• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus Challenge 2.0 (Overwatch x Heroes event): D.Va, Genji skins, 10 lootboxes, more

No, they added new stuff for week 1.

(I don't think any of that Overwatch stuff is actually new, but Heroes apparently can't check Overwatch unlock status so it's marked as unowned.)

But that's not the way it works anyway, you need to do each week's 'quest' to start on the next. But these quests get saved up, so even if you are busy for week 1 you can do that quest during week 2.

Ah lame, at least it's not Overwatch stuff, I already have those things.

SRTtoZ

Aw man...

I tried the tutorial for like...5 minutes and I didn't understand a damn thing.

Its pretty simple Tower Defense. Your team of 5 against another team of 5, defend your towers and attack theirs. Capture Merc camps to help push lanes, kill minions to gain xp and get an edge talent wise. It can get much more advanced but thats the basics.

KarmaCow

Aw man...

I tried the tutorial for like...5 minutes and I didn't understand a damn thing.

The good news it that you can get the first week's rewards just playing against AI and I'd wager the majority of people playing right now are playing just for the Genji Oni skin. The AI on easy is pretty braindead that you don't need to worry about dragging everyone down because you're new and overwhelmed. Plus you don't even need to win, just finish 5 games each week.

liezryou

If I just want the Dva skin, I only have to play 5 games during week 2 right? I don't need to participate every week?

Nope, seems like you got to complete the first quest to unlock the second and so on. If you want those boxes, 20 matches total.

You just gotta play the game 5 times in a row? Win or lose?

Nah you just need to play the matches whether you win or lose.

If they forced you to win then that would bring in even less players.

Can someone put a FAQ in the OP so the same question doesn't get asked 20 million times

SRTtoZ

If I just want the Dva skin, I only have to play 5 games during week 2 right? I don't need to participate every week?

I think you need to complete week 1 to get to week 2 but you don't have to do week 1's right now, you can wait until week 2. I could be wrong.

Wow, assumed this was overwatch too. They should've been more specific, it's annoying how you have to play another game to get skins in a game you want. Although they're adding them to overwatch, there's no timeframe on it so that's asinine. At the very least it should be on console overwatch now.

KarmaCow

Wow, assumed this was overwatch too. They should've been more specific, it's annoying how you have to play another game to get skins in a game you want. Although they're adding them to overwatch, there's no timeframe on it so that's asinine. At the very least it should be on console overwatch now.

Is the Genji Oni skin not already in the console version? It was the reward for the previous HotS event. I imagine the DVa skin will be patched in next week when the next quest is available in HotS.

exfatal

I swear i got a legendary skin from my last loot box after rerolling.. and now i cant find it.. this isnt a good start blizzard...

gryvan

anybody have any clarification on that week 4 reward?

nirolak wrote 10 box per each game so potentially 50 loot boxes?

or is it just 10 loot boxes for 5 games...

Well guess I'm playing HoTS for the first time.

I really don't get though why you have to play with a friend? That seems really stupid why can't you just play the matches? I don't know a single person in real life that plays this game

Zaventem

Is the Genji Oni skin not already in the console version? It was the reward for the previous HotS event. I imagine the DVa skin will be patched in next week when the next quest is available in HotS.

It is just need to link your account. Make sure you guys accept the friend request before you start a match, i know it sounds stupid but i forgot to do that when i joined a party just for that.

Well guess I'm playing HoTS for the first time.

I really don't get though why you have to play with a friend? That seems really stupid why can't you just play the matches? I don't know a single person in real life that plays this game

They're trying to grow the number of people who play HotS proportional to their OW growth. They're hoping at least a small percentage of people who are hunting OW goodies stick around to pump money into HotS's slot machine, too. They can double their chances by forcing the friend thing.

Trickster

anybody have any clarification on that week 4 reward?

nirolak wrote 10 box per each game so potentially 50 loot boxes?

or is it just 10 loot boxes for 5 games...

It's 10 boxes for 5 games.

They would never let you get 40 bucks worth of lootboxes just for playing 5 games of hots

I played quite a bit of Heroes of the Storm in 2015 and dabbled with it on and off in 2016. This 2.0 update got me to reinstall it. I had hit the player level cap of level 40 and had kind of lost interest. The progression revamp, promise of lots of loot for being above level, and free heroes bundle did their job for me. I do wonder how long I'll keep playing this time though.

Wow good work blizz. Couple quick tutorials and even had two matches that were pretty fun. Guy named Chu helped me learn and was super nice.

Cool.

Ok gaf, given thef act that i don't have a single friend to play this with, i'll be adding you for that DELICIOUS D.Va skin: NinjaRobot#12472

Alur

Is this annoying for regular HotS players? Having an influx of people suddenly join the game just to throw matches? Unless everyone is just doing it with friends.

just making sure: so i just play 5 games with a friend today and get genji stuff then play 5 more next week and get dva, etc etc etc? or does this start at a certain date/time? or can i just play 10+ matches in a row and get all the stuff from multiple weeks?

There is MMR in HOTS you know. You're going to be facing other new people as well. If any veteran players are still hovering in the starting MMR what happens in this event really isn't much different than how it normally goes in that range with all the new players.

jetsetrez

All of that Dva stuff is awesome, and very nice free loot boxes. This is a great promo. Man, I'm gonna have to work in those 5 games per week on the weekend. I've disallowed myself HotS or Overwatch while school is in session, but I can't miss out on those. Should be able to get it done in about 2 hours on the weekend.

The1Ski

Can things you already own come from a loot chest?

If so, what happens? I don't know if I should reroll if there's the potential for gold for doubles

Top Bottom