• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Mass Effect 3 DLC has "high potential for tears"

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Will the colour of the puppy depend on if you are paragon or renegade?

Yup. And according to the indoc theory, if the puppy barks it means Shep is indoctrinated.

An interesting plot line is introduced. It is concluded in such away as not to invalidate the shitty ending

Starchild: U MAD?

*tears*

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
me too

Lets kill off Liara..
Please no. If they had killed her in ME2 I wouldn't have protested much, as she was behaving like an asshole. But in ME3 she was a lot nicer (though still not ME1-like nice), and I'd be genuinely sad to see her die.

James Vega, on the other hand...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Dear Lord, how many DLCs can this game have?

I know right? Such an unfinished game, and it shows!

RionaaM said:
Please no. If they had killed her in ME2 I wouldn't have protested much, as she was behaving like an asshole. But in ME3 she was a lot nicer (though still not ME1-like nice), and I'd be genuinely sad to see her die.

She wasn't nice in ME1, she was fucking boring. About as boring as Kaidan. And trust me, apparently i know a lot about boring according to GAF.

jett

D-Member
lol. I didn't feel a thing during any of the attempts at being emotionally manipulative in ME3.

jett

D-Member
I know the answer is probably LOL NO, but is the Omega DLC any good? Or is it just more of the same crap?

Tash

I was super retarded and made a horribly stupid mistake and actually teared up when
Tali killed herself

DTKT

Joker is going to die and save the Normandy. EDI is going to become fully human because she is sad.

ttteeaaaaarrrsss

Arjen

Had forgotten about it as well. So weird how Bioware could make him so crucial and yet so non-crucial at the same time.

Well he fits perfectly into the main plot.
And that's pretty easy because the main plot is so goddamn stupid.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
She wasn't nice in ME1, she was fucking boring. About as boring as Kaidan. And trust me, apparently i know a lot about boring according to GAF.
That tag, lol. But she didn't feel boring to me, she was cute and kinda shy. Kaidan was a good friend, while Ashley was a xenophobic, cold woman who I didn't like at all. She was even worse than Garrus, whom I despised until ME2.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Tears of joy! Space jesus comes back from the matrix on the 3rd day. His former crew members don't recognize him until they realize THE TRUTH and THE WAY, then he disappears. Eventually there is space Pentecost, and all the normandy crew members are now space apostles and can be understood by Turian, Asari, Krogan, Salarian and all alien tongues

SPACE JESUS!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
That tag, lol. But she didn't feel boring to me, she was cute and kinda shy. Kaidan was a good friend, while Ashley was a xenophobic, cold woman who I didn't like at all. She was even worse than Garrus, whom I despised until ME2.

Being the shy awkward crew member was literally all there was to her. She was flat and boring.

I guess I'll be the one positive voice here.

I liked Omega, although it should have been longer, and Levaiathan was great. ME3 is also my GOTY so I'll take more DLC!

Bisnic

I know the answer is probably LOL NO, but is the Omega DLC any good? Or is it just more of the same crap?

It's only worth it if you :

1) Like Omega
2) Like Aria
3) Like ME3 combat

If you hate all 3 or even just one of the three, avoid it, because you're going to regret it.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Does being bored to tears count Bioware? If so, that.

Anyway, announcing such a moment just means that I'll be on the lookout for it, and thus it'll probably fail to raise any emotion out of me, thanks for spoiling that guys.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Kaiden and Ashley were the worst two characters in a series full of great ones.

The tears must be that they return in the DLC.

Wish I could have killed them both in ME1.

I read this news like they are trying to do more with the ending. Like they are desperate for saving the franchise.

I must admit, it sort of burned. It burned like Matrix Revolutions burned.

Matrix = Beyond FUCKING AMAZING. OHH MY GAWWDDDD.

Matrix Reloaded = WTF? Well I guess I can't really make sense of this before seing nr 3 -

Matrix Revolutions = NEO IS JESUS? WAAAAAT?

Bisnic

I read this news like they are trying to do more with the ending. Like they are desperate for saving the franchise.

I must admit, it sort of burned. It burned like Matrix Revolutions burned.

Matrix = Beyond FUCKING AMAZING. OHH MY GAWWDDDD.

Matrix Reloaded = WTF? Well I guess I can't really make sense of this before seing nr 3 -

Matrix Revolutions = NEO IS JESUS? WAAAAAT?

To be honest, the franchise doesn't need saving just because a few very vocal people on the internet raged months ago and are still bitter about it. I'm guessing most people didn't care much about the ending fiasco and got over it a long time ago.

The ending was bad yes, but a lot of games had bad endings in the past and the franchises are still going on.

jett

D-Member
Kaiden and Ashley were the worst two characters in a series full of great ones.

The tears must be that they return in the DLC.

Wish I could have killed them both in ME1.

Yeah they are just garbage. Frankly none of the games in this franchise is particularly great.

Why would you want to play DLC after that ending. I have no desire to invest my time in the fiction, since they gave us that turd of a conclusion.

I'm sure it'll be emotionally engaging.

Seriously, though, looking forward to even more ME3 content, I really like the game. (I know, I'm an awful person) I can't see Bioware being able to pull off anything truly tearjerking, though, they may be able to get my eyes a little watery if I'm invested enough but the only game to produce legit tears was The Walking Dead and as much as I enjoy Bioware's stories and characters I haven't seen them produce anything to that standard.

I'd love some kind of homage to the first few hours of Mass Effect 1. It'd be so great to bookend the series with some good, solid hours of RPGing around the Citadel. Obviously there's going to be a lot of wave-based shooting and explosions, but if this is the last piece of Mass Effect Trilogy content Bioware Edmonton ever does maybe they'll feel compelled to change it up.

Top Bottom