• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 16 |OT| The Jungle

img-header.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's an unfinished country. It's still prehistorical.
img1.jpg

The only thing that is lacking is - is the dinosaurs here.
img2.jpg

It's like a curse weighing on an entire landscape. And whoever... goes too deep into this has his share of this curse.
img3.jpg

So we are cursed with what we are doing here.
img4.jpg

It's a land that God, if he exists has - has created in anger.
img5.jpg

Taking a close look at - at what's around us there - there is some sort of a harmony.
img6.jpg

It is the harmony of... overwhelming and collective murder.
img7.jpg

And we in comparison to the articulate vileness
img8.jpg

and baseness
img9x.jpg

and obscenity...
img10x.jpg

We in comparison to that enormous articulation - we only sound and look like badly pronounced and half-finished
sentences out of a stupid suburban... novel... a cheap novel.
img11x.jpg

We have to become humble
img12.jpg

in front of this overwhelming misery and
img13.jpg

overwhelming fornication...
img23.jpg

overwhelming growth
img15.jpg

and overwhelming lack of order.
img16.jpg

Even the - the stars up here in the - in the sky look like a mess.
img17.jpg

There is no harmony in the universe.
img18.jpg

We have to get acquainted to this idea that there is no real harmony as we have conceived it.
img19x.jpg

But when I say this, I say this all full of admiration for the jungle.
img21.jpg

It is not that I hate it, I love it. I love it very much.
img20.jpg

But I love it against my better judgment.
img22.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIA @ BUF
NO @ CAR
MIN @ CIN
DEN @ HOU
TEN @ JAC
IND @ KC
DAL @ WAS
CLE @ NYJ
TB @ STL

NYG @ DET
NE @ BAL
OAK @ SD
PIT @ GB

CHI @ PHI

cdyhybrid

MIA @ BUF
NO @ CAR
MIN @ CIN
DEN @ HOU
TEN @ JAC
IND @ KC
DAL @ WAS
CLE @ NYJ
TB @ STL
ARI @ SEA

NYG @ DET
NE @ BAL
OAK @ SD
PIT @ GB

CHI @ PHI

ATL @ SF

Buckethead, you forgot the Hawks game this week in the schedule (and maybe another one?)! Another great OP as usual though!

Go Hawks
Cards suck

Edit: Falcons Niners was the other game.

MIA @ BUF
NO @ CAR
MIN @ CIN
DEN @ HOU
TEN @ JAC
IND @ KC
DAL @ WAS
CLE @ NYJ
TB @ STL
ARI @ SEA

NYG @ DET
NE @ BAL
OAK @ SD
PIT @ GB

CHI @ PHI

Seems fanboyish...but I don't see Chicago beating Philly at home, whereas I'm more likely to believe the Lions can beat NY in Detroit.

We'll retake control of the division and then lose a stupid game in Minnesota, just watch.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
MIA @ BUF
NO @ CAR
MIN @ CIN
DEN @ HOU
TEN @ JAC
IND @ KC
DAL @ WAS
CLE @ NYJ
TB @ STL
ARI @ SEA

NYG @ DET
NE @ BAL
OAK @ SD
PIT @ GB

CHI @ PHI

Seems fanboyish...but I don't see Chicago beating Philly at home, whereas I'm more likely to believe the Lions can beat NY in Detroit.

We'll retake control of the division and then lose a stupid game in Minnesota, just watch.
Don't forget the Packers are now ahead of you too. You need both the Bears and Packers to lose next week to retake the division.

Hammer24

Banned
Let´s do this!

MIA @ BUF
NO @ CAR
MIN @ CIN
DEN @ HOU
TEN @ JAC
IND @ KC
DAL @ WAS
CLE @ NYJ
TB @ STL

NYG @ DET
NE @ BAL
OAK @ SD
PIT @ GB

CHI @ PHI

squicken

I had no idea the Giants could cut Eli and save $10m. That's basically what the Rams face with Bradford. Any indications NY would actually draft a QB in this draft and trade or release Eli?

Trasher

MIA @ BUF
NO @ CAR
MIN @ CIN
DEN @ HOU
TEN @ JAC
IND @ KC
DAL @ WAS
CLE @ NYJ
TB @ STL
ARI @ SEA

NYG @ DET
NE @ BAL
OAK @ SD
PIT @ GB

CHI @ PHI

It's funny how fast I'm turning now to the "just lose out and fire Schwartz please" strat. I'm so ready. Please make it happen. This MNF game was god awful. Holy shit.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Go Bears.

McCoy's gonna tear them a new one isn't he.

The Eagles have a great rushing offense while the Bears have a terrible rushing defense...

But the Bears have a great passing offense while the Eagles have a terrible passing defense....

It's gonna be a shootout of absurd proportions.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Let's get this thread going with a re-post of the good news from last night:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...z-unlikely-to-keep-job-if-lions-miss-playoffs

Jim Schwartz has reached the put-up-or-shut-up stage of his career with the Detroit Lions.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" that Schwartz is unlikely to keep his coaching job if the Lions miss the postseason, according to team sources.

The changes might go beyond Schwartz if the Lions fail to make the playoffs for the fourth time in five seasons, with the shake-up potentially reaching as high as the office of general manager Martin Mayhew.

told you guys Ravens will probably make the AFC championship, dat flacco luck is feeling like eli time a few years back

I'm ready to see.

RIPatriots

cajunator

Banned
Rams were a wild card defense, Saints can still do it.

Great video Buckethead. I feel all chungley.

On the road, the panthers have the same kind of gut pressure defense that the Rams and seahawks have. Im not confident our oline will hold up long enough to allow Brees to have the passing lanes. Im really worried about that aspext of the team. The defense was given short fields and having to play from way behind so I cant really fault them a lot.

Vyroxis

Banned
Is it bad that I want the lions to make the playoffs if it means Schwartz will stay?

Nah. Schwartz staying means the Lions stay the course, with tons of talent and no hope.

Also, you want the Lions to make the playoffs so we can all dream of them having to go to Seattle. Because holy shit would that end poorly for them.

Top Bottom