are waiting till now since obviously it will happen on PS4 as well. They show a trailer of an awesome looking racing game, GT6, crowd goes wild, PS3 logo only? Nope.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
That would be odd if they released GT6 current gen against a next gen racer on a competing console.

Not just that, they will be launching a current gen game against not only a competing franchise on a competing next-gen console, but their own next-gen console with a new IP, talk about overshadowing.

I feel really sorry for Evolution is this does all go down like this, they aren't going to pull any GT fans over to PS4 if they are busy playing a brand new release of GT on PS3. Terrible decision imo, and it just means a Gran Turismo game for PS4 will be even further away.

If it's true, I'm only half disappointed. The other half is happy because I won't need to buy a whole new system.

I just hope the game is more technically sound than GT5.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just cannot wrap my head around this. Beyond and Puppeteer make sense for late gen releases since they're not major franchises but GT6 is the biggest thing Sony has. Not only would this hurt PS4 adoption but it'll kill Drive Club.

Top Bottom