• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Mass Effect 3 DLC has "high potential for tears"

Patryn

I think I'm willing to give this DLC a chance. I'm interested in Leviathan, but I think I want a full replay of ME3 in order to see how it fits organically, but I have a feeling that replay may be my last replay, as beating it twice will be enough. So I think I'm going to wait for this DLC, and then play the complete package.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It blows my mind that people have paid money for more ME3 SP content after finishing the game. ME2 dealt a devastating blow to my interest in the franchise and the lazy ME3 was the final insult.

Mass Effect disappeared after the first game and never came back.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It blows my mind that people have paid money for more ME3 SP content after finishing the game. ME2 dealt a devastating blow to my interest in the franchise and the lazy ME3 was the final insult.

I know right? How dare people like games that you don't like. The bastards.

Prologue

They mentioned tears and they mentioned Joker. Maybe this is DLC regarding Joker's sister.

I wish they included more romance DLC with their content. A cut scene or two wouldn't hurt.

Lazy? sigh...it's not even worth arguing anymore, the hate is too strong.

FoolsRun

lol. I didn't feel a thing during any of the attempts at being emotionally manipulative in ME3.

Oh, I felt something, but I don't think it was what Bioware intended. Unless they were aiming for disappointment and disgust. . .

(I still thought the game was pretty good overall, despite being disappointed as hell at times).

Bisnic

ME2 didn't have multiplayer so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

ME3 multiplayer is pretty good(even if it's filled with bugs like powers not working as intended) so i'm not sure what you are talking about.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love some kind of homage to the first few hours of Mass Effect 1. It'd be so great to bookend the series with some good, solid hours of RPGing around the Citadel. Obviously there's going to be a lot of wave-based shooting and explosions, but if this is the last piece of Mass Effect Trilogy content Bioware Edmonton ever does maybe they'll feel compelled to change it up.
That was probably my favorite moment of ME1, so I wouldn't mind if the DLC was all about that. Of course, it wouldn't be ME3 (or even ME2) without 40000 shootouts per minute, nor mechs flying all around and Banshees and Brutes and Kai Leng.

Trigger

Raphael Sbarge has the sexiest damn voice. I'm interested if he and Seth Green are returning.

I think I'm willing to give this DLC a chance. I'm interested in Leviathan, but I think I want a full replay of ME3 in order to see how it fits organically, but I have a feeling that replay may be my last replay, as beating it twice will be enough. So I think I'm going to wait for this DLC, and then play the complete package.

I'm doing something similar. I played the game through about three times to see the end of my different Shepard's stories. I'll do the same after all the DLC is out.

I'm intrigued. I think ME3 is a very good game still, despite its problems, and the Mass Effect Trilogy DLC up to this point has been pretty good.

Draikin 2

The problem with Bioware is that they sacrifice the plot to add those "emotional" moments. The Extended Cut had one particular added scene where the first time I saw it I couldn't help but laugh over how stupid the whole thing was. I can't believe all writers were supposedly onboard for the EC and none of them points out that what they're writing is not making any sense whatsoever. And after the way they hyped up the Omega DLC, which turned out to be overpriced and unfinished, I can't see why anyone would want to believe them anymore.

Bisnic

The problem with Bioware is that they sacrifice the plot to add those "emotional" moments. The Extended Cut had one particular added scene where the first time I saw it I couldn't help but laugh over how stupid the whole thing was. I can't believe all writers were supposedly onboard for the EC and none of them points out that what they're writing is not making any sense whatsoever. And after the way they hyped up the Omega DLC, which turned out to be overpriced and unfinished, I can't see why anyone would want to believe them anymore.

Are you talking about the Normandy evacuation scene where
Harbinger apparently can't see the big ship in front of him and never try to stop it so that Shepard can have his/her "No matter what, i'll always love you. Now go, don't argue with me" goodbye?

Additionally, Raphael Sbarge who voices squadmate Kaiden Alenko tweeted back in October that he was recording new lines for the game.
But he's dead. How can he still be doing voice work for a character than no longer exists?

Patryn

To a degree for the EC, they were locked into the events that were in the original ending. Barring one change that people may not have noticed, Bioware seemed adamant at sticking with that they already had. So it wasn't necessarily a case where they could write whatever they wanted.

Basically, they had to explain something that didn't make any sense, and there was literally no way to make that make sense and the only thing they had going for them was the emotion of that moment.

StopLikingWhatIDontLike_9969.jpg

Patryn

Stop believe i dislike what you like only because you like it

That wasn't directed simply at people who disliked ME3. It was directed at people who are getting angry or stating disbelief that anybody could like it.

Basically there's a difference between disliking something but accepting that others have a different viewpoint, and stating that your opinion is the only opinion and if you like something you are wrong.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That wasn't directed simply at people who disliked ME3. It was directed at people who are getting angry or stating disbelief that anybody could like it.

Basically there's a difference between disliking something but accepting that others have a different viewpoint, and stating that your opinion is the only opinion and if you like something you are wrong.

I accept people like it, just like some people like having their balls stepped on or enjoy drinking their own urine. I just don't understand it, I don't get how you could play through that trilogy and then want more from the people who served up parts 2 and 3. It's almost as bad as the people who want Prometheus 2.

I accept people like it, just like some people like having their balls stepped on or enjoy drinking their own urine. I just don't understand it, I don't get how you could play through that trilogy and then want more from the people who served up parts 2 and 3. It's almost as bad as the people who want Prometheus 2.

I...liked Prometheus >_____>

Bisnic

Maybe some people just don't care about plotholes and writing quality being a rollercoaster if they just want to see more of an interesting universe?

Beside, the guys who will make the next game aren't the same people who made parts 2 and 3, so let's give them a chance.

Sure, some people would say "look at Omega, its all about shooting stuff, just like the rest of ME3! There is no hope *cry*" But yeah, that's just it... Omega was always going to be about fighting Cerberus to get Omega back, so a lot of shooting was to be expected and Bioware Montreal wasn't going to change the gameplay that has been established in ME3 dramatically + their team is still rather small and what they did was pretty good considering that. They're currently looking to hire a lot more people for ME4 so i do not doubt that the game will be more interesting and more than just Omega v 2.0.

Tali Death in 3...2....

But... she can already die in ME3. :lol

God a lot of salt in this thread. Then again, i expected no less from this forum.

Omega DLC is great so far - havent finished it yet but its better than leviathan. Lair of the Shadow Broker has been the best DLC so far however.

ME DLC can be hit and miss, but when they put effort into it its really good. Regardless, its the best game to come out this year and even with the multiple glitches, the Multiplayer is still going strong.

The ending still seems to rub people the wrong way, on this forum anyway. It was fine to me and any new ME stuff makes me happy. Cant wait for this new one they have given a lot of after sales support for the franchise which is always welcome.

Bisnic

Omega DLC was ok if a bit overpriced.Leviathan DLC was great though.

The only reason i could see as to why Omega was more expensive is that they seem to have put a lot of efforts in the design and size of the maps.

While Leviathan indeed have more variations in planets and environments, all the maps were rather small. I mean, you've got a small meteor base, a canyon level that isn't that big either(just a bunch of vertical platforms), while the water planet is just a crashed ship and with an underwater part.

Omega is much more bigger than all of those. The only reason why its barely longer than Leviathan despite the bigger maps is that you spend a lot of your time in combat and constant moving forward, while Leviathan spend almost half of its time investigating either the Citadel lab or the meteor base or slowly walking underwater.

But good luck trying to justify this to players where the only good reason for a more expensive DLC is its length, which is understandable.

Patryn

The only reason i could see as to why Omega was more expensive is that they seem to have put a lot of efforts in the design and size of the maps.

While Leviathan indeed have more variations in planets and environments, all the maps were rather small. I mean, you've got a small meteor base, a canyon level that isn't that big either(just a bunch of vertical platforms), while the water planet is just a crashed ship and with an underwater part.

Omega is much more bigger than all of those. The only reason why its barely longer than Leviathan despite the bigger maps is that you spend a lot of your time in combat and constant moving forward, while Leviathan spend almost half of its time investigating either the Citadel lab or the meteor base or slowly walking underwater.

But good luck trying to justify this to players where the only good reason for a more expensive DLC is its length, which is understandable.

I tend to believe it was that Carrie Anne Moss cost more.

Bisnic

I tend to believe it was that Carrie Anne Moss cost more.

I don't know it seems hard to believe that one voice actor alone can make a DLC 5$ more expensive. More efforts being put into bigger maps seems like a more logical reason.

Or else the next DLC is going to be ridiculously expensive with all the returning voice actors.

Patryn

I don't know it seems hard to believe that one voice actor alone can make a DLC 5$ more expensive. More efforts being put into bigger maps seems like a more logical reason.

Or else the next DLC is going to be ridiculously expensive with all the returning voice actors.

I'm fully expecting it to be $15 as well.

Lothars

It's just like I accept that some posters that keep saying the same thing in every ME thread that the series after ME1 sucks may just post to try to get a reaction out of others and refuse to just move on and quit shitting up every thread.

I fully expect the next dlc pack like Patryn said will be $15 as well.

Well, admittedly while most ME voice actors do a good job they don't have Carrie-Ann Moss' pedigree. Seth Green and Raphael Sbarge are pretty well known but while I wouldn't compare Moss' status with Martin Sheen, Matrix was a big deal and Memento has become a very well known cult hit.

Top Bottom