• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

LJ11

Not that anyone gives a shit, but the more I think about the CFB I watched this weekend, the more I like Damontre Moore. LSU's tackles are straight junk, but he was very good against the run, and exceptional as a pass rusher. May be the best overall DE.

Only SEC team that has tackles worth a shit is his own team, which is actually a plus because scouts can see him work against two guys that are probably first round locks during practice. Also one on one cut ups of him going up against Matthews/Joeckel, may be the easiest eval for scouts.

Ah, good old October, when the draft countdown begins....

Lunchbox

Banned
It was a bunch of divisional matchups and they came down to the wire as they should.
real elite teams dont care about such details

this is putting up a notice -

1bvKr.jpg

Lunchbox

Banned
Why do people keep talking about that game when the Jets beat the pats ass in the playoffs?

Congrats you won the game that didn't matter.

because thats your superbowl every season

congrats you won the fluke game after that, which didnt matter for you AS ALWAYS

Hunter S.

Oh god Saints face Peyton at Mile High next week.
Another high flying no defense game coming up.

Considering the broncs are only bad against the ground game and your backs are worse than old McGahee I am not too worried. we will beat you without the help of a penalty.

Troll

Banned
because thats your superbowl every season

congrats you won the fluke game after that, which didnt matter for you AS ALWAYS

What are you talking about? Weren't you alive in 1969? The Jets were really good that year.

e: 68 season January of 69 for the SB.

cajunator

Banned
Considering the broncs are only bad against the ground game and your backs are worse than old McGahee I am not too worried. we will beat you without the help of a penalty.

The backs arent bad.
Run blocking isnt very good this year though.
The problem is the saints abandon the run quickly or they halfass it just enough to setup play action.

minx

Suh and the d-line are going to destroy the Bears o-line and Poutface.

Most important game for the Lions this season. We win I'm confident we get in the playoffs looking at the rest of the schedule, we lose we're pretty much fucked.

Most over rated D Line in the NFL

Hunter S.

The backs arent bad.
Run blocking isnt very good this year though.
The problem is the saints abandon the run quickly or they halfass it just enough to setup play action.

The play action eventually would hardly fool anyone. I tell you if Denver has true complete game like against Oakland than it will be a killer. I expect a loss only if the ball is fumbled like it is your moms vibrator being tossed around.

Rorschach

Not that anyone gives a shit, but the more I think about the CFB I watched this weekend, the more I like Damontre Moore. LSU's tackles are straight junk, but he was very good against the run, and exceptional as a pass rusher. May be the best overall DE.

Only SEC team that has tackles worth a shit is his own team, which is actually a plus because scouts can see him work against two guys that are probably first round locks during practice. Also one on one cut ups of him going up against Matthews/Joeckel, may be the easiest eval for scouts.

Would you want the Bills to rake another DE?

harSon

Banned
My internet has been down for a while, and I didn't get the chance to comment on the game. So......

Outside of the drive where they let the Bengals literally run it up the gut on us, knowing damn well they were going to run each time, for a touchdown... we actually looked pretty good on defense for once. Pressure on the QB, was decent, particurally down the stretch. Coverage was great, and Ike Taylor played a lot better (even the touchdown on him was a perfect pass), although I'm not convinced we can replicate this success against a team with more than one receiver who's worth a damn.

Offensively, there were positives and negatives. Ben was hit or miss, but our receivers honestly didn't help us out many, especially Wallace who I'm convinced doesn't give a flying fuck anymore. The running game looked pathetic early on, but picked up considerably as the game went on. But as always, I'm never fooled by the exception to the rule. We sucked at rushing without Mendenhall before, and one positive game without him isn't going to change that trend. Similar to Amos Zereoué, Redman, etc... he's likely only good coming off the bench, and not when placed in a position where he's the sole carrier for the entirety of the season. Oh, and why the fuck are we running Rainy's skinny midget ass up the middle? It worked once, but that sure as hell doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I actually enjoy what Haley has done with the offense. Plays are quicker, and Ben is on his back less as a result (partially because of Ben's ridiculous ability to shed tacklers). But there was a stretch during this game where we were doing nothing but runs, screens and dump offs... when our strengths are obviously in our ability to spread the defense and carve away 8+ yarders at ease, and we looked like absolute shit when we went away from it. Don't do it again Haley.

And our offense is baller as shit in the no huddle, especially Ben who commands it like a fucking general 99.9% of the time, and I still can't believe that the fucking coaches can't see what every analyst, spectator and fan sees. Maybe we need to bring in some fucking bum offensive coordinator who doesn't have a foot to stand on, because I'm starting to think Arians, and now Haley, are too proud to remove themselves in such a significant way with the no huddle, effectively leaving the offense in the hands of Ben during the game.

Oh, and I know there's probably holding and illegal blocks in the back on nearly kick and punt return, but what did the Steelers do to be the only fucking team in the NFL to be called out on it? I swear, any return return greater than 10-20 yards is guaranteed to be brought back with a penalty. I constantly find myself begging our returners to just fall to the ground, or run out of bounds, out of fear that we're giving the officials more time to realize that they've yet to throw a flag for a holding call.

squicken

Think Wanny gets the axe this week?

edit: People wonder why WRs catch passes short of the 1st down marker? DBs aren't dumb. They know where it is too. You have to throw short sometimes and let the WRs make a play with YAC. Packers did this 3 times with Cobb. The one below is to Driver who can't make it

itMEw0xVz6DQL.jpg

igtbPaiLOqhlK.jpg

Can't believe the Vikings won.

Ponder is going to give me a heart attack. Just when I started to feel halfway confident in his ability to play smart calm football he goes full doofus for two games.

Hopefully this is the bottom of his slump. I don't like doing my "no interception" chant before every possession.

At least this Harrison Smith kid is a baller.

K-19

Banned
Can't believe the Vikings won.

Ponder is going to give me a heart attack. Just when I started to feel halfway confident in his ability to play smart calm football he goes full doofus for two games.

Hopefully this is the bottom of his slump. I don't like doing my "no interception" chant before every possession.

At least this Harrison Smith kid is a baller.

Adrian Peterson is such a great runner, just explosive. For Ponder it is weird, they knew how to manage the SF D and there he get outplayed. Cards ...

Hammer24

Banned
October isn´t even over and I´m already in wait-for-next-year mode. Fuck.
Freeman can´t throw an intermediate pass to fight his way to the toilet.

Troll

Banned
October isn´t even over and I´m already in wait-for-next-year mode. Fuck.
Freeman can´t throw an intermediate pass to fight his way to the toilet.

When every intermediate pass doesn't get him a free tripple whopper, why would he? Then again, that should be easy for Tampa brass to fix.

Hammer24

Banned
When every intermediate pass doesn't get him a free tripple whopper, why would he? Then again, that should be easy for Tampa brass to fix.

First they need an idea which rules differ from college to the pros. That´d save some embaressment come gameday.

Wes

venison crêpe
According to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, the National Football League is investigating the San Diego Chargers for possibly using an illegal "Stick 'em"-like substance during their 35-24 loss to the Denver Broncos last Monday night.

"NFL Security has already begun investigation as SD equipment man was hiding illegal sticky substance and giving to players. Line judge saw it and had it confiscated and sent to Broncos and league", Glazer posted on Twitter.

What a joke.

eznark

Banned
lol just saw that:

389474oie22121110jIDnAfHt.png

Guy is a joke. Why should he have the answers? He's the second year QB playing mediocre football on a garbage team. Worry about yourself and let the coach, GM and owner fine the answers. Seriously, I'm not positive he can read but if he can, the only thing he does read is his own headlines from last year.

The Dolphins made it to second place in the AFC East yesterday and they didn't even have to play. Next weekend's game against the Jets will be huge for both teams.

Redskins widereceivers are terrible. Only reason they lost that game yesterday.

If I had to watch that white tight end drop another pass/put himself in terrible position to get the first down I was going to off myself.

Bob can't do it himself godamnit.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

If I had to watch that white tight end drop another pass/put himself in terrible position to get the first down I was going to off myself.

Good thing they brought back Chris Cooley!

They did put their defense in a good position to finish off the game, though. No excuse for letting Cruz get behind the secondary like that.

eznark

Banned

Were the receivers playing safety at the end of the game?

KingKong

So it's pretty obvious that Christian Ponder is a bust and holding the team back. What can the Vikings do?

Can they trade for Vick?

eznark

Banned
Christian Ponder: 8/17 for 58 yards 1 TD 2 INT QBR: 18.4

John Skelton: 25/36 for 262 yards 1 TD 1 INT QBR: 11.5

Give me a fucking break, ESPN.

Top Bottom